Thotification

An undead dragon guards the Madame's ship [God's hand Airship Quest]

NARRATIVE - THE DRAGON AND ITS SHIP

It was not the first undead dragon to make its way to Kaurilia nor will it be the last. The dead city perhaps has something that attracts these excessively large winged reptiles, these needlessly large winged reptiles even go so far as to make the city their humble home.

What can this elegant yet necrotic scaled beast of death and destruction want with such a lifeless city? Perhaps no one can tell. However, that is not the point of this story. Going back a few hundred years, there was a ship. Not just any ship but the rumored Godhand. It was a thing of beauty but not even the most beautiful and majestic ship can be immune to the curses of Whispernight. And so, one fateful stormy night, as one such grandiose airship happen to pass upon the rumored dead city of Kaurilia when one of the rumored undead dragons seemed to have developed a fancy for such a glorious object. 

What can a winged reptile get from a flying airship? Not very much but that did not stop the scaly flying monstrosity from charging at the poor thing. Perhaps this was the last time the airship was seen, at least from Genisarian eyes. It plummeted down to a nearby mountainous region, one that was close to the dead city of Kaurilia. It laid there on that unknown ground, forever lost, forever forgotten. The ship is still in good shape all thanks to its incredibly durable build but with no one to pilot it, it is now just a waste of space and with that undead dragon guarding it, will it every take flight once again?

@King

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

Oh how annoying!

The Madame sighed rather blatantly as she paced back and forth inside her flying ghost ship. Her search for the airship known as Godhand had been fruitless so far but she knew that sooner or later an opportunity will present itself. 

But I'm not alarmed. Yet.

For now, she had found a new lead. There was an old man there in one of the Whispernight villages, the few remaining villages that were not overrun by the eldritch horde.

I'll need to meet that old man. Soon.

Frowning she turned to look at what few capable hands she can afford at the moment.

Well, there's my old companions and of course a hundred of my soldiers. Would have deployed more but that would have been overkill.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

The Madame exited the old man's house. She had gotten what she came for. It seems she was quite lucky this time as well.

I'm quite the lucky woman. Who knows when I'll get lucky again."

The old man was actually part of the Godhand's old crew and while he was not part of the maiden voyage, he knew enough to satisfy the Madame.

Now all I need to do is find the other crew members.

Clutching the piece of paper that the man gave her, the Madame mulled over the contents. There are three locations that the Godhand could have fallen. The ship was supposed to deliver a ton of treasures that day but it's destination was never mentioned even to the crew. Only the captain knows, and the Madame needed to find where it is. 

All of this based on the old man's suspicions. Feels like finding a needle in a haystack. Or was it hay in a stack of needles? I feel like the latter is the more apt idiom for this mess.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

Making her way out of the village, the Madame could not help but frown. There was, of course, the matter of the old man's payment for the information.

Now I gotta keep this place safe for the night.

All the villagers knew after all that the eldritch horde's arrival was imminent. They were terrified of the abominations that came out of nowhere and the old man was smart enough to take advantage of the Madame's request.

Good thing I brought an army with me.

Her steps led her to the borders of the village, her lone figure staring at the horde of abominations amassing on the hills beyond yonder. There's more than the Madame had expected but she was confident of her abilities.

I had no problem surviving this horde on my own. The villagers are another matter, sadly.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

She had instructed her troops to form a perimeter around the village. A hundred strong soldiers fully equipped for slaughter.

What a good day to for a battle.

Of course, the Madame was one that had countermeasures against every possible problem and this was why she had brought her old companions to assist her.

I'm sure my little darlings can handle leading a company or two.

Chuckling the Madame assessed her own small contingent of soldiers, the sole company left for her.

These soldiers will be the backbone of my army someday. It would be best to keep them alive.

She wasn't really that concerned. She had the legendary blade, Baeoi after all. She only needed to say the word and her soldiers will once again come back from the dead, their bodies ready for action.

After all, their contracts are still ongoing. Not even death can terminate the wordings of my magical contracts. 

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

Her soldiers were ready, their spirits eager for blood and violence. While the Madame was not the violent type, she did understand the need for harsh violence especially on abominations such as the ones they were about to face. 

Needless to say, the Madame cannot let these terrors run over this poor village. She will destroy them all if needed.

Now for the best part.

Wings of light burst forth from her back, lifting her slender figure higher and higher into the skies above. She was like a guardian angel, her holy and magnificent figure overlooking the whole village. She was high up in the air, at the center of the village, her position meant to give her a bird's eye view of the situation on the ground.

Now I am ready. These bloody abominations won't know what hit them.

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

She gestured then and her company all nodded in assent. There was another purpose for her flight, she needed to empower her soldiers as well.

Oooh! I'm so excited about this. This is the kind of stuff Holly always dreamed of.

As one, the Madame's squad rose into the sky to join her, sixteen men all directly under her command.

"Here we go boys!" the Madame Linda Linda exclaimed to her troops, "Time to start the fireworks."

At her words, her soldiers began to inspect their rifles, calibrating and checking for any problems. The first strike was always monumental and they needed to make this strike count.

Of course, they aren't the only ones that are excited for the fireworks as the other soldiers soon joined them in the air, their rifles primed and ready. 

While they aren't all clumped in a single spot, the whole army knew to evenly spread their line so that their shots won't interfere with each other.

It won't be long now. Soon.

THE MADAME'S FIRST COMPANY

It was quite the beautiful thing. A hundred soldiers, their rifles all prepped and raring to go.

The horde were a great threat and the Madame was not one to underestimate her opponents. She's had enough underestimating after all. In her past life, she had died multiple times because of it. Now she's more than ready.

She eyed the others. Her loyal soldiers. These are all she had at the moment but more will come. That she was sure of.

It was at this moment without a doubt that she roared at the top of her voice.

"FIRE!"

THE MADAME LINDA LINDA

Perhaps there was some kind of beauty in the art of killing. Or so the Madame was told. All she can see at the moment are the dozens of bullets shot from the rifles of her company.

Like sparkling little gems, these bullets traced a graceful path within the Genesarian night sky before they reached the eldritch horde peltering them with dozens of bullets that hit more like artillery shells.

In one fell swoop, the Madame and her company manage to reduce a portion of the eldritch horde but that was not enough as it seemed.

There were always more and after that initial volley, the horde's march has begun picking up the pace once again.

KHAKINA "KHAKI" KHATUN

The little girl grinned as she faced the approaching eldritch horde. It has been a while since the eldritch abomination within her has consumed upon its own kind. She did have concerns about cannibalism and all but somehow Khakina felt that she differs greatly from these despicable lesser abominations. She was way above them and thus she has no problem devouring every single one of them.

Licking her lips, she raised an arm and soon power gathered withing that outstretched hand. A mix of red lightning, wind, and darkness converged into the form of an ethereal spear. This was the infamous Black Spear, the main offensive skill of all those who were once part of the Blackspear Cartel. There was a flash of nostalgia within Khakina's mind and then she threw the spear forward into the charging horde.

Here they come!

SERRAIDA "SERA" MAVAJO

Anyone who knew Serraida Mavajo would instantly understand what is going through her head right now as her eyes drifted over the mob of eldritch abominations descending from the hills up ahead. The initial volley of attacks the Madame Linda Linda sent as a greeting barely thinned out the endless sea of abominations. 

So bloody. I love it!

She was eager, itching even. The fight will come to her soon and she was more than prepared for it. She was Serraida Mavajo, the mad woman of the battlefield. And this is her moment.

Like Khaki, she too prepared her own spear attack. This time, however, the spear was formed from real lightning mixed with plasma and specks of vibrating iron sand. This was her personal manifestation of the Black Spear. 

Die fuckers!

Grunting, she threw the spear with all her might and the resulting shockwave, only made her bare her fangs even more. 

Annalea Telleon

Anna was once called the "Gentle Blubber Giant". She was a woman whose size is directly proportional to her big heart whose capacity for love was so intense, the woman had been suffering heartaches. Unfortunately, she only has love to give for cakes and pastries. Well, any tasty food will do. 

But not today. Today, she was the food. A plump dish ready to be served for the grumbling mob of eldritch abominations, their hunger-filled expression all directed at this delicacy of a woman.

Poor Anna. Now she knows what it feels like to become food and this memory she kept in heart forever. But not before summoning her own version of the Blackspear. A spear formed from air and water tinged with purple hues of gravitons.

With practiced ease, she let loose of the weapon and watched as the destruction unfolded.

Edited by Thotification

HOLINESS "HOLLY" SHEATHE 

Her eyes burned with fury as she watched the eldritch hordes bore down on her.

The thrill of the fight. This was what the woman known as Holly Sheathe, had been itching for a while now. To fight the good fight. To fight a noble cause.

Not the chance to be the hero. Holly had enough of that. What she wanted was a chance to do what she thinks is right, consequences be damned. 

Was it wrong for her to be here then? In the ruins of Whispernight, thousands of miles away from the land she swore to defend? Protecting strangers she barely knew? And for what?

Whatever the answer was, Holly merely bared her fangs at the notion. She does what she wants after all. Being unable to do so means that she's betraying her own self, her own convictions. 

And so the flames of Sunscar roared to life, converging into a gigantic spear filled with life and fire. This she threw upon the ranks of abominations.

FEEL THE BURNING FLAMES OF MY CONVICTIONS!