supernal

Fun names you've encountered

Share them!

Some of my own I've especially liked: Twizzen and Walmart

From outside my own brain I liked Tyler's Rodan character because it reminds me of Rodin. Notwithstanding my adoration for the Thinker, the similarity between the two and Rodan being a "flesh sculptor" to Rodin's "actual not-gross sculptor" gave me a 🙂

I didn't find this character here, but I had someone who named his character Sir Culus.
Culus is "ass" in latin; basically, that character was pretty self-explanatory: he was a crook, a liar, an ass to everyone and so on. Too bad he was incinerated.

Edited by The Fire Heart

Favourite name?

Lord Touch-Me.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Other names include: Fairy Poopsie, Whirligig, and Buku-Buku Chagama.  That last one apparently means 'bubbling teakettle', but I honestly prefer the almost-poetry of the untranslated name whenever the characters in Overlord say it.

I did not expect one of my characters to be listed in this. lol I consider myself pretty terrible at naming.

That said, I do want to shout-out to my failed character Terryn "Twitch" Rosk. I actually really love the name, alas, the character wasn't the greatest concept and ultimately was killed off as a result. 

Anyway, once I was made privy to the obvious pun that I somehow missed, I came to appreciate @Thotification's character "Middy Ochre", because I love name puns and this is a decent one.

15 hours ago, Fierach said:

I have a colleague in reallife with the surname of Best-Shorty.

Epic and hilarious.  Have you based a character on them at all yet?