Mickey Flash

DEAD THREAD ZONE Ideas

Hello everybody!  I'm excited to get this started.  :smile:

I wanted to open up with a chat we can use for all sorts of ideas.  There are the ideas people might have for the purpose of the DEAD THREAD ZONE, and how we can improve it.  There are the ideas for the different threads we are working on, where we can give each other help and advice on a particularly tough ending to find.  I also have a few ideas to throw out there, and how they might be implemented.  I'd like to get some opinions before I try to put them out there, just to see if it might be the right thing for this group.  So please feel free to use this thread for all of our discussions on ideas and solutions.  

For starters, I was thinking of @THE_BULL's suggestion of using NPCs for threads.  Couldn't we just offer to use NPCs in the thread with a twist to the story somehow, or some type of action, and then ghost out of the thread to allow the original RPers to run with it?  Any opinions?

? I feel like this is easier to discuss if we have a few threads to start with, because we don’t know the extent of help that people want. But with the exception of actually closing a thread, I generally agree with using available NPCs, introducing new ones, or introducing a new environment, or a time skip, or having enemies appear etc, things that characters have to respond to together.

Edited by jaistlyn

Well, someone had already volunteered their threads for our trial run.  I have finished the ending on one, and submitted it for their approval.  If they approve, I'll ask if we can mention them, and use their thread as an example.  That way we have some idea of a way it can be done.  I am thinking everyone will have their own way of doing 1 -3 endings.  But it's always good to have some kind of example.  This will be a work in progress, and I expect there will be great ideas and a few failures as well.  We will learn from the failures, just the same.  

I think we can make a thread for thread requests on the board, at least until we have worked out as many of the kinks as we can.  When this isn't feeling so new I'll feel more confident in adding everyone from the public to comment.  But in order to possibly keep random comments to a minimum for our start, I believe open might be the best bet for us at the moment.  If it seems I might be wrong on that idea, please let me know.  I love having feedback.  

Edited by Mickey Flash

@vielle supernal has nominated a thread for our Thread Zone Squad.  I have completed the first thread ending (per jaistlyn’s request) and the second person on our squad list is you.  Will you be available to do this thread, or should we move on down the line to the next TZS member?  

23 minutes ago, Mickey Flash said:

@vielle supernal has nominated a thread for our Thread Zone Squad.  I have completed the first thread ending (per jaistlyn’s request) and the second person on our squad list is you.  Will you be available to do this thread, or should we move on down the line to the next TZS member?  

vielle is AFV until sometime next week I believe.

?

Sorry for the delay! I've considered it, but what with all of the other threads I'm involved in, and that I'm coming up on the last couple of weeks for classes this terms/finals...

Imma have to say "come back to me if the rest of the squad happens to be unable/unavailable." More of a soft 'no' than a hard 'no', I suppose?

Thanks!  @THE_BULL This is the nomination he sent....

Thread Link: 

OOC threads (if there are any): 

Moved this up because it has links for characters as well as the overall structure I wanted for the thread 

Current summary (1-2 paragraphs will do, include whether it is quest or canon): It is canon.

Most of the thread to date was about our characters getting together, discussing and aligning on motivations and desired end results, and arrived in Casper to pursue item 1. We were mobbed by NPCs who planted a listening device on Ampelos 

I didn't get to this point but the company they were meeting with is shrewd, would scan them for listening devices, find it and neutralize it, but I wanted to use that moment to highlight a little corporate espionage

Desired ending** (1, 2, or 3): option 2 please! 

I'm just curious if the DEAD THREAD ZONE idea has gone dead?  I'm still up for it, but if I'm the only one I don't think this will survive.  Any suggestions on a better way to see if anyone can take on a thread?  I know you have to read the thread, but remember there is only one post that has to be made to finish the thread.  If it seems too hard to handle, let me know.  There'll be no hard feelings, but I don't want this idea to die just because I wasn't checking in to see if everyone was still on board.