Die Shize

Family First - A Valucre Announcement

They say that family comes first, and in many situations it does. My current situation is one of them.

Something was sprung on me that needs immediate and consistent attention. My family needs attention. To achieve this, I need to divert my attention to them and elsewhere.

I will be at a decreased posting capacity from hereon out, which may honestly turn into zero posting capacity. I don't say that lightly or dramatically, and I don't write this announcement in those ways either.

I'm in a number of threads that, up until now, I was able to juggle well enough. That's why I kept getting into more threads lol. I could handle it. I enjoyed handling it.

But this isn't about how many threads I'm in. This is about where I'm at. And I can't really be on Valucre regarding where I need to be. Sound cryptic? Yes, and individuals like supernal and others probably don't deserve it.

However, all it takes is a change in schedule for me to not make my own on Valucre, so I will defer to the thread participants to make a judgment call on whether to skip me, continue skipping me or give me the boot. I won't hold anything against my fellow Valucreans for what they decide.

This is not an emotional decision. This is not an easy decision. I've become quite active on this site because I've enjoyed this site. Ask the person beside you, and if they've seen my activity then they can probably agree. I've also weighed minimal activity and minimal threads, to retain at least a measure of activity, but it's not doable.

This is as sudden an announcement as it is a situation, one that I don't want to get into discussing, though I appreciate anyone's thoughts. And I do mean sudden. I mean, I just jumped into Ataraxy's war on Nu Martyr with total intention to see it through to the end. I'm one post in and I may not be able to even make another, but suffice to say that I don't make announcements like these without being aware of what I'm announcing.

Listed below are various things that I'm involved in, from IC threads to projects, and I've tagged people where appropriate for awareness.
They are listed to both advise and to make the message clear that these things may be flat out abandoned on my part depending on how inactive I become on this site.

@amenities @Ataraxy

@zackrobbman

@danzilla3 @Unicorgi

@jaistlyn @vielle

@Tyler

@Ataraxy

@Ataraxy @everyone else 'cause too many to tag

@-Lilium- @Fallen Joy @Rin

@Darling König @jaistlyn @Rin

@Ataraxy @everyone else 'cause too many to tag

@-Lilium- @Ace @supernal (supernal tagged due to Terrenus Quest)

@amenities @Thotification @Neondragon7

@TheEyeOfNight @Darling König @AngryCacti @Dizzy00

@Ace @Wade @carrionjackal @amenities @Sanonymous

My GM capacity here was intentionally minimal as it is. Consider a group effort to see the roleplay through if it continues with or without me.

[insert missed threads here]

@anyone who I may have missed

A lot of threads, pardners. I reckon.

If people want to reach out to me such as for how I might even exit a thread entirely, feel free to do so, and I will respond as I can.

Thank you all.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

Thanks for letting us know. Some people don't get the chance, some people do and just don't bother, so the fact that you're taking the time to let us know and tag people and essentially make arrangements for your affairs here is the best

A game is a game because it's fun, and as involved as our game can become, a game is what it is. There are situations where one just doesn't have the luxury of time and you shouldn't feel bad about no longer having that. I mean feel bad in the situation because of whatever is happening of course, but not on our behalf. Sometimes you just have to stop playing, sometimes for a short time, sometimes a long time, sometimes forever, but whatever ends up happening it's been a blast seeing you around again and if things change in the next few years, we'll be around

Good luck my friend, and godspeed

Aw man, I was just getting used to having you around again. 😭

But yes, do what you gotta do for your family. My sympathies if something bad has happened. Hope it all works out.

We haven't got the chance to properly roleplay together yet, but family really does come first 🙏 Thanks for letting us know, and I pray it'll be smooth sailing for you and your family soon 😊

See you when the time is right again ❤️

Thank you all. Input like that is always encouraging to read.

This is all, as supernal stated, ultimately a ‘game’. That’s why we tell each other to put real life priorities in front of Valucre, be they family, marriage, school, work, etc.

But in that same respect, Valucre is not just a game. A game to me is something that I can pick up and put down without much daily thought; a PS4 and a TV. Guys, even when I’m not on the site, I think of its roleplays and its people and my characters as much as an author does with a series of novels.

What we have right here, ladies and gentlemen, is a community. It’s a hobby. It’s a willing commitment. Fantasy football, chess clubs, sports teams—they’re all still for entertainment, but they’re no less important for those involved.

So I’m fading from more than just a pick-up-and-put-down. Valucre is a home away from home, not in any obsessive or unhealthy way lol, but it is that much more real to me and my writing joys since there are real people here.

But you haven’t seen the last of my length just yet! I’ll be around here and there, segregating the can-do’s from the can’t-do’s. Then, in the words of Spike Spiegel: “Whatever happens, happens.”

/sad face at sad faces