A couple of rules+notes before I set the storyline. Please respond with your character bio first before we begin. It is not necessary to leave a backstory as further knowledge of characters will be added as the story progresses. If you have any questions please ask. I would also like to add that I prefer to write with those who are closer in age with myself. ? 

The time-manner of responses for this story is flexible and as a group (or otherwise) we will work with each other's schedules. I'm pretty lenient with this.

I have written the beginning of Chapter one to get things started, but we may keep this post for Character and story information only. I may make a new post with a copy of the start of Chapter 1 and we will write from there.

-Safe for work only. Please, no romance or sensual themes. I'd like the focus to be on the elements of the plot and character development. Violence is ok. (Please refrain from using profanity).

-NO Lgbt themes/characters permitted. Thank you for understanding.

-Recommended to have literate responses, but multi-paragraphs are optional depending on your preference. I don't mind the length of the responses. Add detail.

Now that this little message is over, let's get to the fun part...

Story plot + more.

Setting: Year of 4035.

Place: A planet called Xetheria. 

Nature: Most of the plants/wildlife are various colors. Outside of the city, there are forests as well as other towns.

More info: No magical/mythical themes, the genre is mostly sci-fi. However, being it is a different planet, there are several strange animal creatures, which can be made up by whomever.

Other: There is currently no real major ruler over the people, as there aren't many citizens anymore. This has led to an amount of chaos. Groups have been made with protective leaders who reign within their town or camp. Keep in mind technology has been further advanced. This includes weapons, tools, fabrics, and transport, even though the city is in the state it is in. 

As for a villain/antihero/antagonist character, I'm really counting on collaborating with you in regard to this. I've had a couple of general ideas. One is that either Zane Arkwright or one of your characters will have no recollection of any damage they might have caused, hence the mystery of this fallen city. However, if whoever the antagonist is, has remembered his/her actions, he/she must have a current motive for keeping everyone blind. Otherwise, if there was a war and a person alone was not responsible, there is bound to be an atagonist in the midst of the madness. I'm leaving this all in our hands, to collaborate and share ideas to create a fun and hopefully successful, suspensful, aannd exciting, story!

My Starter Characters. (Basic Info).

Will add more as the story develops.

Name: Zane Laurence Arkwright

Height: 6'1 

Weight: 145lbs, Thin

Hair Color/Style: Black, Semi Long, past his ears, with wisped bangs over his forehead.

Eye Color: Almond shaped, Blue eyes.

Clothing: Black diagonal zippered vest & Black long-sleeved shirt underneath. Dark Blue Pants, boots. 

Other: Right arm is a silvery blue cyborg prosthetic.

Name: Freya

Height: 5'6

Weight:  125lbs

Hair Color/Style: Long, straight dark brown Hair, straight-cut bangs. Layers.

Eye Color: Brown.

Clothing: Black leggings and flats. Purple long-sleeved, knee-length tunic/dress. Cross pendant on a thin, black necklace chain.

Background

What is not known by most characters in this story is the destruction that had come before. I'm thinking a war or an antagonist had been the cause of this. Further information will develop as the story develops.

The story takes place in a foggy, desolate city on Xetheria. Purple vines cover the ruins of each once glistening skyscraper. Some buildings are more intact than others, sure, but the roads lay cracked and remnants of what was once a prosperous city now lay nearly empty of life. Upon entering the city, few have daydreamed, have let their minds wander to visions of what life must have been like for its prior citizens. As far as it is known, those do not recall what happened, for if there was a recollection of what event had occurred here, no one had mentioned it. Families and individuals dare not live in this city, for the sight of it causes much restlessness to any who come to visit.

Chapter 1: Is it the beginning or is it the End?

In the midst of the city, closer to the heart of it, a young man's eyes open as fog enters the dimly lit room, encircling him. He must've left the window open and fallen asleep. Tired and groggy, he lifted himself to his feet. The window, from where he stood, was set just at his head, so when he went over to it, he had to shut it by standing on the tips of his toes. The room was in an underground space just below the building. That must've been why it was mostly intact. 

In the room, everything was set up in an organized, minimalist manner. There was his small makeshift bed, an old, rusted table, and a small backpack on the floor leaning against the wall. He had been living here for as long as he could remember. The door of the room was dented, and he couldn't get it open to explore the rest of the underground rooms, which he assumed were just old storage rooms for what used to be an office building. Keeping up with daily routine, he took fruit from his bag he picked the day before, put the backpack over his shoulder, and climbed out the window.

Edited by EtherealWings

Hello there! It’s been a while since I’ve done a sci-fi/post-apoc roleplay and this seems like fun. Your take on the setting being another planet and the appearance of the city are definitely intriguing! Though, before I commit to anything, I do have a few questions. What kind of posting schedule are you looking for? Would you like a character sheet or just a small bio similar to what you posted? And what kind of characters/themes would best suit this environment? (Survivalist, apocalyptic, futuristic, or a combo?)

10 minutes ago, AngryCacti said:

Hello there! It’s been a while since I’ve done a sci-fi/post-apoc roleplay and this seems like fun. Your take on the setting being another planet and the appearance of the city are definitely intriguing! Though, before I commit to anything, I do have a few questions. What kind of posting schedule are you looking for? Would you like a character sheet or just a small bio similar to what you posted? And what kind of characters/themes would best suit this environment? (Survivalist, apocalyptic, futuristic, or a combo?)

Hello there, I'm around tonight, hence my quick response. (lol)

As for your questions, I'm pretty lenient. I prefer to have less of waiting time between responses but I'm flexible when it comes to that. Some people get busy and have other things to attend to! So I'd definitely understand. I'm not sure how many people would be interested in joining, bust as of right now it's open to get it started. You can be as descriptive with your character as much as you'd like. I decided to make things easy and give just a general appearance, and if you are comfortable with that you can also do the same, to leave more room for the character to be revealed later in the story. However, just make sure all matches up with the mini ruleset I put up. 

As for the characters/themes, honestly, yes all of the previous. A combo of those three would give the story a more suspenseful edge, I think, which is sort of what I'm looking for. I'm open to sharing/discussing any ideas also. The only thing I'm "picky" about is what is limited to what I already wrote in the ruleset. ? Thanks a bunch for considering, I look forward to collaborating with you.

Oh, and I'd like to add that I prefer to write with others close to my own age, as well! I will be adding this to the main post.

Edited by EtherealWings

5 minutes ago, EtherealWings said:

Hello there, I'm around tonight, hence my quick response. (lol)

As for your questions, I'm pretty lenient. I prefer to have less of waiting time between responses but I'm flexible when it comes to that. Some people get busy and have other things to attend to! So I'd definitely understand. I'm not sure how many people would be interested in joining, bust as of right now it's open to get it started. You can be as descriptive with your character as much as you'd like. I decided to make things easy and give just a general appearance, and if you are comfortable with that you can also do the same, to leave more room for the character to be revealed later in the story. However, just make sure all matches up with the mini ruleset I put up. 

As for the characters/themes, honestly, yes all of the previous. A combo of those three would give the story a more suspenseful edge, I think, which is sort of what I'm looking for. I'm open to sharing/discussing any ideas also. The only thing I'm "picky" about is what is limited to what I already wrote in the ruleset. ? Thanks a bunch for considering, I look forward to collaborating with you.

Oh, and I'd like to add that I prefer to write with others close to my own age, as well! I will be adding this to the main post.

Okay! Thank you for your speedy response! I’ve got a couple other threads I’m a part of and finals are looming on the horizon in a few months so Im not looking to join in anything super rigorous. It looks like some of your rp ideals differ from mine, but it could be fun to write for another POV? And do you mean character age or real age for your preference? 

6 minutes ago, AngryCacti said:

Okay! Thank you for your speedy response! I’ve got a couple other threads I’m a part of and finals are looming on the horizon in a few months so Im not looking to join in anything super rigorous. It looks like some of your rp ideals differ from mine, but it could be fun to write for another POV? And do you mean character age or real age for your preference? 

You can take as much time as necessary to respond, that's no issue. ?  Feel free to enter and startup. If you do have free time, You could also let me know, and I and whomever else an idea of your schedule for free time so we can work together to make this thing happen! Just let me know. 

Yes, I mean my personal age, not the character him/herself

Edited by EtherealWings

I'm kinda interested. Only one rule is a bit confusing to me (though don't misunderstand me, I do understand it) and it's the profanity one. I understand some characters not using it as it's not in their general vocabulary but some characters do use profanity in some circumstances like when expressing oneself (i.e. "I'm so f***ing lucky to have lived that")

Little side notes (noticed you're a recent arrival to Valucre and I will say "Welcome"). I saw you posted the chapter start in the intro post to this. I assume it's IC and is the actual roleplay itself. Normally the water cooler posts are to find interest and sometimes just used to keep OOC for the roleplay itself. Generally IC things go somewhere on the planet of Valucre and since this isn't Valucre itself, you might want to post the Chapter into the alternative section. Don't take this as me being rude or judging or something. Just being friendly and giving some information to a recent arrival.

9 minutes ago, SteamWarden said:

I'm kinda interested. Only one rule is a bit confusing to me (though don't misunderstand me, I do understand it) and it's the profanity one. I understand some characters not using it as it's not in their general vocabulary but some characters do use profanity in some circumstances like when expressing oneself (i.e. "I'm so f***ing lucky to have lived that")

Little side notes (noticed you're a recent arrival to Valucre and I will say "Welcome"). I saw you posted the chapter start in the intro post to this. I assume it's IC and is the actual roleplay itself. Normally the water cooler posts are to find interest and sometimes just used to keep OOC for the roleplay itself. Generally IC things go somewhere on the planet of Valucre and since this isn't Valucre itself, you might want to post the Chapter into the alternative section. Don't take this as me being rude or judging or something. Just being friendly and giving some information to a recent arrival.

Yeah, I was a bit confused as to where to post this since it's off topic with the main story of the website, yet I was referred to the water cooler section. What would be the alt section to post an off-topic (or IC, as you said) story in? I will post the main story there, but since this is just a gathering or recruitment, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to keep this one here since it's already up.

As for your question, it's just more of a personal thing. Some profanity is less intense than others, but for the sake of it being more openly family-friendly (by this I mean open for those who also prefer more friendly environments), I decided to rule it out as much as possible. I understand others have different opinions on the matter, though if the rule not an issue for you personally you're more than welcome to take part in it.

Edited by EtherealWings

7 minutes ago, EtherealWings said:

Yeah, I was a bit confused as to where to post this since it's off topic with the main story of the website, yet I was referred to the water cooler section. What would be the alt section to post an off-topic (or IC, as you said) story in? I will post the main story there, but since this is just a gathering or recruitment, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to keep this one here since it's already up.

A little information since you might not know yet. Valucre consists of three continents, Terrenus, Genesaris, and Renovatio. Each have their own style of roleplay. At the very bottom of the main page is an alternative section which can house anything from fanfiction, wild west, or something like this which is a roleplay taking place off of Valucre itself. However if you click this handy dandy link then you'll find yourself in the alternative section. Just create a thread and voila you got your in character thread and this water cooler thread can be for OOC.

And little more information for the long road. Here's the link to the user lore which consists all the information of a given user's lore ranging from characters, organizations, and others. Find a character sheet you like, or use your own, and you can keep your characters there. And if you want a single link to find them instead of searching around you can create a thread where you can put all of your character sheets whether it be the character sheets themselves or links to them.

6 minutes ago, SteamWarden said:

A little information since you might not know yet. Valucre consists of three continents, Terrenus, Genesaris, and Renovatio. Each have their own style of roleplay. At the very bottom of the main page is an alternative section which can house anything from fanfiction, wild west, or something like this which is a roleplay taking place off of Valucre itself. However if you click this handy dandy link then you'll find yourself in the alternative section. Just create a thread and voila you got your in character thread and this water cooler thread can be for OOC.

And little more information for the long road. Here's the link to the user lore which consists all the information of a given user's lore ranging from characters, organizations, and others. Find a character sheet you like, or use your own, and you can keep your characters there. And if you want a single link to find them instead of searching around you can create a thread where you can put all of your character sheets whether it be the character sheets themselves or links to them.

Thanks for the information. ? But yes as for this story, as it will be interesting and such, delicate words such as "crap" isn't a big deal. When I speak of profanity, I just mean harsher terms such as the F word, etc. I've written quite a few intricate stories and it was never completely necessary to use profanity, myself, so I figured it wouldn't be too big of an issue for others. Anyway, thank you again for taking time out of your day to help me further understand the site. Have a wonderful day/night!

I will not push you to join, but if you are willing to look past what you mentioned, this post will be primarily for just getting an idea of who'd be taking part and with what character(s) you or others would like to use.

1 minute ago, EtherealWings said:

Thanks for the information. ? But yes as for this story, as it will be interesting and such, delicate words such as "crap" isn't a big deal. When I speak of profanity, I just mean harsher terms such as the F word, etc. I've written quite a few intricate stories and it was never completely necessary to use profanity, myself, so I figured it wouldn't be too big of an issue for others. Anyway, thank you again for taking time out of your day to help me further understand the site. Have a wonderful day/night!

I will not push you to join, but if you are willing to look past what you mentioned, this post will be primarily for just getting an idea of who'd be taking part and with what character(s) you or others would like to use.

Profanity won't be a major issue with me. I'd have to keep it in the back of mind somewhere. As for why I initially said 'kinda interested' is because I've been debating on starting my own thread and I'm already in a few threads (I think four currently). I generally keep a set number and I always keep one set off for something. You'll get my answer as to if I join or not sometime next/this week (depending on if you're on Saturday or Sunday). I'll try to give an definitive answer and let you know instead of leave people hanging like I (unfortunately) normally do.

I completely forgot to comment on this earlier cos i suck!

However i wanted to know if you had an idea in mind for direction here, since i noticed you had two characters there so i assume both will be in there. I wanted to ask because i wondered if you might have need for a villain of sorts, or if you'd prefer everyone was a fellow regular survivor alongside yours?

11 hours ago, SadBrazzersbot said:

I completely forgot to comment on this earlier cos i suck!

However i wanted to know if you had an idea in mind for direction here, since i noticed you had two characters there so i assume both will be in there. I wanted to ask because i wondered if you might have need for a villain of sorts, or if you'd prefer everyone was a fellow regular survivor alongside yours?

Hello, it was late so I decided to respond to you today. Actually, an Idea I had, was that the character, perhaps Arkwright or one of those who should join in this story, will possibly have no recollection of even their own actions. However, if there is a villain, and he/she does know about what they did, they would have been responsible for the destruction of the city. If there's a different take we go about though, suppose it was a war, an antagonist now would come into play. It really just depends on our collaborative ideas!---I'll add this to my main post, all the questions people have asked has helped me to fill in any missing thoughts/questions.

Edited by EtherealWings

4 hours ago, EtherealWings said:

Hello, it was late so I decided to respond to you today. Actually, an Idea I had, was that the character, perhaps Arkwright or one of those who should join in this story, will possibly have no recollection of even their own actions. However, if there is a villain, and he/she does know about what they did, they would have been responsible for the destruction of the city. If there's a different take we go about though, suppose it was a war, an antagonist now would come into play. It really just depends on our collaborative ideas!---I'll add this to my main post, all the questions people have asked has helped me to fill in any missing thoughts/questions.

Of course! It's all up to you since it's your idea, but i just wanted to know if you had an idea already for that. Since i always wondered what it'd be like to play the antagonist to a story like this. Always seemed like a fun idea. Plus in an apocalyptic/survival setting a villain likely isn't the regular chaotic evil either. 

5 minutes ago, SadBrazzersbot said:

Of course! It's all up to you since it's your idea, but i just wanted to know if you had an idea already for that. Since i always wondered what it'd be like to play the antagonist to a story like this. Always seemed like a fun idea. Plus in an apocalyptic/survival setting a villain likely isn't the regular chaotic evil either. 

I've written as an antagonist a few times. I always try to make there be more to them than just simply a craving for power. More to their motive, if you know what I mean.