Varda nods at the explanation Silas offers, taking note of them even as she mentally berates herself for being very strange. She looks up as the Doctor stands, and it’s now that she finally sees the man for what he really appears to be: tall, poised, elegant. The monocle perched over his eye almost gleams in the sunlight.

"Are you alright milady? You seem a bit feverish."

Gods, and now she’s confusing even the only Doctor in the room into thinking she’s sick, when she’s simply worked herself into a stupor over such a small thing. “I—I’m fine, Doctor, truly,” Varda tells him, smiling as she gently bats away the Doctor’s hand; it’s altogether warm.

Aspen only looks quizzical, from where she stands observing them. Thank the gods for small mercies.

“Is there—anything else needed for now? If not, would you object to afternoon tea before you leave, Doctor? I know we have yet to discuss the details of your recompense for helping myself and my brother recuperate from our wounds, so perhaps we could discuss them,” she trails off, suddenly unsure of herself.

Silas knew that he should have declined. He was now acutely aware of the softness of her skin; of her smile, her gentle, poised manner in general. By now he had figured out that what he was feeling was indeed infatuation with the Lady, and felt all the more foolish for it. Varda was the Lady of a Noble House; placing him beneath her notice in social terms. Even is she did reciprocate, he didn't know if he could still be intimate with another person; physically or emotionally. 

It suddenly occurred to him that he had been standing there like a fool as he thought things over, staring at Varda; and he could only hope without too much longing in his gaze. He cleared his throat and smiled.

"Tea sounds lovely, thank you."

It’s strange, the stillness that suddenly overcomes the Doctor; the way he stares at her threatens to send a shiver visibly rolling down her spine. Varda watches in mild fascination as he seems to mentally shake himself out of the stupor, a burgeoning smile on his mouth.

"Tea sounds lovely, thank you."

Varda answers with her own grin, inclining her head as she makes to rise from the lounge, once again the prim and proper Lady. She steps forward, beckons her sister and the Doctor to fall in step behind her as she leads the way through the door and into the hallway. Aspen deviates for a short moment to muster the servants to prepare the tea room and then returns to fall in step with the group once more.

“So, I must ask, Doctor,” Varda begins, looking to fill the silence of the short walk, “what do you think of our estate? I understand you’ve been operating under House Senaria’s banner for a while, but have you ever been out and about amidst the other houses?”

For a moment he thought that she had found him out, and his heart nearly stopped. Thankfully it passed, and she led him out into the hall, with Aspen leaving them for a moment to give hushed orders to the servants. He couldn't help but be captivated by the graceful way Varda walked; like mist moving over water. This time however, he had managed to keep himself in the moment enough to hear her ask what he thought of the manor. 

"Yours is the first noble house besides Lord Knight's that I've had the pleasure of seeing," he replied, "But I grew up around manors like this, and I can say without exaggeration that this is one of the finest I have ever had the pleasure to tour."