danzilla3

Ruin (A Hyperion Event)

A bargain was struck, and ruin is upon us.

A strange new epidemic has swept through Hyperion’s walls and has steadily destabilized the population. At first it was just an odd occurrence over the skies of Arcadia district; shards of a mirror possessing a strange sheen raining down gently on those below. In less than twenty-four hours, the true nature of those shards was revealed.
Those who had taken hold of them began to lose themselves; becoming mindlessly violent at best, and gleefully sadistic at worst. Soon the district was in chaos as its inhabitants turned on each other. A quarantine zone was quickly established, but there are civilians remaining who cannot get out by themselves.
Prince Grant has organized an expedition to rescue as many of those trapped within as possible within twenty four hours. But unbeknownst to him, the ones who started this madness now move to the next stage of their plan…
--
This is a Crisis level T.H.R.I.V.E. Expedition, where the goal is to combat the plague-ridden while mapping out a safe route to an extraction point for trapped citizens in each District. Each District will see varying threats they must overcome.

Here’s what we’re looking for!

Five major baddies: You’re going to be a boss-level antagonist with the choice between playing a plague-ridden, or simply someone looking to take advantage of the chaos and kick someone’s sand castle down. You will have the option to NPC the plague-ridden alongside @Rin and @danzilla3
Six major heroes: We need defenders of the citizens of Hyperion! You will have to work together to fend off the plague-ridden and create a safe path to an extraction point. The Empire will be indebted to you, and you may find yourself with quite the award if you are able to complete this mission. Hyperion has many wondrous artifacts that are in need of a rightful, heroic owner…
For all questions concerning the plague and its nature, please tag Rin in Hyperion’s AMA thread.

Spoiler

Reworked this for clarity.

@Deus Ex Aizen @Rin @danzilla3

Edited by danzilla3

I'm playing on the bad side, since I started with Claudette.

Also, this is so cool. My first time in a big event in another land to change it lol

4 minutes ago, Rin said:

I'm playing on the bad side, since I started with Claudette.

Also, this is so cool. My first time in a big event in another land to change it lol

Dan, Hound and I are currently RPing offsite for some lore that ties into this and we'll be importing it in when we finish with it. The semester ends in a few weeks, Hound and I are going to Jordancon together in Atlanta with a mutual friend of ours. I will likely have a few summer classes, and then my availability will spring back.

1 hour ago, Deus Ex Aizen said:

Dan, Hound and I are currently RPing offsite for some lore that ties into this and we'll be importing it in when we finish with it. The semester ends in a few weeks, Hound and I are going to Jordancon together in Atlanta with a mutual friend of ours. I will likely have a few summer classes, and then my availability will spring back.

Awesome