Zashiii

[RELIC] SAGITTARIUS, KNOCK ME UP WITH AN ARROW

Brief: An overjoyed criminal asks, and if necessary begs, you to outwit the otherworldly occultist.
Item: Sagittarius Necklace
    A silver necklace with a medallion in the shape of longbow with an arrow nocked. This enchanted necklace will steady the user's aim, giving all bows and crossbows a boost to their damage. The user has the aim of an archer. 

Class: B
Pages: 2+

@Aleksei

Edited by Zashiii

THE MISTRESS BLACK HEAD

Once again I am back in Renovation but this time for a different purpose. This was a couple of days after that scandalous debacle with the cult of the Nameless Wet One. It was a wild and rather distressing fight but in the end, I and my companions managed to prevail. Thanks to that I am now the proud owner of the Aquarius Necklace. Technically proud owner since I share the trinket with all my companions in the Black Spear Cartel, oddly enough. Still, one relic is not enough for a proud woman like me.

The hunger for power was what brought me to Renovatio for a second time. I had heard stories of a new relic, the Sagittarius Necklace. I had sent some whispers of my own and Lady Fate has finally lead me to this random criminal wannabe who had the good fortune to have heard where the latest owner of the said relic. All I need to do now is to hear what this criminal proposes.

Edited by Thotification

MIDIAN "MIDDY" OCHRE - THE MISTRESS BLACK HEAD

So I had a talk with the criminal. It was only recently that I found out that the criminal was a he. Now that is quite a coincidence. It seems every enemy or random person I would get acquainted with is of the opposite gender, oddly enough. I guess I'm one to talk about gender when even I can no longer ascertain my own. Such a waste.

We had a good talk by the way. The criminal and I. He was overjoyed, or for a lack of better term, in a euphoric mood. I'm not sure if I find that quite attractive in a man, but he was rather intent with his wishes and I was weak to my fellow law-breakers. 

Well, here's the gist of his request. He was lucky enough to swindle the necklace from an otherworldly occultist. The problem here now is that the necklace relic is kind of cursed and he can no longer keep it. When he had heard of my request regarding the necklace, he was so overjoyed. Now he's trading the necklace for some good cash and requests that I outwit the otherworldy occultist into transferring the curse to someone else. 

I do find this request odd by the way.

So I had a discussion with my agents. We all reached the same conclusion. We know nothing about the otherworldly cultist. What should we do now?

Well, this isn't the first time that we were dealt with a poor hand. As most of our missions go, we just make the best of what we have. That said, I decided to do what our cartel does best, gathering information. This means that I'll send everyone on their own in search of that nuisance of an otherworldly cultist. We did not even know his name.

I'm not really bothered though. We do know what he looked like as the criminal has been keen on fully describing the man's appearance. Now, add that to him being an otherworldly occultist. Also, add the part where he was the recent owner of the Sagittarius necklace which I am holding right now. This relic is quite the prize as I expected. I would have run off with this but the curse is still there and I'd rather fix this problem first before fully enjoying this relic.

There's another step to my plan by the way. I figured I could send some little birds to the streets. Perhaps let them spread rumors about the relic necklace. If the occultist is dumb he would totally take the bait. I just hope he isn't.

I do have a lot of time left on my hands by the way so I return to the tavern. As expected the criminal was already long gone or perhaps in hiding but I no longer have any need for him. I guess I still need his body for confirmation. This curse is a rather tricky one.

Sitting on an empty table, I hailed the nearby server and gave them my order. A stick of cigar and tea. I would have gone for something harder but I was never a heavy drinker. Well, not as heavy as Khaki. My order came by after a few minutes and I mumbled my thanks to the serving girl.

She looked rather cute, by the way. Perhaps when this task is over.

THE MISTRESS BLACK HEAD

The first to approach me was Khaki, just as expected. My second-in-command has always a bit more intuitive than others.  I can no longer recall the last time she was late or disobeyed my orders. However, I am still anticipating the first time. I can only hope it isn't anytime soon.

I cannot remember the last time we ever had a real conversation. I can only wonder what this little girl wants from me this time. Is it money? Booze? Or perhaps more fur coats and plushie toys? Whatever it is, I am more than ready to say no. I'm a dick after all, but I sadly lack the more physical one.

"So what brings you here, Khakina?

KHAKINA "KHAKI" KHATUN

The little girl pulled her hood down tighter. She preferred not to be noticed even when she's just another random stranger in a place that is both unfamiliar to her and the land unfamiliar with her. She was the woman who was once known as the "The Pretty Paragon."Although, she was more commonly known as Khakina Khatun.

She had come to this very tavern as requested by a certain someone. That certain someone seemed to be sitting alone on a lonely table.

Is that the Mistress Black Head? Wonder what she wants now?

She approached then. taking extra care not to bump into any stray tables or random patrons. Even now, she was still the ditzy and clumsy little girl that was prone to accidents. She stood before the woman then, her lips curling into a frown.

"You called, Mistress?"

THE MISTRESS BLACK HEAD

I looked back at my old companion. Khakina has grown a lot ever since I succeeded the cartel. She's stronger now and perhaps even better than me in terms of combat prowess. The only edge I have now is my position as the Black Head of the Black Spear cartel. As the boss, I have complete control over my subordinates and even draw power and energy from them. I could take away their will on my convenience and none of them could ever stand up to me. I know I sound like a jerk but trust me, it is for the best.

I took a sip from my cup before answering. "How was your work? Did you find anything?"

KHAKINA KHATUN

"How was your work? Did you find anything?"

Khakina pursed her lips. She was sent out earlier to search for anything that might help them find the otherworldly occultist. She had visited the other nearby taverns in search of their target but her heart was weak. Just one sniff of the booze in the first tavern and she had already indulged herself in worldly pleasures. 

Oh crap Oh crap. I hope the Mistress won't be angry. I did spend all my coin on drinks though. Every tavern has a different taste.

She was fidgeting now in embarrassment, her flustered face avoiding eye contact. 

I just need to keep her occupied.

"Um...I'm still looking. I did hear that someone saw the cultist negotiating with the criminal a while back but that's all I have for now."

"Um...I'm still looking. I did hear that someone saw the cultist negotiating with the criminal a while back but that's all I have for now."

I could not help but sigh. Judging by her actions, she must have gotten herself in a drinking spree again. Sometimes I wonder if I was too lenient regarding my subordinates. Not that I doubt their capabilities but sometimes, I just have to wonder. 

"I'm glad to hear that Khaki. I hope you aren't slacking off on your duties," I chided at her.

Seeing her nod while being embarrassed only made me chuckle. She's so easy to read. It didn't help that I could smell the heavy stench of alcohol wafting form her figure.

Goddamnit Khaki! You should wash frequently. By the gods, you stink!

Of course, I did not voice my thoughts out loud but I did give her the stink-eye to show I'm disappointed with her recent actions.

I'm onto you Khaki! Beware!

"Well, off you go!"

KHAKINA "KHAKI" KHATUN

"Well, off you go!"

It was nerve-wracking but Khakina was finally let off without a warning. She was half-expecting to see an enraged Mistress Black Head beating her to a pulp but somehow that scene never came. Khaki was even thankful that it never became a reality. God knows, how is she ever going to defend herself against the Mistress Black Head's assault.

Almost got myself killed there. The Mistress is scary when angry.

She left the tavern then, hoping never to return again. Outside, she staggered away before her knees buckled then her legs gave away. Her body slumped to the gorund then, still shivering from intense fear.

I should get back to work. I do not want the Mistress checking up on my every move.

I watched my second -n-command leave, my eyes trailing her retreating figure. Such a pure little thing. If only she wasn't corrupted by the poisons of alcoholics spirits, she would have been a very capable soldier.

But I am not training soldiers here. These are my agents. Someday they will be the best in their field. Might take a while though.

I took a long sip of tea from my cup. WIth Khakina gone, boredom sets in once again. At times like this, I find it best to contemplate. 

What should I do next?

What other actions are suitable for this scenario?

Should I act now or wait for my trusted subordinates to deliver news regarding the occultist?

Such questions ran through my head and many more. As I said I was a very meticulous woman and I will not miss a single detail. 

SERRAIDA 'SERA" MAVAJO  

Sera was not the least bit concerned regarding the Mistress Black Head's orders. Unlike Khaki she had done her work quite well, with no setbacks, at all. 

I'm rocking this info digging shtick. Oh man, I will be the best fucking agent soon. Khaki's gonna blow herself lots once I overtake her.

Grinning stupidly, Sera entered the tavern. She was excited to report to the Mistress, mostly because she had done a good job but she was also a bit terrified since she hadn't gotten anything useful.

I should just get this over with. Nothing will happen if I don't take the fucking initiative.

She sauntered towards the Mistress Black Head's table then, her face had lost all of its earlier humor.

"Mistress Black Head, I came to report."

THE MISTRESS BLACK HEAD 

I looked up to find Sera before me, her scarred face staring at me rather intently. I haven't said anything yet, but her ugly mug and the way it contorts seems a bit defensive. For me at least. 

Setting the cup of tea down on the table, I crossed my arms against my chest before returning Sera's gaze. She was never meant to inherit the cartel. Sera was too impulsive and perhaps too stupid to ever lead any group. Of course, there was the issue of nepotism where only those related to the current Black Head can succeed her predecessor. However, I see that as a moot point. I don't want any of that nepotism nonsense in my own group.

Frowning, I finally regarded Sera. "Well, hello there, Sera. Hope you found something interesting. I would not want to be disappointed again. Like last time."

SERRAIDA "SERA" MAVAJO

The heavily scarred woman grimaced. The Mistress Black Head's words must have some significant effect on her, now that she's almost too stunned to speak.

Hope I found something interesting? Fucking shit no! Goddamnit.

Now she's doomed. She can feel it now, death coming at her from all sides. Even her vision is starting to blur then darken as her fear and distress seemed to severely affect her senses. She was rattling now, trembling in fear.

I don't want to disappoint her but I just realized that I do have nothing to report. Fucking hell!

There was no point in mentally cursing. She could curse all she wants but her situation will never turn for the better. The truth will be found out sooner or later.

"Uh..I did alright Mistress. I-uh..I was making friends with the prisoners at the local jail."