Ataraxy

Lilith Brings War to Nu Martyr

Before I forget, let me link the important links (lemme know if you have any important links to throw up, will not put up character sheets):

Nu Martyr Goes to War Interest Check (has background information I'm not going to retype, but that should be kept in mind)

Nu Martyr Lore Article

Cult of Power Lore Article

IC Thread (when it goes up)

Okaaaaaaaay, hey guys! Yeah, I know I said I'd have this up by Friday/ Saturday but, as the saying goes, "man plans; god laughs." Not much I can do when I get hit in the face by a head cold lol Anyways, here's the OOC and I'll have the IC thread up as soon as a I can, though that will probably be early tomorrow afternoon. 

So here's a quick drawing of the Nu Martyr Province that I put together. It's a very quick map and I didn't bother setting the lines/ colors perfectly. 

ufBiOL6.png?1

Note that blue is water, sand is land, and the void space connected to the land is where other provinces are, so we can just ignore those parts. For this thread they're irrelevant unless you want to somehow mix in other provinces. Which you can, but at a tangent. 

Looking at the map you'll see that, along with the two red dots, there are 18 smaller purple dots. Each of those purple dots represent a smaller city, village, or town that characters can attack or defend in basically any form they want to. You can consider these to be "ready made" cities in the sense that you have the right to make them what you want. If you like, you can choose to canonize a city with Aleksei if it grows on you, but that's not really the point of them lmfao

Here are the 18 cities you can choose from, the numbers here corresponding to the numbers on the map. Nu Rosinder and Mu Martyr (the city), are playable but not for destruction. That would have to be on the outskirts of it. Note that I do NOT expect all of them to be used. I honestly would be extremely surprised if more than 5 end up used, but you're free to destroy any of the ones that you want. Or save them. Or whatever. 

1. Draven
  2. Skaiway
  3. Primaria
  4. Apolypse
  5. Yascrow
  6. Shrreb
  7. Collorea
  8. Parrish
  9. Landonia
  10. Hungary
  11. Fannow
  12. SkyHaven
  13. Ralrome
  14. Algany
  15. Taronta
  16. Nu Delo
  17. Keto
  18. Tabtany

Let me know if you destroy a city or something so I can mark your name down beside it with a small description like "destroyed" or whatever. 

For the record, Lilith will be arriving in Keto (17) and making her way toward Nu Martyr. So arrange yourself with that in mind as she will be heading toward the Nu Martyr dot. 

Oh, also any two parties that want to fight need to come up with a system and let me know so I can record it here. That way we can avoid the *ahem* misunderstandings that sometimes occur in big threads when people engage in T1. 

Feel free to ask any and all questions here. 

Defenders of Nu Martyr

1. @Alexei
  2. @Djinn&Juice
  3. @Fierach
  4. @Hurttoto
  5. @notmuch_23
  6. @Tenkai Matsumoto
  7. @Twitterpated
  8. @-Lilium-
  9. @Chappu
  10. @Sir Nathaniel
  11. @Tyler

Attackers of Nu Martyr

1. Me
  2. @Thotification
  3. @Die Shize
  4. @Metty
  5. @Archeos
  6. @danzilla3
  7. @Tyler

What system would be good for the asymmetrical warfare Thurgood and Aveline will engage in? How does one resolve a shot made from between half and a full mile away?

What about chokepoints, intel gathering, and IED attacks?

If we’re defenders and we start in a city by ourselves, does that mean it’s not under attack until someone invades it? Or would we just have to roleplay Lilith’s forces attacking the city apart from the main force led by you?

If I have to wait then I could probably just do transitionary stuff and then pop in once Lilith gets closer to Nu Martyr, I guess.

I'll have Shane still with Lilith's personal entourage, at least at the start, until she gives him orders otherwise. 

As for Nikki, I'll defer to wherever Djinn&Juice deploys Marigold.

Just now, Tyler said:

It's floating on water, that is floating on air, that is floating above water, that is floating in space.

Thats floating on space time

I believe that Renovatio is a floating island, but it's floating above water. So it is surrounded by water, just at a different elevation than my quick sketch map might suggest. 

9 hours ago, Tenkai Matsumoto said:

If we’re defenders and we start in a city by ourselves, does that mean it’s not under attack until someone invades it? Or would we just have to roleplay Lilith’s forces attacking the city apart from the main force led by you?

If I have to wait then I could probably just do transitionary stuff and then pop in once Lilith gets closer to Nu Martyr, I guess.

It's up to you. If you'd like to choose a city that Lilith herself isn't at, it can be under seige by great hordes of her Undead. We can 100% do that. You can also see if any of the attackers will want to engage you in that city. 

@Ataraxy

I think the idea I had was to have some dramatic entrance to help turn the tide against an attack. So would I just need to wait for one of the attackers to go first?

I mean, then again, with how the defenders outnumber the attackers, it’s unlikely anyone would be unattended to. I guess I could do the whole thing to an NPC army of undead but it’s really hard to work off of things when you need to use someone else’s lore you don’t know about and basically RP with yourself. .w.;;;

I guess I’ll start by reading what’s here and seeing if anything clicks.