jaistlyn

[Open PvE Event] Nightmare Descends (Yh'mi, Furthest Point Part 2) - Combined OOC

Meditate + Advanced buff and rally.

Restoring 3 sanity in one action is akin to a second wind and don't forget adv buff isn't consumed if you fail.

Rally gives sanity to others allowing them to bypass thier own RNG. But it's limited. BUT ITS VALUABLE!

This (Michael Jackson's Playhouse) is not the stage to be stingy with specials. It's good to hold your best skills until you need them.... But ya gotta recognize when you need them!

If the place you're forced to fight in is hazardous, the last thing you want to do is drag things out.

Well, hit, miss, or backfire, once I use a special ability with Challara, it is GONE until she returns to base. If I had used all her area attacks, sustained fires, or her ONLY limited heal in the Long Way Down thread, she would not have gotten them back for Child's Play, and I'm absolutely positive that there is at least one more nightmare thread beyond this one, but I suspect at least two, and her specials need to last through all of them. So given that, I want to use them at either nearly full, or preferably completely full sanity so that they'll actually do something. I already wasted one sustained fire!

Edited by notmuch_23

17 hours ago, Akiris said:

Meditate + Advanced buff and rally.

Restoring 3 sanity in one action is akin to a second wind and don't forget adv buff isn't consumed if you fail.

Rally gives sanity to others allowing them to bypass thier own RNG. But it's limited. BUT ITS VALUABLE!

This (Michael Jackson's Playhouse) is not the stage to be stingy with specials. It's good to hold your best skills until you need them.... But ya gotta recognize when you need them!

If the place you're forced to fight in is hazardous, the last thing you want to do is drag things out.

We’re already blowing our specials, lol. I’ve already used 2 mass rallys.

Area defence and advanced buff is getting used a lot too.

But that’s fine, it wasn’t meant to be easy! 😉

Edited by jaistlyn

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I mean, this is a horror setting right? That kinda means everyone but one or two characters need to die. 🤣

So are you volunteering for all of the Norkotians to kick the bucket first, then? lmao

Edited by EpicRome23

13 minutes ago, EpicRome23 said:

So are you volunteering for all of the Norkotians to kick the bucket first, then? lmao

What do you think I have been doing? 😂

I've just never sustained enough damage for any of the named people to start dying yet! Haha. I literally had all but two of the squad get killed in the first thread, and it would have been all but one if it weren't for Charlie accidentally saving the life of a man he keeps wanting to kill. 😆

On 10/21/2019 at 1:41 PM, Tyler said:

literally had all but two of the squad get killed in the first thread, and it would have been all but one if it weren't for Charlie accidentally saving the life of a man he keeps wanting to kill. 

*Pats shoulder consolingly* Life can be complicated sometimes, bud. It can be complicated. That's why you need this. *Slips you a Bang'n Burn.llc card* Cash up front only for a quote. 

The following will apply from next round --

• 5 sanity (new characters start here)
    • Flawless execution. All actions are successful.
  • 4 sanity (existing characters start here) - Roll d10 for each action.
    • 1 = Backfire. You take 1 damage.
    • 2-3 = Miss.
    • 4-10 = Action successful
  • 3 sanity - Roll d10 for each action.
    • 1 = Backfire. You take 1 damage.
    • 2-4 = Miss.
    • 5-10 = Action successful
  • 2 sanity - Roll d10 for each action.
    • 1-2 = Backfire. You take 1 damage.
    • 3-4 = Miss.
    • 5-10 = Action successful
  • 1 sanity - Roll d10 for each action.
    • 1-2 = Backfire. You take 1 damage.
    • 3-5 = Miss.
    • 6-10 = Action successful
  • 0 sanity - Before taking any action, roll d3. If result is 1, attack your closest team mate for 1 HP. If result is 2 or 3, roll d10 for each action. 
    • 1-3 = Backfire. You take 1 damage.
    • 4-5 = Miss.
    • 6-10 = Action successful

*Reads Hollow's post. Takes off hat and massages face.*

@Tyler @jaistlyn

Can we take a vote to ban Tyler from commenting in the OOC? I'm now pretty certain that he's an actual Twistling.

@HollowCipher Willy Wonka?! Dude, what rendition of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' did you watch that involves Willy Wonka ripping out a demon-spawns spine? I'm imagining that now, and it's actually really scary. Probably almost as scary as the movies parody in 'Epic Movie'. that scene still gives me nightmares.