supernal

I mean really ooc

23 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Maaaaan, I could make so many internet/video gaming jokes here...

That was fun. 🤣

Ready player two! 

I had a deep debate with myself as to whether to laugh or superlike. I figured that seeing as I laughed like five times that bundles into a superlike. Just know that it was fucking funny 

17 minutes ago, supernal said:

Ready player two! 

I had a deep debate with myself as to whether to laugh or superlike. I figured that seeing as I laughed like five times that bundles into a superlike. Just know that it was fucking funny 

Thanks! It was fucking fun to write! lol

And the best part is Erin's bank accounts were all in Elendaron... 

No getting past the paywall for her.

EDIT: Oh, so yeah, you guys can all arrive in the Cyberplex (that was it's name, right?), just have Erin display as a giphy.gif until my next post.

Edited by Tyler

11 minutes ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

How much immersion will the suits actually provide? Is it more like AR or just a VR overlay on top of what Xavier can actually see?

I think a VR overlay on top of what you can see / is actually there IS AR 

The suits will provide more immersion than our real life headsets and such but less than the halos. I’m thinking the helmet / visor provides visual and auditory input and output but that the wires over the rest of the body intercept / translate the nerve relays rather than doing so at the brain (like the halos) for tactile response and motion. And that we experience a lag because of it. You’d be peripherally aware of your body even while in the VR space but don’t run the risk of running into walls and such

10 minutes ago, supernal said:

I think a VR overlay on top of what you can see / is actually there IS AR 

The suits will provide more immersion than our real life headsets and such but less than the halos. I’m thinking the helmet / visor provides visual and auditory input and output but that the wires over the rest of the body intercept / translate the nerve relays rather than doing so at the brain (like the halos) for tactile response and motion. And that we experience a lag because of it. You’d be peripherally aware of your body even while in the VR space but don’t run the risk of running into walls and such

So that means I was correct in how I wrote out the halos in that it's like almost a compete immersion like the Matrix, then? For the halos specifically, that is.

Edited by Tyler

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

So that means I was correct in how I wrote out the halos in that it's like almost a compete immersion like the Matrix, then? For the halos specifically, that is.

Well I said you could do whatever you want so there’s no “correct” to which to aspire, but I did say the halos provide a more immersive experience here and in the IC, so yes lol. But also you certainly read my mind in how I envisioned it and when I say that I also mean it as wordplay