King

Genesaris: World Building Opportunities

6 hours ago, Deus Ex Aizen said:

^o^ Super duper down to collab! Am happy to reveal my master plans.

I'd be happy to hear them out. Seeing as the ungoverned land has seen the most interest, I'd be interested to see the other plans besides the amphibian anthromorph plan (good plan btw) there is since I have an interested party willing to invest in their neighbors.

6 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

I'd be happy to hear them out. Seeing as the ungoverned land has seen the most interest, I'd be interested to see the other plans besides the amphibian anthromorph plan (good plan btw) there is since I have an interested party willing to invest in their neighbors.

Since I draft out my thoughts and such, I hid it under a spoiler but that's pretty much the gist of what I'm going for as a whole on my end!

Spoiler

Here's the original idea, abstract:

Anything in ** ** is merely just plug in names and aren't subject to being set in stone for obvious reasons, but I have been actively taking votes based on various names!

The **Island of Santado** has two distinct faces: there’s the smooth tourist countenance that is typical of Genesarian island hospitality; and there’s Santado proper--a pretty gritty city, second only to Alethea in terms of status and chaos. Most of the island's fame lies outside the urban core in the fancy suburb of **Matuga**. Stay in the city, however, and you’re faced with an entirely different proposition – a riot of cacophonous debauchery and bustling humanity that offers an unscripted and uncensored slice of Genearsian life, warts and all.

With its dilapidated architecture, unkempt parks and vibrant street life, **Santado's** touristy side has a laid-back feel and considerable charm in parts. It is most renowned for the exotic wild hunting preserve and refuge--an exhilarating chance to encounter Genesaris' most dangerous creatures. The City of **Matuga** is the centerfold of the city's illicit trades, including but not limited to smuggling, extortion, slavery, and prostitution.

The Hunting Reserve and Wildlife Refuge Concept (initially meant for Port Kyros; Also known as Project TOTAL DRAGON ISLAND):

Seven Island Environments that vary (jungle, desert, swamp, cave, etc…)

Exotic Creature per environment to quest and hunt for (Storyteller optional)

Graded based on group/solo effort as per Hyperion's Quest Rubric

Rewards are based on Rubric Score

a)      The higher the score, the greater the reward

Users can also “breed” new species to facilitate lore creation and RP their arcs

a)      The higher the quest level, the rarer the species

b)     S-Level Breeding takes more time and effort than A, B, or C, etc--level Breeding

Can create opportunities to share new species and quest loot across the continent

Open up more THRIVE Quests

**Matuga** can create a fun opportunity for total drama, debauchery and fun! (looking at you, Hurttoto, Dolor!)

And **Santado** would be a great place for new creatures (I see you, Maverick!) to either coexist on the island or be part of the Hunt-n-Preserve

@Deus Ex Aizen I can see the characters I had in mind fitting into the idea that was posed.

Just so everyone knows, I plan on having some members of the Scientific Division within Illyria join on in to benefit from studying any new species, collect any new resources (ore, magical artifacts, information), and establish a permanent deal with whatever structure ends up in place both on this ungoverned island as well as the one under Carmine rule. I will likely be looking for some people to actually play some Illyrians soon so if anyone is interested let me know 👀

collaboration is a wonderful thing 😍 fantastic idea, @Deus Ex Aizen! i've a similar idea, but more, uh, money-oriented and materialistic-ish? 😂

Spoiler

a conglomeration of mercenary factions, syndicates, and enterprises uniting under one banner to form a plutocratic society—a city named Avarra (meaning covetous, greedy, avaricious; still a temporary name, however!)—seeking to delve the depths of Arlais' ruins to obtain artifacts and fund adventurer endeavors for sport (making use of @King's original lore for Arlais Island) 😊

keywords:

• dark fantasy
  • "hunger games treasure hunting" - according to @Csl 😂
  • in-depth interaction (NPCs, locations, etc)
  • open-world exploration

some established ideas:

• possible D&D-style/in-depth quests for both artifacts/resources (material-oriented) and uncovering the island's lore (story-oriented)
  • mercenary syndicates that offer varying forms of boons or sponsorships to adventurers who work under their banner
  • at the top of Avarra's hierarchy, a deranged(?) gamemaster/CEO character who oversees the island for mercenary sport, who wants to delve for the riches of Arlais' lost treasures under the guise of paid exploration and hired bands of explorers (where most of the incoming IC activity will be coming from) 

Are there any others interested in Arlais? Let's collaborate~ 👀

Edited by vielle

On 4/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, vielle said:

collaboration is a wonderful thing 😍 fantastic idea, @Deus Ex Aizen! i've a similar idea, but more, uh, money-oriented and materialistic-ish? 😂

Reveal hidden contents

a conglomeration of mercenary factions, syndicates, and enterprises uniting under one banner to form a plutocratic society—a city named Avarra (meaning covetous, greedy, avaricious; still a temporary name, however!)—seeking to delve the depths of Arlais' ruins to obtain artifacts and fund adventurer endeavors for sport (making use of @King's original lore for Arlais Island) 😊

keywords:

• dark fantasy
  • "hunger games treasure hunting" - according to @Csl 😂
  • in-depth interaction (NPCs, locations, etc)
  • open-world exploration

some established ideas:

• possible D&D-style/in-depth quests for both artifacts/resources (material-oriented) and uncovering the island's lore (story-oriented)
  • mercenary syndicates that offer varying forms of boons or sponsorships to adventurers who work under their banner
  • at the top of Avarra's hierarchy, a deranged(?) gamemaster/CEO character who oversees the island for mercenary sport, who wants to delve for the riches of Arlais' lost treasures under the guise of paid exploration and hired bands of explorers (where most of the incoming IC activity will be coming from) 

Are there any others interested in Arlais? Let's collaborate~ 👀

You have a m a z i n g ideas so I'm not even surprised! King and I are super duper excited to see what you and CSL do for Crystallo Stella!

On 4/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, King said:

Any update on the unnamed island?

As of today (04/19/2019), Arlais will be under @vielle's oversight. If you have any questions, please direct them to her. 

No official agreement so far but I'll likely reach out privately and see what can be done.

I'm knocking out landing pages on my to-do list so if no one else has anything else they wanna contribute, I can add it and knock it out after Stovehaven.