jaistlyn

[Open PvE Event] Nightmare Descends (Yh'mi, Furthest Point Part 2) - Combined OOC

Since our health does not reset nightmare to nightmare, I assume those of us who use ammunition would not have our ammunition reset either, right? @jaistlyn

I am aware that ammunition is just flavor and not a mechanic, but I figure it is still worth asking.

Edited by Tyler

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Since our health does not reset nightmare to nightmare, I assume those of us who use ammunition would not have our ammunition reset either, right? @jaistlyn

I am aware that ammunition is just flavor and not a mechanic, but I figure it is still worth asking.

I guess not, since special attacks don’t replenish too.

Note to everyone: I will be adjusting the Sanity table (released later) so that it’s easier to succeed, especially for Sanity 2 and down. We’re having trouble over at the Child’s Play thread to do anything at all. The current table still applies until the end of this round for both realms.

Edited by jaistlyn

Now I'm not going to say "lmfao you aren't in low sanity hell, you have no room to talk" 

But uhh

You've had full if not close to full sanity to work with in your realms so far

You don't know the true fear of super low sanity that you can't even get back to and keep at full because of a constant passive effect and a plethora of sanity drains arrayed against you

Not to mention the constant misses this leads to (see several posts with literally all actions not hitting) and backfires that take away HP and thus actions 

This isn't a "Yeah a few deaths may happen at RNG's whim and we signed on and agreed with that possibility" 

It's more like "the possibility of a TPK for the Child's Play realm is scarily likely with the current sanity mechanics" 

Edited by EpicRome23

10 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Note to everyone: I will be adjusting the Sanity table (released later) so that it’s easier to succeed, especially for Sanity 2 and down. We’re having trouble over at the Child’s Play thread to do anything at all. The current table still applies until the end of this round for both realms.

Lol What have you been doing in your realm Mrs. Jaistlyn? It sounds like things are getting pretty rough in there.🤣

Edited by zackrobbman

2 hours ago, Fierach said:

I like it. Granted Sheryl would be more adept in jaist's nightmare realm then the two I have there, but the low sanity is fun to work with. If anything, gms need to balance around the sanity meter then the sanity meter be balanced to it.

I’ll not nerf it too much. But if you look at the sanity 1 and 0 tables, only a roll of 8, 9 or 10 nets you a success. That’s less than a one-third chance. Coupled with that low sanity usually (but not always) comes with lower health, which means less actions, there’s a good chance you’ll not succeed in your actions for two, three or even four rounds. Since each realm is only five or six rounds, this means you’ll spend half your time not being able to do what you want. XD

I expect this to be even more pronounced when we move into the last pair of realms.

Edited by jaistlyn