jaistlyn

Valucre reactions [standard set] - suggestions & do you want a "Wow" react?

Should we change "What" or "Confused" to "Wow" or "Holy Shit" react, or not change it?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we change "What" or "Confused" to "Wow"?

• Change What to Wow
    • Change What to Holy Shit
    • Don't change the reactions
    • Change Confused to Wow
    • Change Confused to Holy Shit

Heyyyy everyone! I'm back again to ask for suggestions, this time for standard/default reactions in-between festivals and seasons. Ideally I would like to make Val-specific reactions, but these has to be tied to long-term lore, and not to specific characters (unless the character is very significant to the history of Valucre, and is likely to remain there). Does anyone have suggestions for them? If there's not enough ideas we can generate, I'll just go with selecting and downloading usual emoji sets like the apple or google emojis, or a mix (e.g. custom "superlike" and the rest are just normal ones.)

I think there was also some talk about changing either "confused" or "what" to "wow", since the two are pretty close. Do you think that's a good idea? Participate in the poll!  

@amenities @supernal 

Edited by jaistlyn

4 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

@supernal I dunno.. a joker ‘haha’ seems kinda scary ?

But globe for superlike sounds good!

@Ataraxy @vielle I would take wow as more like surprise.. which is different from a superlike. But the original suggestion came from @amenities, so I dunno what his view on it is!

So googling both joker and jester I can totally see why. But all these DC comics and Halloween costumes aside I mean more of a traditional “fool”

jesterdreamstime_l_25301185.jpg

Edited by supernal

1 hour ago, vielle said:

What's the difference between 'Superlike' and 'Wow'? ? Some sort of higher degree of amazingness or like a 'What?' kind of 'Wow'? ?

59 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

I second Vielle's question. Is it like a sarcastic wow? Cause that's how I'd use it.

All of the above are possible! I think something that's surprising pretty well captures what I mean; ranging from surprisingly awesome to surprisingly stupid.

Isn’t it just like that... -> 

tenor.png

The emoji itself is just an image, it doesn’t really connotate a certain meaning, but if you think it can be misused, you can vote no...

I think ‘haha’ and ‘thanks’, and others can be misused too, it’s just whether the person wants to be nasty...

Edited by jaistlyn

1 hour ago, jaistlyn said:

Isn’t it just like that... -> 

tenor.png

The emoji itself is just an image, it doesn’t really connotate a certain meaning, but if you think it can be misused, you can vote no...

I think ‘haha’ and ‘thanks’, and others can be misused too, it’s just whether the person wants to be nasty...

This is why I wanted a "Wow" to begin with! I think "Wow" in relation to "SuperLike" is a lot less redundant than having a "Confused," "Think," AND "What?" react, which all mean the same thing.

You can translate any react to whatever you want, using or misusing it, but I'm shooting to broaden the available scope of them; and the main objective I see in that is breaking up the "Confused," "Think," and "What?" trifecta.

Added more options to the poll on @Ataraxy's request lol. Anyone changing their votes? I'll manually note them since I don't think you can change your vote.

The questions are a little out of order too because I can't reorder the answers lol

Edited by jaistlyn