supernal

Looking for a TOL mentor

Are you interested in a continuous, low pressure opportunity to engage with new writers?

Are you interested in helping grow and strengthen the Valucre community and assisting new members in understanding and navigating the site? 

If those sound like you then you may be interested in becoming a mentor at the tavern of legends.

What does it take? Here are the essentials:

1. That you actively engage new members in the TOL roleplay thread and ooc thread, cycling through NPCs as appropriate (a bus boy, the bartender, the weapons check guard, etc; anything listed on the first post of that you can think of) 
    1. You'll have support from me and other staff
  2. So as to keep new members actively engaged your posts should be on the faster but shorter end of the response time and post length spectrum 
    1. A short post every 1-2 days is preferred
  3. That you guide new members either to TOL quests, which they can complete by themselves or with other new members, or to areas in the greater Valucre area that you think suit their tastes and interests. If you have the time and interest to play NPCs in their quests that’s fine / even better! But not expected

If you’re interested let me know! 

27 minutes ago, supernal said:

I’ve gotten some tentative future interest but nothing concrete 

If nothing concrete turns up by the time Steam heads off, I'll have a go until he comes back.

...assuming that's okay with you, and that he wants the job back when he returns.

1 hour ago, Ghorroj said:

If nothing concrete turns up by the time Steam heads off, I'll have a go until he comes back.

...assuming that's okay with you, and that he wants the job back when he returns.

This would be stellar 

On 4/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, Ghorroj said:

By heading off I assume you mean my mental health break? I've found a way to take it and still reply. As for the job of ToL mentor? I will happily keep my place.

Side note: @supernal is there anyway to get my unnamed bartender as part of the small time staff?

9 minutes ago, SteamWarden said:

By heading off I assume you mean my mental health break? I've found a way to take it and still reply. As for the job of ToL mentor? I will happily keep my place.

Side note: @supernal is there anyway to get my unnamed bartender as part of the small time staff?

You can just keep playing them as such. Listing them as the staff in the first post would make them a shared resource that any TOL mentor can use or that any player can NPC. So it’s better off the way it is currently - with shared resources listed there and mentors able to use whatever characters the wish 

If you mean just IC considered an employee then for sure. That’s how I consider any character the mentors play 

Are there any mentors in the TOL right now? I'm looking to do something casual, lighthearted, short, and which advances someone else's backstory (rather than my own), so thought I might see if there's a TOL mentor slot for maybe a month or two! I see that the last post is more than 2 weeks ago.

(Of course, that's also if there are any new members for me to serve in the thread)

18 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Are there any mentors in the TOL right now? I'm looking to do something casual, lighthearted, short, and which advances someone else's backstory (rather than my own), so thought I might see if there's a TOL mentor slot for maybe a month or two! I see that the last post is more than 2 weeks ago.

(Of course, that's also if there are any new members for me to serve in the thread)

There are two right now. The TOL hasn’t gotten lots of activity lately but am HAPPY to add you to the mentor list for as long as you’re willing to be listed 

2 minutes ago, supernal said:

The TOL hasn’t gotten lots of activity lately

Talking of which: is it okay if I put up an exit post in that particular thread?  I can't remember whether I'm still allowed to post there, or if my time's up yet.

5 minutes ago, supernal said:

There are two right now. The TOL hasn’t gotten lots of activity lately but am HAPPY to add you to the mentor list for as long as you’re willing to be listed 

Okay! I’ll probably start up a ‘new day’ for anyone new who wants to come in haha!

3 minutes ago, Ghorroj said:

Talking of which: is it okay if I put up an exit post in that particular thread?  I can't remember whether I'm still allowed to post there, or if my time's up yet.

I believe it’s within 90 days, so you can still post there!

10 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

Okay! I’ll probably start up a ‘new day’ for anyone new who wants to come in haha!

Sounds good! 

8 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

I believe it’s within 90 days, so you can still post there!

And already doing that mentor thing! Immediate ROI