Tyler

What religion and/or how religious are your characters?

7 hours ago, Pasion Pasiva said:

I seriously flirted with the idea of bringing Catholicism to Orisia. Gabriela is from earth -- Spain. She wasn't raised catholic, she adopted the religion on her own, which is why she isn't particularly open about it. The truth is she doesn't know how to be a catholic. Someday, I would love a plot similar to the early one in Vikings where she gets to have a little monk as a friend and companion to teach her. But good or bad, she believes her existence is by the will of God (a mystery she accepts as just that, a mystery). She tends to scoff at the general idea of "gods" as portrayed on Val (her cousin Raphael the self proclaimed Blood God and Tenebre the God of Darkness from her personal lore) since they tend to lack one key attribute to actual godhood, immortality.

I find this a very interesting character situation, and it would certainly be interesting to see played out. Of course the difficulty is finding a dimensionally displaced priest/monk, or at least just a practicing Catholic in general (hard enough to find in the real world, if you ask me), to fill the role you mentioned.

I guess technically I imagined Erin was Catholic when she lived on Earth. lol But she'd be a terrible example of one. 

Guess we need a trans-dimensional missionary!

7 hours ago, Pasion Pasiva said:

If she had any idea that Roen really was a devil and not just larping as one (which is what she believes), it would drastically change their relationship, not that it matters anymore

Larping as a devil. 🤣 And ya think ya know a guy? lol

Edited by Tyler

Vesper Moontraveler - Other

Like other members of House Dali, she chooses the Uncanny Gods as the receivers of her prayers. Like any other piratical soul, she worships the sea. (And booty.)

Ioreth Rhavon - Cothic Church (kinda)

Ioreth is a skeptic that records the Cothic god's messages. Presently, she's in a position where she believes in part of the doctrine, but would kindly like to ask God to leave her alone.

Draug Rhavon - Agnostic/Multi-religious

Draug has a loose connection to his race's variation of elvish gods, but he is not the sort to worship anyone or anything. 

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

I find this a very interesting character situation, and it would certainly be interesting to see played out. Of course the difficulty is finding a dimensionally displaced priest/monk, or at least just a practicing Catholic in general (hard enough to find in the real world, if you ask me), to fill the role you mentioned.

I guess technically I imagined Erin was Catholic when she lived on Earth. lol But she'd be a terrible example of one. 

Guess we need a trans-dimensional missionary!

Larping as a devil. 🤣 And ya think ya know a guy? lol

If you're ever interested in the plot -- a more exploratory take on role play I would be totally up for it. I think it would be so educational for me, and fun, and challenging. Maybe a little weird with the character, but I wouldn't mind toning down the unnatural stuff and focusing on the character building and religious examination. 

16 minutes ago, Pasion Pasiva said:

If you're ever interested in the plot -- a more exploratory take on role play I would be totally up for it. I think it would be so educational for me, and fun, and challenging. Maybe a little weird with the character, but I wouldn't mind toning down the unnatural stuff and focusing on the character building and religious examination. 

I can't deny this would be interesting, but I'm so bad at writing out religious characters unless they are murderous fanatics. XD  It's part of the reason I have not tried writing out Directivist missionaries yet... I'm just kind of at a loss for how to approach it. I'm not someone who would go and do charity work among the masses. 🤣

But I have to say that I love the idea of Gabriela having a Catholic religious advisor (and/or having Orisia convert to Catholicism).

The paladins of the Order of the White Hand are staunch Gaianists, but they are not typical, in that they kind of deviate from the practices of the church because of bureaucracies and what they consider as inefficiencies in taking action. They approach things in a different way and act autonomously from the church, but they are still devoted to Gaia.

Elisha is of King’s Sitriac Faith, and is completely, fanatically loyal to its god, Rafael, though more than being a follower, Elisha is also (one of?) the elder vampyre’s feeding maiden >.>.

Earth is, or believes herself to be the consciousness of the planet/Terrenus (because she’s based in Terrenus for now), so she considers Gaianism as worshipping her. I guess that makes her a Gaianist, though she identifies more with ancient and purist forms of the religion, and takes an extreme stance against Unnaturals. She believes (knows) that they corrupt the cycle of life by refusing to return their souls to the cycle after death, and the corruption is choking the planet of life. As such, she believes they need to be hunted and eradicated, and that is her reason to manifest as a creature to walk the land instead of remaining the silent observer she has been for millions (billions?) of years. 

I initially wanted to build a new religion with Earth, and go after significant characters such as Alexander, but dropped her story when I took over Yh’mi. It was also because Earth is inherently an antagonist against certain characters, so I expected lots of effort and coordination with players to orchestrate battles. But with the civil war, other rising religions and also me knowing more players on the forum now, perhaps it is a good time to try and bring this character back. She’s interesting, for sure.

4 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Earth is, or believes herself to be the consciousness of the planet/Terrenus (because she’s based in Terrenus for now), so she considers Gaianism as worshipping her.

Gaianists as I’ve writren them don’t actually worship the planet itself, which Gaianists as IRL writes them tend to do, but respect the life on it as a function of Gaia. Otherwise they would be limiting their deity to just this one planet when they see her as the propogator of all life across the entire universe. This is why someone would be able to accept your character earth as the physical embodiment of the planet earth without conflating / confusing her as Gaia proper

(FYI) 

I SUPER WANT MORE EARTH and will continue fanning story flames until your hands leave you with no choice but to start typing her up again. I’ll join the crusades for sure! I’ll “liberate from their unhallowed coils” so many unnaturals 

Edited by supernal

23 hours ago, supernal said:

If you can provide one back dated post of a character actually worshipping you I will give you 3 superlikes over a period of a week 

i?id=6d88ec4dc9b22867421561f1d5f28eb3&n=

Last page, last post, last line

ignore that " Edited just now by Die Shize " part. There was a spelling error that I corrected eheh eehee ahaha uh hugh hugh hugh ha ha ha teehee *cough* looollllllz

Thurgood and Aveline Singlance- Other/It's Complicated

Being from Earth, more specifically the Midwestern United States, they know of and a good bit about Protestant Christianity, but they do not practice it, but believe enough for it to shape their view of cosmology and keep other religions at a good distance.

Challara Arabett- Other (apathetic)

Challara does not give one single flying motherfuck about religion in any way, shape, or form. It's not that she doesn't believe they're real, which would make her an atheist, but she just legitimately does not care either way.

17 hours ago, Die Shize said:

i?id=6d88ec4dc9b22867421561f1d5f28eb3&n=

Last page, last post, last line

ignore that " Edited just now by Die Shize " part. There was a spelling error that I corrected eheh eehee ahaha uh hugh hugh hugh ha ha ha teehee *cough* looollllllz

That's two superlikes down. I'll hold onto the third for now

7 hours ago, notmuch_23 said:

Thurgood and Aveline Singlance- Other/It's Complicated

Being from Earth, more specifically the Midwestern United States, they know of and a good bit about Protestant Christianity, but they do not practice it, but believe enough for it to shape their view of cosmology and keep other religions at a good distance.

Challara Arabett- Other (apathetic)

Challara does not give one single flying motherfuck about religion in any way, shape, or form. It's not that she doesn't believe they're real, which would make her an atheist, but she just legitimately does not care either way.

Where might one come across Challara and her works? 

Cerik- Other (Volios/???) - This post very succinctly summarizes the beliefs of this particular errant knight. (Also the thread in general is a good read, in my humbled, unbiased opinion 🧐) As a quick summary, he used to believe in Volios, until some heavy stuff went down and his prayers went unanswered. Now, he doesn't worship anything, though he'd like a deity with which his goals align and whom he could form a kind of reliable partnership with.

Gormaric/Neque/Sibyla- Other (Kinda a mess...) - Well, these three are lumped together because they're fairly interconnected. All three wield the power of the Inanis, which is the residual essence of Inritus, a god of shadow and darkness. They don't exactly worship, persay, but the latter two, at least, have partaken in some weird dark rituals on the account of the Inanis. And uhh, Inritus is actually back in action these days, in the form of a honkin' big black dragon that is particularly interested in ensuring Gormaric's survival. Suffice to say that shenanigans involving a prison dimension molded by the memories of those who entered it were involved.

... I told you this was a mess.

Zerand-  Agnostic(?)/Anti-theist(?) - Not honestly sure how else I'd label him. He believes in the existence of gods and divinity because one wrecked him at the height of his power and sent him into Valucre. However, he assuredly does not worship them, or bend the knee to them in any way. He hates them, he hates those who follow them, and if he had his way, all of them would be destroyed by his axe and the Robo-Vikings he commands.

Father Roggan- Other (Wololo) - From what is known about this enigmatic priest, 'Wololo' is the name of some divine entity which the good Father worships and spreads the faith of. Of course, the method through which he spreads this faith is a particularly potent color-changing spell, through which he leaves behind exotic-colored flora and fauna and ruins the color-coordination of outfits.

Benaires: Phlegathonism/Unknown/???????

Avus Insectium: D'Thur Theory and Divination of the Abyssal Council/Phlegathonism

Cyrix Tepes Gothra: D'Thur Theory and Divination of the Abyssal Council

Ephidrina: D'Thur/Phlegathonism

Lady Quela: D'Thur Theory and Divination of the Abyssal Council/Phlegathonism

Psyvariar DAICHON: D'Thur Theory and the Divination of the Abyssal Council

Lord Bacterion: D'Thur

Metaboe: (Agnostic/D'Thur)

Ground Squirrel (Third World Enterprises): D'Thur Theory and the Divination of the Abyssal Council

Kraftwerke Yatsura: The Divination Of The Abyssal Council

Rydere Titan-Yatsura: The Divination of the Abyssal Council

Xeno Tepes Gothra: Phlegathonism/D'Thur Theory and Divination Of The Abyssal Council

Lockheed III: Phlegathonism

Graymite Anthine Jones IV: Phlegathonism

Lord Anthing Jones III: Phlegathonism/Peganism

Rebecca Jones: Deities/Phlegathonism

Ganthronecx Tulpa: Tulpanism

Serenity Princess Invectium: Phelgathonism FULL

Ronald T. Vixxenne: Ukrainism (Theory that the planet that he is from is the ORIGIN of ALL life)

Micheal T Vixxenne: Ukrainism/Phlegathonism

Daniel Composition III: Divination of the Abyssal Council

Daniel Composition I: Phlegathonism

Benny