supernal

What emotion does your character most evoke in others?

3 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

@Akiris tbh I don’t know how to react to Ed. He always thinks of points that are kind of meta - meta but true - like in your most recent post in bloodwatch base. It is true that to keep up a story, some things I write don’t necessarily make logical sense, and Ed butchers suspension of disbelief. You know - like a movie skeptic. I am not sure how to interact with that IC. Call it avoidance or disinterest in conflict on my part, or a lack of competence in thinking through all parts of a storyline before running a thread (not my style, and not interested in taking the time and effort to change that style either in this RP hobby), but it culminates in me not knowing what to directly reply, hence being ‘unable to perceive Ed’. That’s just one person’s (my) reason on this though.

... but maybe that's what you're going for with Ed? 

His internal dialog is pretty out there compared to everyone else sure. My concept of a mage is one that does more than mindlessly toss fireballs, so what goes on in his head is going to make someone else's hurt.

But as for any interaction that doesn't require mary sue level mind reading powers:

Ed used magic and a rifle to fight monsters.

Yelled at idiots who ran to another quadrant when there were monsters that needed killing right in front of them.

Used what amounted to healing on the Norto Sgt and tried to start something amounting to a conversation.

Looted a knife and a big ass deer.

Ate, and then started butchering said big ass deer.

----------------------------------------------

Should I color code my posts so people can skip over the parts that they don't actually need to read?

2 minutes ago, Akiris said:

His internal dialog is pretty out there compared to everyone else sure. My concept of a mage is one that does more than mindlessly toss fireballs, so what goes on in his head is going to make someone else's hurt.

But as for any interaction that doesn't require mary sue level mind reading powers:

Ed used magic and a rifle to fight monsters.

Yelled at idiots who ran to another quadrant when there were monsters that needed killing right in front of them.

Used what amounted to healing on the Norto Sgt and tried to start something amounting to a conversation.

Looted a knife and a big ass deer.

Ate, and then started butchering said big ass deer.

----------------------------------------------

Should I color code my posts so people can skip over the parts that they don't actually need to read?

I was intimidated. Wasn’t sure if you were trolling or just playing out a character concept that’s very different. But, this conversation helps put your character into perspective! 

? in the light of this thread, shows that there can be a difference between how the author views the character and how the reader views them.

I know Thurgood often evokes annoyance in Aveline, but I don't think they really tend to evoke a specific emotion, other than maybe either confusion or annoyance. How did these goddamn yokels become nobles?

Benaires: Compassion, hope, confusion as Ben is sometimes an AIR-Head.

Cyrix Tepes Gothra: Fear, hate, forgiveness often, overall reasoning and truth

Xeno A. Tepes Gothra: Compassion, kind of an ass-hat with belittling people; Compassion, love and hope

Daniel Composition: (Representing Third World) Hope, fun, resolution, love

Abraxis Jenee Invectium: Sadness, hopelessness, utter bewilderment, confusion, compassion

Avus Insectium; Oblique insanity, hope, arrogance, fun in Chaos

Graymite Anthine Jones IV: Hope, faith, concern, compassion, investigation into the unknown, peace

King Ephidrina: Care-free life; hope, compassion

Lady Quela: care-free life; the need for a drink; love

Ronald T. Vixxenne: (Representing third World) Curiosity; hope; investigation into the unknown

Cerik: Invokes fear in evildoers, invokes respect and courage in the good, and invokes desire in women! one of these may not actually be true

Gormaric: Dread, fear, the overwhelming desire to turn and run away. Pray to whatever gods you may hold, for in seeing him, you know they have forsaken you. okay at the current time he's only really up against the creatures of Yh'mi and they're fearless little bastards, but its the thought that counts

Sibyla: Actually kind of a deliberate thing she does, but she invokes interest, sometimes captivation. An aura of charm and mystery, intended to subtly bend others to her will and further her aims and those of Aligoria. Effectiveness varies, RomeCo(TM) is not liable for any issues encountered in usage of this product.

Those only familiar with Evelyn's various hosts will get an impression of competency. Evelyn usually only comments on those that it knows something about, and when doing otherwise makes a disclaimer

Those familiar with Evelyn as a body-jacking ET parasite are a little unsettled