OBELUS

What will you learn?

>EXAMINE RIVER

The river is roughly a hundred feet away from you. Rocks and reeds line the riverbank, crackling like TV static.The water looks like aluminum foil.

As you look, a splash liquid spills up and over the edge of the riverbank, pooling towards your direction. It appears almost expectant.

> EXAMINE UNDER-THING CORPSE

Even in death, the Under-Thing is fearsome to look at. A salty, metallic stench permeates the air as you approach. Its skin is moist, glistening with slimy scales. Its eyes stare blankly into nothingness. One forelimb has been bent at an odd angle, severed neatly by Kail's attack. On closer inspection, the Under-Thing's feet are three-toed, a thin membrane stretching between each digit. Each toe ends in a wickedly sharp talon.

Some of its fangs have broken off from where it bit Kail's shield. These are scattered on the ground, a strange, opalescent white.

Edited by OBELUS

> SUMMON GLASS WATER

A twisting wave of water snakes towards you, seeping through the cracks of the parched soil. It flows up, washing over your hand to coil around the glass water dart. It forms a thick rod five feet long, weightless as it hovers in midair.

You gain the certainty that it will take any shape you will it to >TRANSFORM.

Item obtained: Glass water rod

52 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

🤔 just reminding everyone that each post is 200 word max! I’ve been writing 15-min posts, manageable even during a short break in between switching tasks in my day. We had some momentum going but it seems to have slowed.

Yes, yes! I haven't been posting as much as everyone, so I'll try my best to squeeze in a few short posts here and there from here on out 🙏 I'll be posting hopefully later!

You’re lucky that you can write 200 words in 15 minutes. I envy you. But yeah, good reminder, I’ve been seeing some 200+ word posts.

As for me, I’ll have a post up (maybe two) after work tomorrow. I’ve had no time this weekend due to work, studying, a final exam, and other smaller responsibilities.

> GET UNDER-THING TOOTH

You pick up one of the glistening fangs. It almost dwarfs your hand with its size. The root provides a decent grip- this would make a good knife.

Item obtained: Under-Thing Fang

> GET UNDER-THING FOOT

With a few sharp tugs and the sound of ripping flesh, the foot comes off, along with the rest of the leg. Where the toes drag across the ground, the soil ripples gently.

Item obtained: Under-Thing Leg

> EXAMINE SHADOW

The telescope pivots in that direction, adjusting its magnification for you. The object in the distance comes into focus: You see tall buildings with brightly-lit windows- a settlement of some sort.

The air and the ground within looks of a different quality than that you have been travelling in.