supernal

Public AFV Thread

Since it was my idea, I shall go first!

Due to my move and lack of internet (other than LTE, obviously, since I'm online right now), I will not be making many posts for a while. I'll try to get some in using my phone but things are a bit hectic. I'm starting from nothing except 1 couch in my studio, so I'm out spending tons of debt-moneys and shopping for stuff I'll need, then going home, then remembering i forgot something, etc etc etc.

So bare with me! I'm hoping to get settled in and wifi by Mondayish (oh God I hope so), but I haven't even called the internet dude much less scheduled something. 

So, uh, yeah. Afv (minus couple phone posts here and there), until I get sorted. Probably around half a week to a week more. 

I have a semi afv due to limited hotspot getting low, so my posts will be slowing down for a bit. I'll continue to try to make posts via the library  (if I go here and there) and the mobile data. Hotspot usually returns on the 2nd or 3rd of the month. 

So apologise in advance

I have to make a big switch to Valucre. I have a way to do it that the community shouldn’t notice until we’re ready to just flip a switch but the work is non-trivial and will take time, effort and research. I may be slower on responses (unless the timing works) and may need to be skipped on certain rounds 

Long overdue, but kind of an update? (Since I've been gone forever already)

I'm posting VERY slowly. Which is better than before since my last post was like what...October? But I am working with a few of you guys, and I'm going to start posting again. I just need to ease into it again. So, AFV meaning...I'm coming back finally, just going to be slow going for awhile until I can get back into full swing. 

Just a heads-up that I'll be going on vacation, starting next Wednesday, from May 1 to May 15. Activity will be minimal (odds are I'll only post in daddy oby's thread) but I'll still be here in case anyone needs to contact me. 

@SweetCyanide @vielle @jaistlyn @OBELUS @anyoneelseimmissing

Gracias

Welp, like last month, hotspot is getting low so probably be slow again in posting until the 3rd. I'll try to post withe mobile data or at the library 

But this is a heads up. So just letting you all know 

To be brief, I’ve succumbed to diverticulitis for the second time in just as many years, which means/meant emergency room and hospital visits, with several more doctor visits pending. There are complications, but it will suffice to say that I’m on the mend. I’m fatigued, still a bit out of sorts, and am in a generally foul(er) mood, but I’ll be coming back soon. Hope all is well.

So every night, I am like...

"I should write."

But then I am also like...

"But I am le'tired..."

I moved to NC back in March, and I didn't like it...so then I moved to ID, and I didn't like that either, so I came back to NC in June. Since then, I went under contract for a beautiful home, which I've just recently terminated the contract on. Reason for termination? The seller refuses to budge on any repairs that the inspection turned up, including structural issues which she specifically said she would deal with. So, I had to walk away from a $5000 due diligence payment, which I am now hoping I can somehow get back but it's going to require some detective work. But, getting a hold of the previous buyer who terminated their contract back in 2017 (because yes, it happened before) is proving to be harder than I imagined. It is my suspicion that the seller willingly withheld information from her disclosure form, which would have prevented me from even considering making an offer on the home and instead, she made up an elaborate story about why the previous buyer walked away. I am an idiot for believing her. She told me that the previous buyer was a bachelor who ended up finding a smaller and cheaper home in the same neighborhood, and so he walked away from his due diligence and screwed her over by making the house look bad because he walked from the contract. I felt for her, truly. Well, not one week into being under contract, my agent gets a secretive call from a woman who will not give us her name, she just tells us that she represented the previous buyer and that she really, really, really hopes I was planning to do a home inspection (now this is important here). Of course I was planning on an inspection, and of course it turns up that there is a crack in the foundation, the roof is 30 years old, and there's a septic tank problem. The roof is being changed this month, per our agreement, and it appears the septic tank problem is as well (although she refused to do it during our negotiation period). But now I am sitting here wondering, shouldn't she have disclosed all of this information if she knew about it? Whatever, it's a lost cause...

Did I mention I am under contract for another home? Yup. I was actually under contract for two homes at the same time! Boy was that stressful as fuck. Ontop of all of that fun stuff, I am busy with establishing my family -- new doctors, school tours, playground exploring -- just trying to make this place our home. 

So I am not really AFV, but I've just been having a hard time putting myself in the head space to write. The ideas are all there, and the urge is strong...but I am fucking le'tired. I've had to do all of this while carting around two EXTRAORDINARILY rambunctious toddlers who just so happen to be EXTRAORDINARY climbers and getting-into-troublers. 

Just pray for me. I need a house, desperately. 

Also don't give up on me. I am not gone, but I am coming back.

Here's a new picture of what could possibly be my new home...if something doesn't fuck this deal up. So far so good on the inspections!

ISqx6lf6au6kwh0000000000.jpg

@supernal @ElvenSeeker @Vetanoob @EpicRome23 @Fierach

I'm very sick, went to the hospital and I have mono. 

Depending on how I feel I might post this week, but I can't promise that so I thought it was important I informed at least the people who run the threads I'm in.

Feel free to skip me right away unless I suddenly say otherwise. 

1 hour ago, The Rabbit Emperor said:

@supernal @ElvenSeeker @Vetanoob @EpicRome23 @Fierach

I'm very sick, went to the hospital and I have mono. 

Depending on how I feel I might post this week, but I can't promise that so I thought it was important I informed at least the people who run the threads I'm in.

Feel free to skip me right away unless I suddenly say otherwise. 

Take care and hope you get better soon! ? 

Unexpected irl stuff came up. I'm going on hiatus starting today. I was already planning to take a break from Valucre for a while but it looks like that's happening sooner than expected. I've learned the hard way in my first year of college that it's hard to juggle a serious creative hobby like val, personal wellness, and good grades.

My class starts again on August 6 and I'll officially be on valcation (heh) then.

How long the cslhiatus will last, I'm not sure- two weeks at least, until December at most. I might drop in occasionally for board leader responsibilities but I'll be very gone for the most part.

Until Aug 6, I'll try to be check val on mobile and will do my best to finish the following before I disappear completely:

• Ophiuchus godslaying thread
  • Port Sun revamp
  • Ursa Madeum watercooler post
  • Allied Nations of Terrenus lore article
  • Veluriyam military article

Please forward all Veluriyam/Taen/UM canonization requests to @danzilla3. Remember to tag him in canonization posts!

Vielle will inevitably update me on what's going on in valucre so I might reappear with a fire axe in case of emergencies.

I might work on lore and thread storms offsite, ( @Malintzin Kasnivale has not been forgotten!) and will try to be reachable through discord-- though no guarantees.

Csl will return... eventually.

Edited by Csl