supernal

What emotion best describes your character?

I'll just do my most well known ones lol

Titus: Hope

Teresa: Courage

Lilith: Contempt

Marik: Ataraxia

Hawk: I know there's a word for the specific emotion, but the closest thing I can think of is "virtue" but that's not so much an emotion as it is just a noun. But there you go lol

Shane = Hate

I'm tempted to say "anger" or "rage", but the truth is that those things are spawned by his deep-seated loathing for who he perceives to be the corrupt and sinful in society, and society's seeming acceptance of them.

Roen is melancholic. Some might consider it to be a prevailing mood of sorrow or inner trouble, but it’s different to me. 

I think his melancholic humour is protean and transformative. A spirit of contemplative change, like Autumn. An enabler of ends and begginings. 

Melancholic. It’s runs deeper than his fits of anger or brooding periods. 

Edited by Roen

Agony - One might think I'd say agony or anguish but I believe misanthropy is currently where he is at right now. I think he is the hardest for me to pinpoint which means he is more than just physically amorphous.

Ilyana - Confident. New lease on life so she believes she can do anything she wants to do.

Xavier - Excited. Has that extra push now to defy stereotypes so is excited for what is to come.

Twizzen - Superior 

That’s less what I think of him, although probably not too far off the mark, and more how he feels and how others would / might feel about him 

And that’s as distinct from words we may call up alongside that like haughty or contemptuous or imperious, which may also apply to him at the same time, but the one word for me would be Superior 

Abigail = Ambition Narcissism

There are a few different things that could describe Abigail, but it does seem like almost everything about her life revolves around the desire for success. If I could find a word that describes the emotion for desiring to prove oneself worthy, I would probably use that instead though. 

Credit to Supernal. Yeah, she's obsessed with proving herself worthy and seeking recognition/acknowledgement for her accomplishments. While I wouldn't say this has necessarily led to vanity, it does apply in that she is very self-centric or always focused on the benefit of her house over the nation or other people.

Rodan = Amusement

Another option is "curiosity", but it seems to me that most of what Rodan does is done for the purpose of amusing himself. Testing the limits of his own abilities as well as the mental and emotional limits of his victims, purely for the entertainment value, or at least to avoid getting boredom or stagnation. 

Edited by Tyler

50 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Abigail = Ambition

There are a few different things that could describe Abigail, but it does seem like almost everything about her life revolves around the desire for success. If I could find a word that describes the emotion for desiring to prove oneself worthy, I would probably use that instead though. 

Oooo interesting word challenge . . . hmmmm

I would call the behavior "seeking validation" but I can't think of a single word that captures that. Perhaps insecure, but it's a specific kind of insecure that seeks to prove itself rather than withdraws into social anxiety so that word by itself isn't enough either 

Narcissistic perhaps, if as a consequence of proving herself worthy she seeks recognition or admiration?