Zashiii

[RELIC] AQUARIUS, MAKE ME WET

Brief: A ragged charlatan hires the party to find the haunted texts before the day of the ritual.
Item: Aquarius Necklace
    A silver necklace with a medallion in the shape of an overflowing water jug. This enchanted necklace allows the user to cast create/destroy water. You are the water bearer. 

Class: B
Pages: 2+

Brevity Challenge Rules

@Aleksei

Edited by Thotification

NARRATIVE

This was a story in the distant past, moments before the events at Shawnee. There was the Mistress Blackhead newly arrived at Renovatio after a long day of travel. She had heard whispers and gossips of a certain necklace one that can make the wielder create or destroy water at will.

As the Mistress, it is her duty to recover such a powerful item. Her one and only goal were to become the Wet Mistress and no one can stop her from achieving that ambition.

Joined the full group of the cartel, the Mistress sets off to accomplish whatever task set for her.

THE MISTRESS BLACKHEAD

The Mistress was not one to worry about such notions. This run will be a rather short one, a simple fetch quest that even she can accomplish alone. But for the sake of professionalism, she had opted to bring the other members of the Black Spear Cartel.

They only had one goal- to find the haunted texts that ragged charlatan spoke of before the ritual begins. The old coot did not say more except the Mistress had one week to accomplish all objectives. The problem is the stupid charlatan never mentioned the cult's name nor gave her any directions. He did describe what the symbols in the text mean.

Like finding a needle in a haystack. How unpleasant.

THE MISTRESS BLACKHEAD

After meeting the charlatan on the road, the Mistress and her agents went on their merry way. They still had a day's walk before reaching the next town and the Mistress Black Head had to make sure everyone is more than ready for the task ahead.

Raising a closed fist, the Mistress Blackhead gesture's meant a pause in their travel.

"As you had expected, we will be closing in on the nearby village soon. I will need all of you to split up and grab as much information as possible regarding the symbols the old fool has entrusted us. We need answers people! The cult's name, their purpose, whatever is the ritual for and lastly where is the ritual going to be held?"

She paused for effect, her eye shifting from one stunned agent to another.

"We only have six days left before we reach the place. I suggest we start splitting now."

KHAKINA KHATUN - THE BLACK KHAKS

The little girl was giddy, excited even. The Mistress Blach Head, however, was not. All she saw in the Mistress Black Head's face was just annoyance.

Middy what's wrong? Are you sick?

She did not voice her concern, though. She was sure that the Mistress Black Head was not one to receive kindly any form of empathy or sympathy from any cartel agent. So Khakina simply nodded. She will observe for now.

Must keep a close eye on the Mistress Black Head. Poor Middy, she could never take a break from all these requests. Should I take more jobs from her hands? That would make her mad though.

So instead of complaining, Khakina merely voiced her assent. "Well, I'll be off then. I'll see what the local tavern has to say about these haunted texts."

Edited by Thotification

SERRAIDA MAVAJO

Unlike Khaki, Sera was in a bad mood too. Not because of the charlatan but because she hadn't had a good fight in a long time.

But the Mistress Black Head has some good pointers. I should find something good later.

Looking for the symbols in this uncharted town in the middle of nowhere won't be easy but Sera was up for the challenge.

I'll find an answer first. Better yet, I will find out everything.

Her mind was set, her heart prepared for the trial ahead. She will come out on top in this challenge and perhaps grab a fight or two.

A trip to the local prison wouldn't be so bad. Just need to start a ruckus.

Smiling she gave a rather loud cough. "I'll check the local criminals. Maybe they know something."

NATALYA OF IZRAL - THE BLACK NATS

With two of the senior agents taking their pick, Natalya felt prudent to choose hers as soon as possible.

I don't want to be the last one to pick. What if I would get stuck with the stupidest task? Ewww...gods please, no!

There was frown on her face as she considered her options. Sera went to prison while Khaki went to the local tavern.

These two are playing to their strengths. Sera can easily find kinship with criminals while Khakina can be friends with anyone who can drink as much as her.

But there was another way for a little girl like Natalya. Only one last option.

"I got it!" the young kid squealed. "I will ask the street rats and the little kids! They hear stuff all the time!"

Edited by Thotification

TEDIMIUS CAEDIRII - THE BLACK TEDDY

Teddy was at a loss on how to proceed. If this was an urban city or the royal palace, she would have no problem whatsoever in searching for pieces of information. This, however, was a small rural town and no one outside this region would ever know or even care of this poor town's existence.

Why do I have to suffer this? Why am I surrounded by peasants and beggars? Oh, gods above, please save me!

While wallowing in misery can be comforting, Teddy also knew that the Mistress Black Head only wanted results. This leaves her no choice but to take the task.

Thankfully, all those yeast in Bronte Academy gave me enough knowledge about how the lesser race of poor people thinks.

Pursing her lips, Teddy spoke her chosen course of action. "I'll talk to the head of this village. A mayor or village head or whatever these plebeians call the top plebeian of their land."

MANA NAHI - THE BLACK MANA

This was a point in time where Mana Nahi was still part of the cartel and was still in good terms with everyone. The past had some good memories after all and the later events haven't passed yet so Mana is still a good friend to everyone. For now.

Now, who should I torture for this? Must torture. Soon. Must inflict pain. Soon. Sadism. Soon.

Licking her lips, Mana daydreamed about the wicked things she would do to her soon to be captives. Her excitement cannot be contained and soon she was drooling.

I can see it now. I'll go to the local gangs. I will rip them apart until one squeal. The Mistress Black Head would not mind me cleaning the filth of this little town.

Wiping the dribbling drool off her face, Mana Nahi also voiced her mind. "Leave the local gangs to me. I will make them talk. Even if they have nothing to talk to, they will still talk. Or squeal. I love it when they squeal."

ASLOM THE SEER - THE BLACK ASS

Once more Aslom was forced to undertake another quest. This chain of quests given by the Black Spear Cartel seemed to be unending and Aslom was worried that she might not ever accomplish all her objectives and be able to return to her own world.

I still like it here though. Back in my world, my reality, I was treated like a piece of shit NEET there. Here the people treat me like I am a respectable and responsible adult.

All depressing talks aside, Aslom wondered what she could do to contribute. The others had laid claim to the more common points of interest leaving Aslom to choose from the more obscure and less likely to be useful ones.

Well, I can always hack it with my quest updates. I'll wing it as I go.

With a plan in mind, Aslom spoke, "I'll try talking to the local merchants. Perhaps the antique store. I heard they can appraise things there. Someone could have seen the text that holds these symbols."

ANNALEA TELLEON - THE BLACK ANNAL

Unlike the others, Anna was unconcerned regarding whatever task the Mistress Black Head had set for them. She only felt pity for the skinny charlatan they all had met earlier.

I cannot believe someone would go hungry like that. I must do my best not to become like them. If only I could have given him some food.

She knew she would need to eat soon but the Mistress Black Head's orders come first. Even for a voracious eater like Anna, she still believed in work first pleasure later. The Mistress Black Head only believes in output after all. Anna can eat whatever she wants with no limits as long as she can deliver.

I believe in delayed gratification. Must burn calories first before adding new ones.

Smacking her lips, she finally voiced her brilliant idea, "I will visit the local food shops. Someone might have seen this mark!"

THE LADY WOLNOUGHT - THE BLACK WALLNUT

The esteemed Lady Wolnought was rather relieved this day. Her task at hand was a fairly simple and extremely safe one. Surely no one will attack her while she was looking for information? 

Finally! A safe quest! A safe quest!

She was overjoyed with the prospect of a calm and non-life-threatening task. Who else could blame her? All the Lady Wolnought ever wanted was to live longer. This was why she was famous for being a coward.

Let them all call me a coward. I will outlive them all! I will be the best escape/runaway artist ever!

So she chose the best option available for her. "I'm going to scour the library and if possible, the other scroll shops."

HOLINESS 'HOLLY" SHEATHE - THE BLACK HOE

This was a story way before Holly ever met Sunscar, a time way before she was the head of a vassal noble house. This was just regular old Holly Sheathe. A criminal, a terrorist and best of all an agent of the Black Spear Cartel.

With the Legion almost silent, Holly had lost her target for her revenge. She had joined the cartel in hopes of getting closer to the Legion of Doom and Dredge but circumstances have put a stop on all her plans. Now she was forced to do the Mistress Black Head's bidding.

Just like a dog. A trained rabid dog, but still a dog. It's not so bad actually.

Even when she was still bitter over the loss of her old life, Holly was grateful she was given ama family within the Black Spear Cartel. Now she must repay the gratitude she had received.

By making sure I can deliver.

Holly will make sure she accomplish the task set for her. "I will ask the local farmers and farmhands. They should know something."

Edited by Thotification

SANSALON "LITTLE SANS" FALASHIN - THE BLACK SANSA 

There was the other little girl of the group, the one that never seemed to grow both physically and mentally. Little Sans, as she was usually called, had been one of the oldest agents of the Black Spear Cartel and yet she still looks and acts like a ten-year-old. How or why this came to be, still remain a mystery even to the Mistress Black Head. All everyone need to know is that Little Sans will always be the youngest member of the party.

Middy calls. Middy orders. Little Sans follows.

Even with her addled mind, Sansalon is still capable of following the simplest of orders. One could even argue that she is a savant, trading basic mental faculties in exchange for strength and power. Theoretically, she was the strongest cartel agent in terms of physical prowess. Her magical capabilities are no slouch as well. She's just strong but still socially and mentally stupid. 

"Me smash everyone! Smash people speak louder and do not lie! Lying is bad! Me smash liars too!"

MIDIAN "MIDDY" OCHRE - THE MISTRESS BLACK HEAD

With everyone voicing their desired course of action, the Mistress Black Head was a bit pleased. Now there was no more need for hand-holding with regards to her companions. They can all act on their own while she will instead head for the local cult.

I will claim that necklace the charlatan promised. Even if I have to kill him.

She will need to be fast and discrete, perhaps even infiltrate their little cult. Perhaps she might even encounter someone who knows the texts that holds these symbols the charlatan had given her.

Not even a cult can stop me!

Nodding to everyone present, the Mistress Black Head gave some last minute pointers. "Now that you have all your tasks, we will split up here. There will be no contact until one of us finds these texts. I hope you all survive until the bitter end. Now I bid you farewell."

This is a race now. First to find the texts and stop the ritual wins!

Edited by Thotification