Ataraxy

Lilith Brings War to Nu Martyr

33 minutes ago, supernal said:

That’s a great question 

My understanding is that the end game is fated but that ataraxy was welcoming unorchestrated resistance - I may have misunderstood or that may have changed with his available free time. But the fact that you’re asking / don’t know makes me curious 

Enlighten is Die!

@Sir Nathaniel

The destruction of individual cities is not predetermined. What's the fun in that lol the mode of combat or how much a specific city takes damage can be determined by whichever players are currently rping in that city. 

However, if there's no defender in a city, an attacker can claim as much destruction as they please, though after their first destroyed city it has to last at least 2 posts so that each city gets the love it deserves lol If there's no attacker in a city, then the defender can claim the same thing ie no damage at all, little damage, the brought a force-field around it, etc etc. 

The only predetermined aspect of this is that Lilith kills PRIME Ardon Dallas in some manner, one that is yet to be decided. Lilith getting the crown is semi-predetermined because it's a relic and no one has chosen to meaningfully interrupt me, though I consider 3 pages in to be a bit later to interrupt so that's more or less set in stone as well unless @Aleksei says otherwise. 

Piggybacking on Ataraxy’s post, he also stated previously that a city like Nu Martyr cannot be destroyed, but can suffer only an extent of damage.

With these other ‘oddball’ settlements being free game, though, my take on Landonia is basically an echo of what Ataraxy claimed above: it will be somehow ‘taken’ by default unless there is PC resistance, and right now there is under Sir Nathaniel.

What victory means for me is not set in stone. Paragon Captain Khaedal wrote to the PRIME of Landonia to surrender, but so far he has not, so Khaedal has just arrived in force. However, it is ‘possible’ that the PRIME can be persuaded to surrender without taking damage to infrastructure or incurring losses. I imagine this outcome would rely on PC influence, so like Sir Nathaniel’s Watchers throwing in their support for a surrender (not sure how likely that is based on his IC rally speech). Could also factor in dice rolls somehow.

Or victory might mean putting the city to the torch and its people to the sword.

I’m making all this up on the fly though. I’ve got some hidden dynamics with this Landonia shindig that will gradually be revealed. Ultimately, though, I’m looking more for storyline collaboration and less army-army T1, so to speak, as that needs its own system. But I’m certainly open to OOC discussion and planning if it avoids confusions, auto’ing, ridiculous’ing etc.

In my honest opine, victory should ultimately be determined by logic and reasoning via IC means; convincing each other of an action’s success. Ataraxy had pointed out not to fret over losing battles here, because there will be other battles in this war, so really for me it boils down to constructed storytelling.

Also might be open to T1 PVP one on one.

EDITED POST

stupid phone

Edited by Die Shize

2 minutes ago, Sir Nathaniel said:

Well, the Watchers are not part of the city defense forces officially, but they do intend to fight to protect it. They absolutely will not surrender. Not happening. 

Yep and yep

I PM’d you just now by the way

For the record, a PRIME is the person who rules over the entire province of Nu Martyr as opposed to being like a city mayor. At least that's what I've understood, so there wouldn't be a PRIME of Landonia lol more like a mayor or something

3 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

For the record, a PRIME is the person who rules over the entire province of Nu Martyr as opposed to being like a city mayor. At least that's what I've understood, so there wouldn't be a PRIME of Landonia lol more like a mayor or something

Oh! I totally misunderstood the lore then lol. I thought a PRIME was over a city, any city, and was just the Reno equivalent of a mayor.

But this new understanding makes sense. I can backtrack to swap words and note this going forward.

gracias

I have completed my editing, and I have my fight scene saved for future use. 

Been wanting to use Nathan’s full power for some time now. Really show just how strong he truly is.

@Aleksei

Hey can you clarify "PRIME" for @Ataraxy, myself and anyone else?

Honestly just want to make sure I get the lore right and in turn my words right in my posts lol

Nu Martyr states:

PRIME (An individual who is the ruler of their city.

Renovatio states:

Magister:
Magisters are Head's of State who represent each Province of 
Renovatio: Avylon, Nu Martyr, Oo'Xora, and La Guardia. They
are given the power to rule over the people inside their
province as they see fit, yet they still answer to their Overlord.

Lamane:
Lamanes rule over their chosen city in each Province and
are watched by the Magister of their respective Province.

Is any of this just out of date?

3 hours ago, Die Shize said:

@Aleksei

Hey can you clarify "PRIME" for @Ataraxy, myself and anyone else?

Honestly just want to make sure I get the lore right and in turn my words right in my posts lol

Nu Martyr states:

PRIME (An individual who is the ruler of their city.

Renovatio states:

Magister:
Magisters are Head's of State who represent each Province of 
Renovatio: Avylon, Nu Martyr, Oo'Xora, and La Guardia. They
are given the power to rule over the people inside their
province as they see fit, yet they still answer to their Overlord.

Lamane:
Lamanes rule over their chosen city in each Province and
are watched by the Magister of their respective Province.

Is any of this just out of date?

Yeup, PRIME was replaced by Lamane. Once our sad PRIME in this thread is killed off, he will be replaced and PRIMES will be obsolete. 

Edited by Aleksei

Guest TheMinecrafter

Don't mind me and Ty. Just destroying the neighbourhood a little

Still waiting for Die. If he don’t show, I’ll have to make a post detailing the Watchers completely obliterating his army. Then I think I’ll blow up his house and shoot his dog. 

(Black comedy)

But seriously, I got a whole lot of ideas in mind for a future post.

Edited by Sir Nathaniel

On 4/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, Sir Nathaniel said:

Still waiting for Die. If he don’t show, I’ll have to make a post detailing the Watchers completely obliterating his army. Then I think I’ll blow up his house and shoot his dog. 

(Black comedy)

But seriously, I got a whole lot of ideas in mind for a future post.

I've definitely been AFV but, on that note, I admittedly shrunk back after seeing that the IC wasn't moving much by anyone else. I know Ataraxy is AFV himself and this is ultimately his shindig, in regards to leading the Cult of Power.

I haven't pulled out just yet though. I aim to post in the Landonia sub-setting. One plus is that, without Ataraxy, probably a good idea that none of us get too carried away with how far we progress. My understanding is that these battles occur mostly simultaneously so I wouldn't want Landonia to win or lose ahead of the game, so to speak.