Jotnotes

Back to Square One

1 minute ago, Venus Sprite said:

Sorry I didn't interact with Aaric much this turn, Vetanoob! I didn't want to break the flow by splitting Torie's attention too much. We'll talk more later 😄

No worries! As long as the story keeps moving I'm happy with it! :P

Alright my goons, I'll be posting the next set piece tomorrow after work (or perhaps before, if I wake up early!)

This new setpiece will feature some minor detail of Vdara, and the markets we pass through, a few places of interest, and a list of the potential bounties we can undertake. You're all free, of course, to discuss what you'd like to participate in. If you'd like to make a detour and grab things, or go shopping for a bit, or perhaps even investigate a building, let me know. We'll adjust the course and take a look at it! I have no qualms about taking our time with this thread; let's be inquisitive and let our imaginations take us somewhere. After all, you're usually in the Dragon Kingdom of Vdara only once or twice in a lifetime. It's worth poking around a bit.

Ok, so are you wanting to post the follow up before we post?

I must admit, I wish we took the journey a little slower. Torie would have been happy to pay for a cart and chat along the way! But there's advantages to taking it slowly too. Though I have no idea what to do with a cart full of kobolds!

3 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

Ok, so are you wanting to post the follow up before we post?

I must admit, I wish we took the journey a little slower. Torie would have been happy to pay for a cart and chat along the way! But there's advantages to taking it slowly too. Though I have no idea what to do with a cart full of kobolds!

Well, an hour-long walk doesn't seem like something this party would be up for, so I wanted to give us a valid reason to have a wagon. However, I was worried that you two wouldn't know how to deal with the kobolds, or what to do. If you'd like to take our time with dealing with the kobolds, and the upcoming ride, then we can definitely do that. I just didn't want to lose anyone's interest in the thread.

2 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

Well, an hour-long walk doesn't seem like something this party would be up for, so I wanted to give us a valid reason to have a wagon. However, I was worried that you two wouldn't know how to deal with the kobolds, or what to do. If you'd like to take our time with dealing with the kobolds, and the upcoming ride, then we can definitely do that. I just didn't want to lose anyone's interest in the thread.

Hmm.... By your description of kobolds I assume you mean these guys right?

mining-kobolds.jpg

I found this picture from this website.

If they are what the website says they are, this will be an interesting encounter. 😛 

7 minutes ago, Vetanoob said:

Hmm.... By your description of kobolds I assume you mean these guys right?

mining-kobolds.jpg

I found this picture from this website.

If they are what the website says they are, this will be an interesting encounter. 😛 

I think Jotnotes is referring to the more board gamey kind of kobolds found here:  https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Kobold

The kobolds in question are very much dragon-like beings. Short and stubby, like the table-top folks.

A page on them can be found here (written by me):

Anyway, I did want to write a second post, to sort of move us past this encounter (because I felt it was difficult to work with) but you both seem pretty enthusiastic about dealing with them, so if you two want, you're free to post now! Have your fun with the kobolds, and we'll move through it together.

These are, by the way, quite well-made arrows. They're probably owned by somebody more clever than the kobolds.