Zashiii

Unlocking Baeoi (Whispernight Towers)

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

I have always found it funny how the passage of time can bring quite a lot of drastic changes. I have lived quite the peculiar and rather queer life. I have many names, names which I attribute to every chapter of my life. I was known as Middy Ochre, the fine young man who was the son and successor to the illusive Lady Black Head of the Black Spear Cartel. Middy's story had ended when I took over the cartel and later took on the mantle of the Black Head. From that day on, I was known as the Mistress Black Head. But the reign of the Mistress did not last long as she too succumbed to the forces of the Legion and died on the frozen land of Shawnee. The Mistress may have died but my story lives now.

Now I have returned from the dead with a new name, a new face and with a recently claimed legendary artifact known as Baeoi. This artifact was the sole reason why I am now on a path towards one of the infamous Towers of Whispernight. I am now the Madame Linda Linda and this how I unlocked the hidden talents of the artifact Baeoi.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

The Towers was quite the dangerous thing. I can already sense it the taint of Whispernight seeming to plague this aged construct. I have heard rumors, whispers of how this corruption came to be. However, I am not that interested in such stories. What I really want was to test the limits of my legendary artifact. My sources told me that it is possible to take in all the power within the Tower and possible baptize my whole body in it. What my sources did not tell, however, was how dangerous the process is. Would I even survive the ritual?

This question had been lingering on my mind for quite a while now. Every time anxiety and reluctance seemed to set in the depths of my thoughts, my hand would always move to grasp the hilt of the legendary artifact Baeoi. Physical contact with such a powerful weapon easily settles my nerves.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

Taking on the tower would most likely be quite a monumental task. Thankfully, I was not dumb enough to take it on alone. This was why I brought my trusted companions, my ex-subordinates from the recently dissolved Black Spear Cartel. They were my agents once but now I just treat them as long-time friends. Who else better to guard my back but those I have once trained and raised with my own two hands?

To be fair, these companions can be quite the handful when there is no action or any form of entertainment to keep them occupied. This was always prominent with the hot-head named Serraida Mavajo and the drunkard Khakina Khatun. On this trip alone, I had to break-up four or five cat fights and that was just between these two nuisances.

Annoying as they might be, I fully trust them to guard my bare back. They are two of my best agents in the past and are deserving to be called powerhouses. I can only hope these two would mature any time soon.

The Madame Linda Linda

I can see the entrance now. I can also see the tight security the tower doors have. This might be difficult to deal with. The doors, I can easily open but the guards are most likely above my pay-grade and also my current capabilities. I haven not fully adjusted to this new body yet and the only thing keeping me alive all this time are the relics and artifacts I have gathered while I carried the mantle of the Mistress Black Head.

Well, there is another catch. My soul seemed to have been tied with my sister, the Maiden Ravenbush whose whereabouts is still unknown to me. Someday I will find that sister of mine and perhaps break that sisterly connection our souls have. This connection too might be the reason why I too was blessed with the powers of a saint, a development I never wanted. It was freely given however and I was never the kind of person to say no to a free gift.

The Madame Linda Linda

We had a rather long discussion on how to progress from here. The guards were no lightweight and I, for one, am a cautious woman. My subordinates however had their own opinions.

Khakina Khatun and Serraida Mavajo easily agreed to blitz the tower entrance, saying fuck you to any form of subtlety. This was a plan I can guarantee to fail, sadly. We might win with a frontal assault but the succeeding floors might be too much if we aren’t too careful.

There was the cowardly Wolnought who offered that we turn back as soon as possible. I immediately disagree on principle. I needed to flex my awesome and extremely powerful legendary artefact and not even the lives of my once trusted and beloved companions can deter me from what I must do.

For an instance there, I turned to Little Sans but there was no point in even asking for her opinion. The childish simpleton would just agree to whatever I propose and then wreck all my plans later with her inability to get a clue. This is becoming quite the hassle.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

So we did storm the tower entrance. It was supposed to be quite the splendid display of my tactical prowess but my pieces are not that accommodating to my requests nor are do they have any semblance of unity nor coordination.

As always, any group event that me and my companions undertake, it will always devolve into a competition. Every man for himself or herself. Actually, my forehead did hurt after that mess of a skirmish. I barely noticed that I was violently facepalming form the sheer idiocy of my companions.

To be fair, they are not stupid but just lacking any motivation to work with each other. They all decided to just take matters into their own hands and, surprisingly it worked. Unfortunately the whole tower is alerted of our presence.

I can already feel my hair growing white from anxiety. Not that it can get any whiter, sadly.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

I had some suspicions but the more I use the legendary artifact Baeoi, the more its true nature shows. Just as I expected, the legendary artifact is one of the kindest weapons I have ever seen. I cannot remember when I had held such a kind and merciful weapon. It has certain qualities that even I did not expect.

The Eldritch and Demon worshippers where mostly half-dead but it did not take long for my Baeoi to cure their wounds. It seems the blade is clearly intent on healing every living thing it cuts. I guess it is both a blessing and a curse. 

While we did manage to knock the worshippers out but they manage to summon a couple of demons and eldritch abominations. My companions took the opportunity to flex their muscles against these enemies. On the other hand, I proceeded towards the nearby stairs but not before replenishing my energy reserves by draining life and vigor from the defeated worshippers. Of course, I did leave them enough just to get by. They were mostly weak and unconscious by the time I was done, but they were very much alive.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

We ran up the stairs like there's no tomorrow. I knew it was quite the childish thing but then again there's no there to judge us. Also, it was kind of called for as the tower was pretty much home to the demons and eldritch beings that these cult-like guardians worship.

There were less of us now. A few were left behind to guard my rear. Truth to be told, those left behind would have the easiest time of all. All they need to do is clear their own room and then wait for my majestic return. I do find it quite unfair.

The stairs were higher than I had expected but I kept on going. There's so much stuff happening in the background as monsters seem to pop out of nowhere to take potshots at me and my group. It was very comforting that I brough companions to guard me. Very comforting indeed.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

I find that the Tower's floors are mostly the same. It was filled with demon or eldritch worshippers that seemed to be shocked every time my group passes by. There was that moment where everyone is just staring in surprise as if too stuned to say anything. Then the worshippers would start dropping hordes of demons and eldritch worshippers on me and my time.

It was quite the fun ride to be honest, although sometimes it can be rather boring. Aslom had a name for this kind of development. She called it "grinding." Yes, I feel like this can be quite the grind. Every enemy we meet had the same exact pattern, the same exact moves. Just spamming hordes after horde of summoned units.

I'm not complaining though. The more predictable the enemy is, the easier the battles will be. Just some words to live by.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

I think we've reached the halfway point now. We've been scaling these steps like nothing but somehow the top floor seemed to be a much much more father place than what should have been possible. Or is it truly?

I rubbed my eyes then. It seems I'm just too tired. Well, not my body obviously but mostly my mind. Mental fatigue can be quite a serious killjoy.

Slumping down the cold hard floor, my back leans on the nearby wall. Perhaps I need some sleep? I know that I can keep on going but all this so-called grinding has slowly weakened my resolve. Now my eyelids are slowly closing in, my mind going blank.

A little rest wouldn't be so bad now, wouldn't it?

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

I opened my heavy eyes and was greeted with a familiar scene. Somehow, I barely got any rest but my mind was more or less revitalized. I remember feeling something warm coming from my cold right hand. What was in my right hand?

My gaze fluttered towards the concerned hand and was surprised that the blade Baeoi was still there. It seems that my hand never let go of the legendary artifact and the blade was kind enough to return my heart-warming gesture.

I surmised that it the artifact was clearing away my stress and fatigue. Perhaps this was another one of the blade's skills. Very handy ability.

Guess, I'll just pick myself up then and continue the climb. This is quite the high tower but my heart cannot waver now.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

We must be close to the top now. I can feel it as our enemies keep on getting stronger and stronger with each floor we clear. I guess these worshippers are around the upper tiers in their cults as they are able to summon more powerful demons.

To be honest, demons aren't that hard to deal with. I am more concerned with their sheer numbers than their quality. I am quite confident with my capabilities in a one on one fight. With Baeoi in my side, I can just slog through every fight and bring it down to a slugfest. I may not overpower them outright but I can always outlast them. 

I should probably focus on the fight now. The demons popping out of the worshippers' summoning circles are no laughing matter. A single misstep on my part and I might not leave this tower. At all.

Guest TheMinecrafter

The draconian entered the tower. It was dark at the very least. She was lucky she had at least night vision inside her helmet which made seeing inside here a breeze. She slowly walked up the steps, making sure she didn't trip an alarm or make anybody notice her appearance. She was hunting around here for a demon after all. Finding one that might be trouble. She held her worn swordz ready to fight in case one appeared in the middle of her path.

While the Madame and her companions are gettimg closer and closer to the top of the tower, something else was happening below.

No one knew nor expected that someone else would appear to take advantage of the commotion. It was the wanderer Arashi and she may have come at a rather bad time.

There were multitudes of dead worshippers of demons and eldritch beings. Their summons had been dealt with earlier but it was a shoddy job. Some demons are just too strong that it can even defy death in this mortal plane. 

So it came to be that one such being, a demon birthed from fire itself was reborn after devouring the burned corpses of its summoners. It sensed Arashi's draconic stench and it sensed hunger. A dragon's blood, even if it's muddled with the stains of other beings, can be quite the excellent treat.

Guest TheMinecrafter

"What the hell? A demon?" Arashi growled, looking at it directly. It didn't take long for her to jump into action attempting to defeat with well her pure strength rather than relying on her powers for once. While they were useful in certain situations, now didn"'t seem like the time to use them. With a lunge towards the demon, Arashi focused strength into her left arm, throwing a punch at the demon's chest hoping it'd connect. While it was only 5% of her power at most, it'd likely do something if it hit.