paradigm

Alterion Artifacts [Looking For Input]

Standardized Artifact Rules

The old artifact thread can be found Here. Given that this is woefully out of date and the revamp of the artifact system, I’m looking to slim down my current artifact list to 13 items. Of the current list the following have made the cut, i’d Love input from you folks on 1) if any others should be included or (and preferably) 2) What sort of artifacts would you be interested in hunting in a Alterion. 

This is not only an opportunity for you to create some unique and  cool weaponry but to directly alter the lore of Alterion as all artifacts will Have a substantial lore connection. 

1. decay blades
  2. fenrisulfr
  3. the highwind
  4. jormungandr
  5. the minotaur
  6. radiant mantle
  7. riva's greatsword
Edited by paradigm

46 minutes ago, supernal said:

So in essence we, as members, can think of this as our opportunity to vote on the artifacts from the list we want to see stick around? 

Correct and/or suggest an artifact that you feel isn’t represented elsewhere in Valucre.

4 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

I would maybe like to see tech-related stuff! Maybe like augmentations, or outright cybernetic limbs or mechanized companions etc. That’s also from my own impression that Alterion is heavy on tech (not 100% sure if that impression is accurate)

I’ve been toying with the idea of cybernetic talismans (think a ghost from Destiny). These little constructs of magic and science that would bind with an individual and allow them particular feats.  I was initially thinking ability wise it would be on par with the DC power rings 

ie.

green represents will power, in addition to being able to conjure whatever you imagine via energy you’d have a type of Jedi-mind trick ability. These are definitely not the droids your looking for. 

yellow - fear - energy conjuration, instill fear (some scarecrow level shit) 

red - rage- energy conjuration, manipulate someone’s rage, you could easily turn a party into a bloodbath with a few words and never lift a finger.

Edited by paradigm

I have a suggestion:  The Bottled Ocean.

Literally a temporally-frozen ocean contained within a simple crystal bottle, about the size of a brandy decanter, that, once broken, releases its contents and undoes the time-stop shenanigans on them.  Carved into the crystal bottle itself, in an unknown language that is nevertheless instantly translated within the reader's mind is the legend "Product contains: salt water, fish, corals, seaweeds, 1-whirlpool-creating seamonster, 1 breeding-pair of kraken, 1 Leviathan (you don't need more than one.  Trust us).  May contain peanuts or nut-related products.  Check with your apothecary before use if pregnant or unable to swim."

It'd be a single-use artifact, naturally, and might cause problems for whoever uses it if they don't have a rowboat at the very least.

As a weapon, it'd be an army-stopping, last-resort kind of thing.  It'd probably be in the 'Apocalyptic' category, going by the original thread...

Edit:  Another thought occurs.  If the bottle itself was hard to break, then owners might be tempted to use it as an emergency bludgeoning weapon, especially if it had some advantages in doing so.  The disadvantage being, of course, that if they manage to shatter it accidentally, then they have to deal with a sudden ocean and (potentially) sea monsters.  If it shattered in a dungeon, or in a castle, with narrow corridors then it might even add to the scene a little and the Lore a lot...

Edited by Ghorroj

On 4/17/2019 at 2:40 AM, Ghorroj said:

I have a suggestion:  The Bottled Ocean.

Literally a temporally-frozen ocean contained within a simple crystal bottle, about the size of a brandy decanter, that, once broken, releases its contents and undoes the time-stop shenanigans on them.  Carved into the crystal bottle itself, in an unknown language that is nevertheless instantly translated within the reader's mind is the legend "Product contains: salt water, fish, corals, seaweeds, 1-whirlpool-creating seamonster, 1 breeding-pair of kraken, 1 Leviathan (you don't need more than one.  Trust us).  May contain peanuts or nut-related products.  Check with your apothecary before use if pregnant or unable to swim."

It'd be a single-use artifact, naturally, and might cause problems for whoever uses it if they don't have a rowboat at the very least.

As a weapon, it'd be an army-stopping, last-resort kind of thing.  It'd probably be in the 'Apocalyptic' category, going by the original thread...

Edit:  Another thought occurs.  If the bottle itself was hard to break, then owners might be tempted to use it as an emergency bludgeoning weapon, especially if it had some advantages in doing so.  The disadvantage being, of course, that if they manage to shatter it accidentally, then they have to deal with a sudden ocean and (potentially) sea monsters.  If it shattered in a dungeon, or in a castle, with narrow corridors then it might even add to the scene a little and the Lore a lot...

For some reason I cannot stop laughing at the imagery of someone using this on some unsuspecting arrogant  opponent for the one shot and the BFR lol...I'd be livid if I got caught with this lmao.

34 minutes ago, THE_BULL said:

For some reason I cannot stop laughing at the imagery of someone using this on some unsuspecting arrogant  opponent for the one shot and the BFR lol...I'd be livid if I got caught with this lmao.

That is the exact reason for it.  A joke that is, at exactly the same time, the kind of apocalyptic weapon that would stop someone in their tracks.  It's why I'd recommend that there only ever be one, and when it's used with its one-shot power it's gone.  It might also help with Lore a little if the Ocean drowns a kingdom, and treasure hunters have to battle kraken, whirlpools and a leviathan to get treasures from the crystal-clear, horribly tempting, oceanic depths.

...which may contain nuts.

Edited by Ghorroj