Tyler

April Fools Day Chaos

It may be nearly over for some of you in certain parts of the world, but for me it is just beginning. Yes, it is April Fool's Day, when all sorts of utter nonsense goes on and everyone tries desperately to be funny or to fool people. And well, I was thinking, perhaps this would be a fine opportunity to once again showcase my obnoxious, trolling wizard: The Cursor. Additional information here.

What exactly am I proposing? Simple. In honor of today, if any of you want some randomness thrown into your thread, any thread anywhere at all, I will have the Cursor show up and zap your characters. I'll even zap your villains and NPCs if you want. 

So, if anyone is interested in pranking their characters, and/or maybe somebody else's characters too, just reply here with a link to your thread and let me know which characters I'm okay to Curse. The list of available effects is on the Cursor's profile, but I'll share it here again anyway:

Spoiler

1-3 -- Something appropriate for the character (OOC determination)
4-6 -- Character’s head will be on backward
7-11 -- Character’s face will vanish (no speech, sight or smell, can still hear and think)
12-16 -- Sex change
17-18 -- Character will shrink down to a tenth of their normal size
19-20 -- Character will size up to ten-times their normal size
21-24 -- Character will blow up like a balloon and float away
25-26 -- Body becomes immaterial like a ghost or hologram, cannot interact with objects
27-32 -- Fragmentation curse*
33-35 -- Target of curse will swap bodies with the nearest other party member
36-37 -- Age change (choice: child or elderly)
38-47 -- Transformed into a frog or toad
48-51 -- Transformed into a chicken
52-53 -- Transformed into a rodent (choice: mouse, rat, squirrel, chipmunk, rabbit)
54-55 -- Transformed into a bird (choice, excludes birds-of-prey)
56-57 -- Transformed into a farm animal (choice: horse, donkey, pig, cow/bull, sheep, goat)
58-59 -- Transformed into a domestic animal (choice: cat, dog, hamster, goldfish in a bowl)
60-61 -- Transformed into a reptile (choice: snake**, lizard, turtle)
62-63 -- Transformed into a game animal (choice: deer, antelope, wild sheep/goat, wild boar)
64-65 -- Transformed into a sea creature (choice: fish, crab, squid/octopus, marine mammal)***
66-67 -- Transformed into a freshwater fish (choice: sport fish, carp, crayfish, panfish)***
68-69 -- Transformed into a tree (based on local flora)
70-71 -- Transformed into a plant (based on local flora)
72-73 -- Transformed into a vegetable or fruit (author choice)
74-77 -- Transformed into a pumpkin
78-79 -- Transformed into a mushroom -- another player can eat them for a 1-Up! (just kidding)
80-81 -- Transformed into a statue (author choice of material)
82-83 -- Transformed into a weapon (author choice)
84-85 -- Transformed into a tool (author choice)
86-87 -- Transformed into a misc object (author choice)
88-90 -- Compressed into geometric shape (choice: sphere, cube, cylinder)****
90-93 -- Drunkenness
94-95 -- Hallucinations
96-97 -- Victim cannot tell a lie or cannot tell the truth (author choice)
98-99 -- Victim will obey any command given to them by any person
100 -- Rain cloud will hover over victim and rain on them

*  - The victim’s body will disassemble, meaning the arms, legs and head will detach from the torso. If roll spread is more than five, the arms and legs will also fragment at the elbows, wrists, knees and ankles. No blood; the severed sections will be covered with skin. All the body parts will continue to function as normal, only without the benefit of the fully connected body.

**  - Only a smaller snake that is not a venomous snake or a large constrictor. Must be relatively harmless.

***  - Only if near a saltwater body or a freshwater body, respectively. If the characters are not currently near accessible water, you may reroll.

****  - In this circumstance, the body would retain its normal elements, just be compressed into that particular shape. I guess it’s up to your imagination how that would manifest!

Note: For transformation spells, the effects will be applied in the form of more children’s cartoon style of transformation, that is, think of how they are handled in thinks like a Disney movie or an anime. The character will remain fully awake and conscious regardless of the form they take, and will likewise retain elements of their normal form. For example, human hair, human eyes, possibly a full human face (on plants or objects), skin coloration, and their clothing and gear being refitted to their new form. Not necessarily all of those need apply, just imagine most of them do. This is partially so the character can continue to interact to a degree, and so the other characters don’t lose them (unless they intentionally want to leave them behind), and partially just because that’s my personal preference. Deal with it.

Alternatively, I can use @amenities's Curse List as well, though I prefer to use my own.

Alright people, let's make April Fools out of characters, damn it!

This year's April Fools felt kinda dull for me, so... I do hope no one would object if I order 1 pc. of prank magic for my character - just for sh*ts and giggles.

The thread is Bloodwatch Base [Hub] [Furthest Point], the target is Vlad Nassar, the wandering technician a.k.a. my character.

Edited by P.N.See

30 minutes ago, P.N.See said:

This year's April Fools felt kinda dull for me, so... I do hope no one would object if I order 1 pc. of prank magic for my character - just for sh*ts and giggles.

The thread is Bloodwatch Base [Hub] [Furthest Point], the target is Vlad Nassar, the wandering technician a.k.a. my character.

Coming right up!

Edit: It is done.

Edited by Tyler