Jotnotes

Back to Square One

Just in case nobody noticed: I posted!
Sorry it took me so long. I didn't notice it was my turn due to extreme business and routine changes! It's school holidays here, but I'm still trying to do tons with the school musical. And I think there was some reluctance to post due to the brain power required, but now that I've made the first one I'm very keen to keep going, lol.
@Vetanoobhow's your life going? Have the twins emerged from hyperspace yet? 😉 

On 9/27/2019 at 10:21 AM, Venus Sprite said:

Just in case nobody noticed: I posted!
Sorry it took me so long. I didn't notice it was my turn due to extreme business and routine changes! It's school holidays here, but I'm still trying to do tons with the school musical. And I think there was some reluctance to post due to the brain power required, but now that I've made the first one I'm very keen to keep going, lol.
@Vetanoobhow's your life going? Have the twins emerged from hyperspace yet? 😉 

It's okay! We all understand how a bitch life can be sometimes. 🙂 

I'm fine! No worries. I just ended my reservist training and back home so i'll be able to post within the next 24 hours. 

My twin babies will be delivering on 15th October via Cesarean so I'm just hoping for a smooth delivery. 🙏

Hey guys! 

I'll post soon so thanks for tolerating my absences inbetween posts!

My wife just recently given birth to our twin daughters so I've been hightailing it in and out between home and the hospital these past couple of days. 

They're names are Olivia and Octavia btw. 😄

On 10/11/2019 at 5:00 AM, Vetanoob said:

Hey guys! 

My wife just recently given birth to our twin daughters so I've been hightailing it in and out between home and the hospital these past couple of days. 

Congrats, m'dude! Holy heck!

On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, Vetanoob said:

Hey guys! 

Congratulations! That was earlier than expected, wasn't it? How's their mum doing?

On 10/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, Jotnotes said:

Congrats, m'dude! Holy heck!

16 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

Congratulations! That was earlier than expected, wasn't it? How's their mum doing?

Thanks guys! 😄 

My wife's doing fine. She's going to discharge from the hospital tomorrow and our nanny's gonna arrive tomorrow afternoon as well. 

So it's gonna be a tad busy. I'll try my best to keep to this thread as I'll be gradually wrapping up my other threads and focusing on just this one while everything settles down at home. 

So apologies in advance if i take abit longer to post! 😞 

“At least seven,” Torie said, getting her breath back and wiggling out of the dead salamander’s grip. She stood up with a groan and looked about, her gaze lingering between Shank’s wound above the hip and Aaric’s bloodied arm.

“Uh-oh,” she said.

“Dragoness, mighty Trashkill, you heal Shank!” said the brown salamander.

“I can’t heal anyone,” she said, but then stopped. Her fur was still wet from where Aaric had emptied the bottle over it, and the wound itself was feeling quite good. At least, compared to how it had.

“Shank, come here,” she said.

Shank walked over boldly, despite the injury leaking blood down his chicken leg.

“Press your wound against my coat here,” she said, looking down as best she could with a tilt of her many chins. Shank was smart. He did so without question.

“It stings,” he said. “It stings good.”

“It’s working.” She smiled at her ‘subject.’ “Aaric, how’s your arm? That stuff you brought is great. Next time though we should soak some bandages in it, rather than just pour it everywhere.” She grinned at him in gratitude, then winced at the gash across her cheek and ear. “If you’ve got another one then Shank’s face and your arm could do with some healing too,” she said. “But don’t worry about me anymore. I can heal myself, once the fighting’s over.”

Just then there was a hiss from the mine, and in the darkness Torie spied more movement. At least four salamanders, shoulder-to-shoulder and spanning from wall-to-wall, spears at the ready.

“More company,” she said, in a quieter tone. “Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll break their line. Then everyone charge.”

19 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

“At least seven,” Torie said, getting her breath back and wiggling out of the dead salamander’s grip. She stood up with a groan and looked about, her gaze lingering between Shank’s wound above the hip and Aaric’s bloodied arm.

“Uh-oh,” she said.

“Dragoness, mighty Trashkill, you heal Shank!” said the brown salamander.

“I can’t heal anyone,” she said, but then stopped. Her fur was still wet from where Aaric had emptied the bottle over it, and the wound itself was feeling quite good. At least, compared to how it had.

“Shank, come here,” she said.

Shank walked over boldly, despite the injury leaking blood down his chicken leg.

“Press your wound against my coat here,” she said, looking down as best she could with a tilt of her many chins. Shank was smart. He did so without question.

“It stings,” he said. “It stings good.”

“It’s working.” She smiled at her ‘subject.’ “Aaric, how’s your arm? That stuff you brought is great. Next time though we should soak some bandages in it, rather than just pour it everywhere.” She grinned at him in gratitude, then winced at the gash across her cheek and ear. “If you’ve got another one then Shank’s face and your arm could do with some healing too,” she said. “But don’t worry about me anymore. I can heal myself, once the fighting’s over.”

Just then there was a hiss from the mine, and in the darkness Torie spied more movement. At least four salamanders, shoulder-to-shoulder and spanning from wall-to-wall, spears at the ready.

“More company,” she said, in a quieter tone. “Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll break their line. Then everyone charge.”

Great post, fam!

Could you post it in the other thread, though? 😮