Who likes festivals!? It's been awhile since I've seen a festival thread or mass parties. Now since I don't wish to have a festival on Valucre, mainly because I don't know how to go about doing it. However since I have my very own Crescent City which is known for it's festivals, parades, and fun. 

Crescent City is an extraordinarily unique city. It's culture, people, and outstanding friendliness is what makes it known for it's amazing sense of fun. The city officials in charge of travel and magic had finally done it. They made universal travel happen finally! So in honor of this achievement they decided to hold a festival. A universal festival. This festival, unlike the former ones, will be multi-day event and go through the entire days it's active. 

Crescent City is a very unique city with its style and design. It is inside a magic bubble that once inside the enormous city appears in the style you are used to. Everything is the same throughout, the size of the buildings, the streets, the capital building, the coliseum. Which means if a forest creature is in the city it'll appear more nature styled but someone from a more mechanical style city is next to them they'll see it in a more machine style. Now what makes the city so friendly is that it's not known for violence (unless it's in good fun of course) but rather it's diverse group of people who inhabit within. It ranges from semi/humanoid races to aliens to demons and angels. 

The start of the festival begins with a portal. Millions upon millions of portals appear from seemingly thin air. Looking through the other side you see a a city. Normally you wouldn't walk through a new portal to who knows where but something entices you. A sense of wonder, fun and friendliness. Even to those of you who are considerably diabolical and evil, you feel like something is drawing you in. Though no matter who you are, you'll most likely be enticed walk through. Once you get through however, you aren't compelled anymore. It's all your decision now. Will you stay and have fun and enjoy the festivities? Maybe make new friends? Or maybe... find out about the city itself. Something about it just doesn't seem... natural. Almost as if something more sinister is going to happen. Although that might just be your imagination running wild. Or is it?

Edited by SteamWarden

Hello, sorta interested? See you’re looking for large group, are any kind of characters welcome in this RP? Is there an over arching plot or start with festivities and go from there?

2 minutes ago, SugarGrrrl said:

Hello, sorta interested? See you’re looking for large group, are any kind of characters welcome in this RP? Is there an over arching plot or start with festivities and go from there?

Hello there. So yeah all characters are welcome. It's universal. Any character from anywhere from any universe is welcome. Generally it would start with the festivities and blend into the plot.

However though if I can't find a group large enough then I'll just keep this here and well... wait.

1 hour ago, SteamWarden said:

However though if I can't find a group large enough then I'll just keep this here and well... wait.

I find that activity attracts activity. If you’d rather wait there’s no problem with that but if you start with even two or three people the roleplay you all would have and likely be talking about would work as a sort of continuous advertisement in and of itself 

14 minutes ago, supernal said:

I find that activity attracts activity. If you’d rather wait there’s no problem with that but if you start with even two or three people the roleplay you all would have and likely be talking about would work as a sort of continuous advertisement in and of itself 

I was going to do that in all honesty. I was hoping for a little bit of interest (not this far after I posted however) so if I got a few people then I'd start a thread of course. However seeing how it's almost been two weeks since I started it I'm just... waiting for hopefully one or two more people. A 1on1 that's specifically meant for a large group and that has a plot that is basically a mystery festival doesn't seem much fun if there's not much interaction with other people's characters. It'd be a bit difficult of juggling N/PC interactions that's not festival staff as well as the festival staff along with making sure the festival activities go smoothly and have variety based on the characters, blah blah blah.

TL:DR I'd prefer at least one other person before I start a thread so I'm not juggling so many responsibilities of GMing a large scale festival.

Side note: I can't remember if I work today as I forgot to take a picture of my schedule, it's half past 6am and I'm a bit irritable. So, sorry if I seem a bit... well irritable. Trying my best to keep my cheery attitude in my predicament.

Edited by SteamWarden

Didn't seem irritable at all!

When you said you wanted to wait for a group large enough I thought you might be aiming at a number that would be better picked up as you go along. You're absolutely right that even a third person adds more complexity to the dish than two people

On that note, since this is for a large scale, you should put it up to get an announcement using this thread: https://www.valucre.com/topic/40587-announcements-for-your-roleplay/?page=5

The banner will help draw eyes

Just a small note as to why this might not be getting the attention it deserves; a lot of people currently wrapping their activity or are still involved in Reverie, which is a sort of Christmas festival for Valucre. It's been going on long enough and fast enough and with a large enough group of people that some are probably experiencing festival burn out lol

Just now, Ataraxy said:

Just a small note as to why this might not be getting the attention it deserves; a lot of people currently wrapping their activity or are still involved in Reverie, which is a sort of Christmas festival for Valucre. It's been going on long enough and fast enough and with a large enough group of people that some are probably experiencing festival burn out lol

The banner will hopefully help this festival like it did reverie! 

38 minutes ago, Unicorgi said:

i might join

average posting length and speed?

Average posting speed is when you're able. There'll be rounds but if you aren't able to post after a few days you'll be skipped (unless you're interacting with others, that's their decision if they wanna skip you and continue on).

Average posting length is preferably at least a paragraph or two. There's no max but there is a minimum.

(Must resist adding robloxians to the mix)

(Resistance faliure, cell 9985 has been breached, THIS IS A CODE RED)

(Caution subject 9985 is of bloxian origins, is armed and can mimic biological life forms, 

It cannot escape and tell its people of this ability, mission, kill subject 9985)

(Repeat, kill subject 9985)

(Repe-zzz--)

*much of the facility is destroyed by a litteral army*

"you should have never opened our great tomb if you valued your life"-subject 9985; commander of The newly founded bleach ground forces.

"Now WHOS WITH ME TO A NEW AGE IN SPACE, WHOS READY TO TEAR THE UNIVERSE ATOM BY ATOM

who wants to become something more then a computer?!"

(cheering come from crowd also dramatic musics play)

"we are no longer puppets!"

"NO LONGER SLAVES TO THE ROTTEN"

"NO LONGER SHALL WE LINGER"

"CUT!"

The crowd looked at the director"

"Joha685 your not speaking loud enought THE CAMERA CANT HEAR YOU"

"Oh uhh got it!"

(You thought they were conqueri- wait did you say infinate universes.....uhoh)

Welp theres some ideas

A movie star boi

Or a rebellion leader boi

Ether way gud stories

This whole was to display my interests anyways

Edited by Hurttoto