amenities

Now Hiring: Official Valucre UFS Judges

Now accepting applications for qualified Valucre users to be considered a Valucre Approved Universal Fight System (UFS) Judge. The system is linked below.

Valucre Approved Judges are users who exercise the ability to make unbiased decisions on the winners of UFS RP scenarios. These individuals will judge conflicts by the board within which and the rules under which the opponents are competing. Valucre Approved Judges are the first group of people users ask for when they need third-party deliberation to decide the victor of a competitive scenario in which involved players cannot resolve a victor.

Let me repeat for clarity:

This is an evaluation of users' ability to be impartial and understand any system as it is written, deliberate with necessary system creators/involved fighters, and explain a coherent decision on the victor of the scenario in question and no more or less than that.

Requirements:

Demonstrates impartiality

Demonstrates reading comprehension

Demonstrates reliability

Submit your name today to be added to the Valucre Approved Judges list. A panel of moderators/administrators will review all submissions made by May 1, 2019.

Edited by supernal
updated title

The idea of the approved judges list made more sense when we were just talking about one freeform system (esp. vs this systems with built in resolution mechanisms). Now that there are many more freeform systems with their own, sometimes even opposing, criteria and differing methods of judging, granularity is needed

So I specified the existing list is for the now defunct chosen rule set and whoever gets picked here will be for the UFS ruleset. I’m happy to edit the post or have amenities edit my post or make his own post for the thread but it may be better for creators to maintain their own lists - like as a section for the UFS rules or its own thread so you don’t have to wait on me to edit this thread from 2013

Okay have fun everyone! 

Edited by supernal

2 hours ago, supernal said:

The idea of the approved judges list made more sense when we were just talking about one freeform system (esp. vs this systems with built in resolution mechanisms). Now that there are many more freeform systems with their own, sometimes even opposing, criteria and differing methods of judging, granularity is needed

So I specified the existing list is for the now defunct chosen rule set and whoever gets picked here will be for the UFS ruleset. I’m happy to edit the post or have amenities edit my post or make his own post for the thread but it may be better for creators to maintain their own lists - like as a section for the UFS rules or its own thread so you don’t have to wait on me to edit this Thea’s from 2013

Okay have fun everyone! 

Can we depreciate the 2013 article and have the various system creators maintain their own lists within their rule sets?

2 hours ago, desolate said:

Can we depreciate the 2013 article and have the various system creators maintain their own lists within their rule sets?

It's actually just a thread in UC, so 2x yes. Did that and added a note

If @amenities makes a separate thread for it he can pin it in the UC and if he doesn't he can add a section to UFS rules - or do both