jaistlyn

[Open PvE Event] Nightmare Descends (Yh'mi, Furthest Point Part 2) - Combined OOC

This is my final post. After I hit submit I'mma bounce, unbookmark the site and just stop RPing altogether. So I'll never see the response.

We tried. Well some of us tried. Kinda sus that Supernal decided to close the site the month we were thinking Jaist would come back. Ah well. Supernal did a great job with the site. Not really feeling the successor site though. Personally, I feel that instructing us that we have to make interesting characters and then telling us what we need to have in order to make those characters interesting is a red flag. So I poked the boat a bit to see what came loose.

Some of the guys in charge are kinda cunts. Not gonna lie. I've seen this behavior before and fortunately I have nothing left to lose this time via RP held as hostage. Which I kinda feel is going to happen at the new site as I read the responses in sunset and sunrise.

I'm 100% not going to complain about the site closing. I certainly don't have a right to seeing as I never voted for it. Good luck with your new project Supernal. It's different enough from Valucre to the point where it's not in my interest range, but your track record here make me believe you'll do well at it. I know I haven't posted this in a place for visibility. So whoever notices, notices.

Heya everyone! Big apologies for disappearing.. motivation for writing went away for a bit. I am well, and have no excuse to give other than "was not feeling it", a poor reason, I know. I would have been alright if someone else brought the thread to its end.. Thank you very much for your patience everyone, and I'm sorry. But the final post is up, and I hope @Akiris will see it at some point in the future! Feel free to post an epilogue for your characters in this thread if you wish.. I will be doing so for Fidelitas tonight.

And with that... Fidelitas leaves the White Hand. I think that is a proper conclusion for him, having lost his faith (due to rng chance when he died in one of the nightmare realms, if anyone still remembers that was a mechanic!) 

A really really big thank you for everyone who had participated in this massive thread, and doubly so for those who had led your nightmare realms! It was an ambitious endeavor, if you recall at the start we had 20 players! People dropped off along the way, understandably, and I myself dropped the ball real hard at the end.. again, I apologize for that. Despite that, I hope the thread had brought you some joy to write. I know I have been swept up by many of the great action and emotional posts written here! I will look upon this thread with fond memories in the future. ❤️

It was fun! Thanks for the opportunity! This was my very first time writing in a thread like this, and I learned a lot. I've still been brainstorming an RPG system ever since I attempted to create one, and the one I've come up with is FAR LESS annoying and intricate than what I posted here. I apologize to all of those that got thrown of by it! 

Also, I suffer from the 'Not feeling it' thing too. I'm afraid mine is still going strong these days, mainly because of added 'adulting' stuff and very little sleep, but it's there nonetheless. I hope yours doesn't get too bad, because I believe a 'friend' of mine expressed interest in having you write with us on another project, which I was 100% on board for! No pressure'r nuthin' though! From what I've found out, pressure kills that artistic spark and makes it more of a job, and very few people enjoy going to work. 😄Doors always open though if that spark becomes a flame! 

So yeah...this was fun! I enjoyed this. With all of you! The site may closing down, but we may run into each other in the future. (Actually I'm pretty sure of it) So don't feel afraid to give me a holl'a if you see a dude named Zack that robs people.

That was a joke. My name isn't actually Zack.

Oh, and I don't rob people. 

For my first official foray into playing Soryn (a mixture of a character I had made in the past and my affinity for Hell's Gate's lore) this was fun. I enjoyed interacting with players I may have not ever interacted with otherwise here and while I doubt I will have the motivation to conjure up Soryn's article regarding what happened here ever it was a worthwhile journey for the seasoned reporter imo. Thank everyone for all the effort they could muster on this huge endeavor.

Needless to say, it was the first event of such an enormous scale I've ever participated in. And Mother Gaia, it was worth it. Surely, I had so much fun, I've polished my writing skills, I've interacted with many wondrous people here... I roleplayed as a turret. Ain't gonna forget that experience for a long while.

It's a bit sad I won't be able to continue Vlad's Yh'mi storyline the way as it is. But still, it was one helluva ride for him and for me.

Not sure who all is still checking here

but there's an epilogue to this great thread/thread series for me, and a goodbye to Yh'mi as we know it, I suppose!

I had a lot of fun in Yh'mi, and lots of wonderful memories made here, as well as writers met! and paladins slayed, I would have gotten to them all eventually if it weren't for jaist's absence!

But of course, this isn't completely the end. I'll see those of y'all who have moved there/intend to move there once the curtain falls on PGRP. And I'll probably port Aligoria over as well, so in time old connections will be reforged, and new ones made.

Until then...

Spoiler

tumblr_mlj938jrqc1qfo270o1_r1_400.gifv