supernal

What tangled webs

"I shall word immediately, my lord." The woman before Ampelos answered, before she immediately withdrew a small pocket mirror, flicked it open, and then spoke into it. "Amira, your cousin is here!"

With the slightest hint of a smirk, she clapped the mirror shut, and took a glance over her cousin. "So, this is what we're giving away then?"

What she thought of the trade, or the man subject to such, remain undisclosed as she gestured for him to follow her into the estate itself. Her movements would draw much more visible a reaction from the staff, who scurried about as to find one of their masters to who to report the occurrence.

"You'll have to forgive me if our guests are a little... ill at ease." Amira began an explanation as she settled herself into a particularly plush seat in the corner of an otherwise open hall. "They did not take kindly to my inspection of their estate. I think more for the impoliteness of it - and the freedom with which I wandered about the place - than the humiliation of their son. Then again, that would mean having to admit how easily misled he was."

Amira eased back a bit further, and steepled her fingers. "They'll be useful enough, I imagine. I take it negotiations in Aspyn went well enough?"