Ataraxy

Lilith Brings War to Nu Martyr

1 minute ago, notmuch_23 said:

I'm kind of wondering how Thurgoid and/or Aveline will learn of this from Ursa Madeum or Taen...

Since this conflict involves Port Sun, Titus will have worked to get ahead of it by sending a request for aid to Order of Force Majeure and alerting houses with dealings in Port Sun, such as House Singlance. So them know about it wouldn't be out of this world.

ALSO from now on I will be referring to the city of Nu Martyr as Nu Martyr City. Similar to how New York has New York City, Nu Martyr has Nu Martyr (City). 

(Turns on Sincerity Mode) Oh happy day! James Eredas, I’m a great fan of his exploits. I may just be tempted to make this event a crossover event in addition to a Ragnarok level war! 

(Turns off Sincerity Mode) 

1 hour ago, Aleksei said:

You could have just said your last statement; my statement was a mistake (the miles; I don't spell check with my phone 😐 I am that person) but also a conversation that had been discussed EOOOONNNNNNNSSS ago between I and Dre! I understand with that wishy-washy kind of situation, things get a little (hella!) fuddled in the end due to the exchange between a thousand hands. So, if you two had already decided EMPHATICALLY on a distance, then I need to know for reals.

If I had just said that I might have given the impression that what Dre and I decided supersedes whatever you may want to do with it currently - when for me it’s the exact opposite, on top of having not been directly involved in the convos between you and Dre as the transition happened (when he was even around for active convo) and what he may have (erroneously) told you because he misunderstood himself 

That’s all! Just wanted to give context instead of coming in all terse 

15 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

I'm kind of wondering how Thurgoid and/or Aveline will learn of this from Ursa Madeum or Taen...

Maybe through some kind of Daily Weekly / roleplay newspaper type mechanism?

Not sure how public the event is 

2 minutes ago, supernal said:

Maybe through some kind of Daily Weekly / roleplay newspaper type mechanism?

Not sure how public the event is 

Very public. It was spread throughout every continent, mainly Renovatio (TM), that Lilith had a bone to pick with Nu Martyr's PRIME, using Lilith's global network of Paragons. 

Edited by Ataraxy

11 hours ago, supernal said:

If I had just said that I might have given the impression that what Dre and I decided supersedes whatever you may want to do with it currently - when for me it’s the exact opposite, on top of having not been directly involved in the convos between you and Dre as the transition happened (when he was even around for active convo) and what he may have (erroneously) told you because he misunderstood himself 

That’s all! Just wanted to give context instead of coming in all terse 

Never ever ever ever feel that way at all due to the fact I know you and Dre had conversations here, then Dre and I had conversations here, Discord, and text and Instagram >D Due to certain circumstances, I would rather rely on what you know between him and yourself since I would treat that more as "in stone" conversation, than I would our conversations. The height is important, and again, if you two had decided on something I need to know because it's not a subject that is close to my heart that it can't be changed.

If you two had decided on that distance you mentioned before, then that's the distance. I honestly do not mind/care enough to change it, since it would be unnecessary. 

Edited by Aleksei

3 hours ago, Aleksei said:

Never ever ever ever feel that way at all due to the fact I know you and Dre had conversations here, then Dre and I had conversations here, Discord, and text and Instagram >D Due to certain circumstances, I would rather rely on what you know between him and yourself since I would treat that more as "in stone" conversation, than I would our conversations. The height is important, and again, if you two had decided on something I need to know because it's not a subject that is close to my heart that it can't be changed.

If you two had decided on that distance you mentioned before, then that's the distance. I honestly do not mind/care enough to change it, since it would be unnecessary. 

Nah nah. Whatever you and I discuss takes precedence. It’s the very fact that there were so many conversations with different parties on different mediums that I’m not trying to put anything in stone because I don’t know who said what, when. So I’d rather it just be whatever me and the person who is active now (you) decide 

So it can be whatever as long as it’s basically still inside of the planet’s atmosphere and can count as actually being part of the planet instead of out in space. 4K miles is too far. 4K meters (2.5 miles)  isn’t but may not be as high as you want and double or even triple that would still work. But if it works at 4K meters that’s just dandy candy too  

Edited by supernal

@Sir Nathaniel er my guy, which city are you in? Cause your first post had you on the outskirts of Nu Martyr City but the second has your dudes clearing undead in streets, but Nu Martyr isn't under attack just yet so I'm not sure what's going on lol

Also, if everyone could put what city they're in and whether you're attacker/ defender at the top of your post from now on, that would be awesome. Makes it easier for people to track who's in what city lol

I wasn’t aware. I have a busy schedule until Friday, but I’ll try and edit my post to better fit. 

The Watchers will be fighting together throughout this crisis, but if anyone wants to face any individual one of them, please let me know.

@notmuch_23 I looked back to make sure, and Shane and Aveline did briefly cross paths in the Pirate's Cove. I don't expect that to influence Aveline's actions, but I feel it worth mentioning at least.

Also, yeah, unless there's a cult power I'm not aware of, Shane has no way of detecting the two unless he happened to spot them by random chance.

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

@notmuch_23 I looked back to make sure, and Shane and Aveline did briefly cross paths in the Pirate's Cove. I don't expect that to influence Aveline's actions, but I feel it worth mentioning at least.

Also, yeah, unless there's a cult power I'm not aware of, Shane has no way of detecting the two unless he happened to spot them by random chance.

Nah, Aveline doesn't remember Shane, and if she did, would not really care.

So, how do you want to play this out? Obviously Thurgood and Aveline want to kill Shane, along with every other Paragon.

9 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

Nah, Aveline doesn't remember Shane, and if she did, would not really care.

So, how do you want to play this out? Obviously Thurgood and Aveline want to kill Shane, along with every other Paragon.

That I don't know. Shane could probably melt a bullet if he knew it was coming and could concentrate enough power into a blast sent directly at it... But that relies on him knowing they're there, which he does know, and being able to correctly hit the projectile path, which is going to be far more difficult from such a range. He is wearing some armor, but it's probably not strong enough to handle a regular sniper round, much less a .50 (I don't know though, it's just generic Terran trooper armor, and I have no idea how strong that would actually be), plus it's just a chestplate and maybe gauntlets and kneepads, stuff easily shot around.

Basically, the only options I have is either Shane moves out of their line-of-sight for an unrelated reason, or someone else detects them.

12 minutes ago, Tyler said:

That I don't know. Shane could probably melt a bullet if he knew it was coming and could concentrate enough power into a blast sent directly at it... But that relies on him knowing they're there, which he does know, and being able to correctly hit the projectile path, which is going to be far more difficult from such a range. He is wearing some armor, but it's probably not strong enough to handle a regular sniper round, much less a .50 (I don't know though, it's just generic Terran trooper armor, and I have no idea how strong that would actually be), plus it's just a chestplate and maybe gauntlets and kneepads, stuff easily shot around.

Basically, the only options I have is either Shane moves out of their line-of-sight for an unrelated reason, or someone else detects them.

Considering they're in a city full of powerful paragons, I find it highly unlikely that they are there, much less stay there, undiscovered. The moment they entered they probably would've entered at least a dozen radars from psionic paragons. It's fine to assume Lilith just ignored them, but assassins can't exist where shadows can't land.