notmuch_23

What is your character's overarching belief?

Do one or more of your characters have an overarching belief that shapes them?

Does it come from their faith, experience, or something else?

For example, Thurgood Singlance believes (and he would actually say this if he has an opportunity) "There's nothing thought that can't be done, yet there's nothing done that can't be thought or undone, but there's nothing undone that can't be done again. There's nothing built that can't be destroyed, yet there's nothing destroyed that can't be rebuilt. Nothing rises that can't fall, yet nothing that falls can't rise again. Noyhing started can't be stopped, yet nothing stopped can't be restarted. Nobody that lives can't die, yet nobody that dies can't live again. Nothing good can't become evil, yet nothing evil that can't become good. Nothing orderly can't become chaotic, yet nothing chaotic can't become orderly. There's nothing true that can't be made false, yet nothing false that can't be made true. There's nothing strong that can't be weakened, yet nothing weak that can't be strengthened. Naturally, everything tends towards extremes, but seeks balanced neutrality. Everything is temporary yet oh so permanent. This existence is made of opposites and paradoxes, and the sooner you understand that, the...

...better? No, not worse either...

...the more complete your...

...comprehension of everything will be."

Edited by notmuch_23
expanding title, and typod

Benaires:

"My life consists of humans and many OTHER life forms belittling me. I get that. I'm a creature of unspeakable power and yet I'm still a Child. What we do with our lives can determine us, or BREAK us. Look, I can't read, I can't swim, but I can breathe in Space; how fucking lame is THAT? I crash into trees at full speed because my bad sense of my S.D.S. (Skeletal Distribution System) I can balance on a LEAF, then fall on my furry butt and damage HOUSES!!! Got it??? do you understand how complex my LIFE is? and NOW....after 45, 000+ YEARS of being a DAICHON, I'm STUCK in my HUMANISTIC DISGUISE without being able to change into my upright BROOD form for awhile.

If I BITE at you, I don't mean it; I just don't FUCKING trust you right now.....sorry hehehehehe."

Benny

Aveline Singlance: "Find somebody, anybody; can be a parent, child, friend, romantic partner, mentor, sibling, that you trust with absolutely everything, including your back, life, ass, money, deepest secrets, and heart. Then hang onto that person harder than you've hung on to anybody else, no matter what happens. Anything and everything you face, be it threat, betrayal, abuse, the afterlife, or whatever, is bearable when you know for an absolute fact that one person exists that will always give a fuck about you."

Edited by notmuch_23

Minerva: "Demons and angels are both bad for you. Demons wish to do whatever they want and spread havoc. Angels hold to their belief and will do whatever to keep justice. So why is it when a demon kills a man it's bad but when an angel slays a man in the name of their deity, it's just and deserved? Angels slay men and they get sent to some unholy place but demons kill men and they get saved by the angels. When has kill and slay meant two different things? You're still ending a life whether it be for fun or for justice. I, however, slay for pleasure."

(Context: Minerva has a strong distaste for angels and their actions of deeming things just.)

Edited by SteamWarden

“The demonic are without number and their servants span the world, but faith does not tire. Should it take our entire lives, the Watchers will exterminate them all.” Nathan and Max in a nutshell. 

“I have tasted the blood of the divine. I have seen them. The Heavens are indeed real. Unlike those celestial spirits of light and sound, Man has many flaws he must overcome. Chief among them is pride.” Max.

”Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. I swear upon my soul, until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice become the reality we all share, I’ll never stop fighting. Ever.” Superman quote, but it rings true for all the Watchers.