supernal

Where was your character born?

2 hours ago, supernal said:

DAMN Benaires is ancient 

Let me ask you this as someone who plays an ancient character - do you have an explanation in mind about how Ben is able to handle so many memories or do memories get pruned or what's the deal there? 

Good question lol. I don't GET many questions about Benaires personal attributes Bossman.

Wow, that's the FIRST time someone's asked me a question that I had to really EXPLAIN, lol.

Let's see....Well, to break things down:

Depending on Bloodline (s), evolution, training, growth rate, ect., DAICHONS take approximate 22, 345 years to AGE what is EQAUL to ONE EARTHIAN Year. So, Ben is ACTUALLY TWO Years old. Memories are transmitted directly into their minds via The Ancestral Pattern; (Uhm, the Ancestral Pattern is like a gateway that is Multi-planar and is anchored to the Geostratum Of Antiquity.)

Dreams, thoughts, ideas, fears, ect, are normally transmitted and shared from creature to creature all throughout the Hall Of Chrio. Moresoever like Radio-Waves basically. I.E. it is similar to how downloading a movie or  a song through Wi-Fi is done or through a LAN. That data can be stored on any kind of Storage Media. All of this takes years upon years of training, for which is why their brains are NOT in their skulls; there is just Cranial fluid there!! The actual BRAIN has retreated deep into their skeleton and is protected by a very thick membrane. This is ONE of the reasons why their blood has the viscosity of SAE 10-W30 Motor Oli. They have more than ONE heart to MOVE that thick blood around. In other words, a DAICHONS's brain is capable to backing UP said memories and retrieving them for "Remembering" events and the like.

memories can be accessed at any time, any place and for any reason.  That's the SHORT Form of it, lol!!! Hope that helps. I need to put up a Bestiary about my character's entire race and back ground so readers can understand them a bit better but since the basement flooded in 2009, 70 percent of my notes were lost. =(

Benny

Yes, to keep things short and sweet; EXACTLY like it. Even the force from Phlegathon and Phlegathon Tower is somehow connected and anchored to the Ancestral Pattern.  Emotions can't be saved though; that comes NATURALLY. Fears can be REMEMBERED, based on data from past experience.  Hope that helps!!!

Benny

I'm going to take this opportunity to engage members with the random questions that come to mind when I read profiles

https://www.valucre.com/topic/42195-designation-bandit/?tab=comments#comment-762136

You!

I see your character is born in Blairville, which is nice! Already answered the first question

The second question to you - given the character's lean towards the tech sector, why Blairville and not say Hell's Gate?

Born?

...you mean 'decanted', right?

The answer, either way, is 'on the shores of a lake in a now-defunct Crossroads-type dimensional meeting-place'.  Apparently, there were goings on immediately afterwards due to biologically-engineered circumstances beyond anyone's control at the time.  There was a lot of laughter from someone-or-other, but I can't really recall all of the rest of the details without some kind of blatant bribery...

7 minutes ago, Ghorroj said:

Born?

...you mean 'decanted', right?

The answer, either way, is 'on the shores of a lake in a now-defunct Crossroads-type dimensional meeting-place'.  Apparently, there were goings on immediately afterwards due to biologically-engineered circumstances beyond anyone's control at the time.  There was a lot of laughter from someone-or-other, but I can't really recall all of the rest of the details without some kind of blatant bribery...

Are Likes a fungible form of currency? 

8 minutes ago, supernal said:

Are Likes a fungible form of currency? 

That's an interesting word.  Made me think of mushrooms, for some reason.

Honestly, I was hoping for someone's stolen trousers, snacks, directions to the nearest orphanage or old-people's-home, or a selection of dog biscuits.  I suppose a Like will do.

Ask.

Or wait until I finish putting that Bio up on my profile.  I'll get there.  Eventually.

Edited by Ghorroj

23 hours ago, supernal said:

The second question to you - given the character's lean towards the tech sector, why Blairville and not say Hell's Gate?

Blariville seemed like the perfect place for Bandit to be from - he's a rough and tough dude (and Blairville's short on laws and not so short on people making their own rules) so it made sense for him to grow up somewhere like that. It's also a Sky-port, so it explains why he made his OAM flight-capable and there's enough of a military presence there that it explains why he got into the military. Him also not being as magically inclined as your average Blairviller would give reason enough as to why he left.

I also like the distinct District-based cultures the city has, and I'm probably gonna add some flavour to him regarding that. 

Edited by Samø

My First Lieutenant in the Terran military, Barrett appears to be an imp.

But in fact he is a hyper-reproductive sentient algae called barrettia chlorophyta.

I am fine tuning the specifics through story,  but he is the amalgam of all this algae that exists. Barrettia was created from bacteria which rapidly cooled when Shawnee Glacier overtook the Wastelands.

Ananias/Ana: Unknown. Which is to say, s/he doesn't even know for sure. S/He remembers where he first gained enough mass to become sentient; a rocky point above a rocky ocean shoreline during a red tide. Where specifically is anyone's guess. S/He's ancient, like Benny's character; so ancient that s/he was once in a relationship with an 8000-year-old vampire and felt kind of self-conscious about the age difference in his/her favor. Unlike Benny, memories get pruned as the cells that make up the body divide and/or die, so his/her history is mostly pretty fuzzy and general as far as s/he's concerned. There's definitely SOME memory transfer between cells, because none of them are old enough by themselves to carry the memory of gaining consciousness, but how it works is anyone's guess. S/He's never encountered another creature quite like him/her, but s/he'd be very happy to if only to compare notes. 

S/He likes going to old libraries and museums, looking for relics of events that s/he had some hand in. Like ancient scrapbooking. 

Al "Kaboomba" Pickayune: Near Nich'e in a little town called Gnomivania (now ruins).

Vetiver: Last Chance

Leo: Patia... wait.... 😶 WTF happened to Patia?  Ok, fine, he was born in Asheville.... ?? DUDE! Asheville's gone too!  Uh... shoot, ok, so like screw it, he was born in.... uh.... Doughton. 

1 minute ago, Veloci-Rapture said:

Leo: Patia... wait.... 😶 WTF happened to Patia?  Ok, fine, he was born in Asheville.... ?? DUDE! Asheville's gone too!  Uh... shoot, ok, so like screw it, he was born in.... uh.... Doughton. 

Those locations either aren’t around or exist but aren’t on the map but even so they existed historically. So even if ashville is going listing it as a birthplace for several years / decades ago would be historically accurate 

I don’t know how much of that was for (well deserved) lols but wanted to massage (mollify + assuage) those concerns