Character in use - Chinafel

Summon - Shaka

Tags - @Djinn&Juice

Location - Blairville

Background Ambiance (If you so choose)

Quests - To Make A Guardian

The Market Place was bustling, herds of people drift around. Sellers and traders yell from behind their stalls, just barely audible over the talking of the ever growing crowds. The occasional guard walks by, keeping people in line. The day was brights and cheerful, with only a few clouds daring to ruin the otherwise clear sky. The city of Blairville was alive and well, its free market teeming with life. To anyone who lived here, the market area was a well know and frequently visited area. But only a handful of people truly knew of the wonders of the Gypsy Market, a small Bazar that catered to those living the life of a mage. At every stall lay magical trinkets or ingredients, their uses only limited to the buyers imagination. This is where Chinafel frequently visited to buy and sell his goods, the alleys and stalls he knew all to well.

'Hmm, a good day so far.' Chinafels store sat at the outer ring of the market place, an area usually reserved for temporary stalls. The badgerfolk sat behind a sheet of canvas, his goods lay sprawled out on top. His companion Shaka sat on top of his bag, guarding his possessions from potential thieves. He was selling a variety of charms, amulets, trinkets as well as some carved wooden utility golems. The small wooden helpers were popular with many users, as a trust worthy source of help around the house. He'd just returned from a contracted trip and was looking to unload his goods. A hooded figured approached Chinafel, his presence giving an untrustworthy aura.

"Did you make it?" His voice deep and slow, with no emotion to his words.

"Yes yes, I made it. I'm not someone to go back on his words you know." Chinafel handed over a small green egg, its shell covered in black paint. It sat in a wooden cage, which the hooded figure hid beneath his cloak. 

"Thank you, I'll also be taking my usual order." His reaction monotone as before.

"Of course, I've got it right here. You know, I'd like to see you smile one day." Chinafel handed him a bag of assorted goods, which the hooded figure slugged over his shoulder before handing him a coin purse of considerable size. 

The man parted ways without a word, leaving Chinafel to himself. He sat stroking his beard, waiting for his next customer.

Edited by Rabbit

Blairville possessed an outstanding array of markets that saw to the needs of many, if not all who possessed any coin to spend. A plethora of merchants selling their wares from various stalls and business and presented an opportunity to travelers and locals alike. One such traveler entering the throes of the marketplace and using their lithe form to weave through tight walkways and crowds that would otherwise spike his anxiety. Ohgdenn having to cup his hands around his mouth to hyperventilate in short bursts; there were too many people here! He could feel his heart beating through his chest. He had heard that Blairville possessed a spectacular mercantile lifeline, and if there was anywhere that had means to help him. It was here. His dull brown gaze peering into what was known as The Gypsy Market. That sounded like a place where one could procure some...assistance. The boy sticking to the walls as best he could, and being shooed away from a few stalls as he tried to clamor passed them. Ohgdenn sucking in the mightiest breath he could as he moved into a small crowd.

He somehow managed to squeeze through a few leg-spans before reaching areas he felt far more comfortable in. A particular stall with a variety of curios and what appeared to be charms laid out atop canvas; The owner of this shop some sort of beastfolk he wasn't familiar with. He had to try one of these stalls otherwise he would be paralyzed with choice and that consumed more time than he could afford at this time. Ohgdenn approaching Chinafel' stall and anxiously looking about the items he had for sale, fingers twitching in place and lips muttering wordlessly. The boy not looking a day over twelve if Chinafel knew humans well in his older age, but there was certainly something about him that excommunicated him from most other younglings. 

74f246916e.jpg

"Yes uh, salutations...do you perhaps have something for protection? Or for that matter, anything that would assist in utility needs?" He asked anxiously, realigning his glasses out of nervous habit, unable to make eye contact and instead continuing to overlook a few talismans. "Perhaps something that can help in lifting a minimum of fifty pounds. or keep unsavory bandits at bay...uh...yes...maybe?...mmm" His nervous energy almost palpable. 

It was only a moments notice before another customer arrived at his stall, one that did not fit the typical characteristics of a magical bazar patron, he looked up at the young boy, a slender brunet male. He looked, sounded and smelled nervous. Not an unusual sight in cramped areas with unknown danger. Chinafel began stroking his beard, letting out a tired sigh. 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, Djinn&Juice said:

"Yes uh, salutations...do you perhaps have something for protection? Or for that matter, anything that would assist in utility needs?"

On 5/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, Djinn&Juice said:

"Perhaps something that can help in lifting a minimum of fifty pounds. or keep unsavory bandits at bay...uh...yes...maybe?...mmm"

"Protection, utilities and carrying? So it's a companion you're looking for, is it? Well, I've got things that can fit one of those three specifications. But I don't have an all in one, I never carry anything of that value unless I receive a custom order" He reached over and pointed towards one of the small wooden golems "Small utility golem, cheap as dirt and will last a life time with the proper care. In my backpack I have the materials to make you a basic boar summon, it'll be enough to carry well over fifty pounds. As for protection, neither of these can offer you much I'm afraid. I have swords for a cheap price if that's what ya want?"

Chinafel leaned back, taking a good look at the young man. He didn't strike the elder as a fighter, let alone the adventurous type. "Something tells me you don't actually want any of these, something tells me you want something more special. A one of a kind to call your own is it? I currently have no contracts, so that offer stand if you want it. I'll make you a new summon, one to your fitting.

There was a wash of anxiety that paled across his features; A wooden golem would certainly help but it wouldn't afford him the level of protection he preferred. A boar more promising, but lacking the same protection potential. Ohgdenn muttering to himself as he tried to find an viable solution. He didn't know how to use a sword and certainly didn't want to try. The disparity hanging over the boy fading for a moment as he perked up "You can do that? Would these be feasible? A summoned construct of my own making and protocols is exactly what I have been searching for. I lost the means to create any technological variant so your are the closest I've found that has such capabilities. Tell me what is required and I will gladly pay" He said, fidgeting in place as he removed several well cut diamonds from his cloak and set them on the canvas before Chi "I hope trade will suffice; I assure that these are real and will afford any material cost" Ohgdenn wiping his glasses with a handkerchief, his hands shambling as he talked to Chinafel. He wasn't used to using so many words at once. 

The boy pulling out several rolls of blue schematic paper that he then rolled out, whilst extending a pointer, he revealed some rather detailed drawings of what appeared to be a 'efficiently designed companion'. "I know not the capacity of your work, but I have found that no matter the source of it's construction; these measurements and weight variants will surely create one I can carry up to 400 pounds upon while giving it full mobility to fend off attackers" The passion he had for such a potential asset bringing the first smile the boy had dawned.

83106852-288-k500183.jpg
"

Edited by Djinn&Juice

"Hmmm. I see, oh I see." The old man muttered, picking up the diamonds and examining them closely. He took half and then returned the rest, taking his share and putting them in his pouch. "The cost of creating this summon will not be high, but rather the action of getting said material. The material in question will affect every aspect of what I create, and must be picked by you." The old man stopped and examined the blueprints put before him, they were detailed and precise. The goal was clear and reasonable, unlike many contracts he'd received in the past.

"Yes, this is possible. Might I ask how many of these materials you've actually gathered or know the location of? I'll need a list of that which you currently do and do not possess, as well as the purpose of each material used in the making." The old man stood up and began packing his goods. "This is not the place to discuss matters of such high value, nor throw around diamonds. Let us find a more fitting place, you may pick."

'Hmm, today has been good. Maybe I'll treat myself to a cheese wheel'

"I've just returned from a successful contract, I'm sure this one will be no different" The old timer was confident in this summon. With a heave, he put on his backpack and followed the young man's lead. 

Ohgdenn was surprised to see that he only took half of the gems offered, he had grown accustomed to most only assisting in return for such monetary gain. It was quite refreshing to say the least. The boy excited at the prospect of such freedom in choice "That is most intriguing! I imagine the materials brought to you directly effect the culmination of the summon?" He questioned, mumbling a few afterthoughts as he quickly brought out a notepad and scribbled a few interests down. Ohgdenn digging around in a few pouches as he ascertained Chinafel' question. He didn't want to reveal that everything on his person at this time was every material possession he had, and instead laughed nervously "I have some materials I believe will meet a few of the requirements, but for the rest I suppose I'll need some help in that regard" He said; already knowing where such help would come from...as loathsome as it was. 

"Quite right, then follow me if you please! There is a...bar in town that will assist in our needs." He said, cleaning his glasses out of anxiety. Their trip taking them to the outer reaches of the city and delving into far more...seedier neighborhoods. "Ouroboros is a safe have for the transient and travelling, while I don't much like the music, It is the only place I have to stay currently. If I am to ever grow beyond the helpless twelve year old I am...I'm going to need your services" He mumbled, shivering as they passed a few figures eyeing them over. The pair reaching a outlandish purple building, encapsulated by a slithering violet snake that wrapped around the corners and gave it an eerie, but almost cute theme. The door's a vivid seafoam green with A doorman relaxing back in a chair. The man fully dressed in a duster and obscuring his full face with a wide brimmed cowboy hat. A silvery jaw marking some sort of mechanical reconstruction as he raise his head and eyed the two. 

"Salutations, Wirejaw. I am just here for my room. The one...C...Calypso allowed me to stay in..." Ohgdenn chattered, obviously unnerved by Wirejaw's intensity.

The bouncer eyeing the two of them with silvery eyes before giving a grunt tumbled from his pneumatic jaw "Go on in then, just make sure you and yer friend don't cause no trouble. She may bend the rules for ya, but that still don't mean you can do what ya like" He warned before nodding toward the door and returning to his faux nap. The boy giving a respectful nod before taking Chinafel inside. 

Ouroboros had existed in Blairville for only a year, and yet it gained quite a reputation for it's business practices; Marketing as a source of every sinful entertainment one could ask for and being headed by an Illustrious woman known as Calypso. Calypso and Gilandriel both owning Ouroboros and seeing to it's many functions, but Calypso was far more starstruck than her reclusive partner and gladly became the face of the company. The bar itself possessing a wide array of drinks and mixes from all over the world, and even having it's own curious flair. The two entering into a large open space where patrons sat at various tables, and even danced to the music that blared from seemingly everywhere. Ohgdenn giving Chinafel an extra pair of earplugs as he was prone to wear while traveling to his room. A stage visible ten feet ahead with currently no show on display. A bar having the most patrons crowding around it to their farthest right, both watching A well dressed man weaving magic through the air and infusing glass before him; an orange tinged drink being presented to an awestruck woman . his gold skin making his magenta gaze more prominent through the locks of periwinkle hair. The sound of sudden cheers catching her attention as many started to crowd around the stage placed directly in the center of the main floor; the bar hugging the far right corner. both of them seeing the crowd growing around a woman in a jeweled dress. Her hair long and sparkling gold, and matched her eyes as the room filled with the music of her voice as she started a performance. 

Spoiler

"She is an absolute treat isn't she? My daughter has learned quite well~" An abrupt voice spoke behind them, a once unoccupied seat to their left now possessing A most evocative woman with eyes of sultry hot pink. A lackadaisical smile touching her perfect lips. Ohgdenn feeling a crackling against her skin as though this woman possessed an intoxicating aura, he hated how Calypso made him feel. She possessed snake earrings that looped through her elven ears a few times before the sapphire eyed heads perched at the pointed tips. Her hair an ocean of silver and gold locks that flowed down her exposed back and hung off the stool. her dress enrapturing her physique in a tightly woven pendulum of anticipation that dared to come lose and expose them to a wave of emotions they hadn't expected to combat today. Ohgdenn practically melting in her presence before managed to choke out words "Salutations...Calypso..."

Pleased to hear of his new clients excitement, Chinafel closely followed the young man whilst answering his questions. "Yes, every item and what it combines with will affect the outcome of this summon. It's important that we know both what you want and the ingredient you plan to use, fusing incompatible ingredients may result in them being useless or plan ineffective." The old timer explained. Despite the young mans attempts, Chinafel could hear the fibs in his voice. He'd done this enough times to know when a client was being truthful. But despite this, he detected no ill intentions. Just a young adventurer looking to make his start in life, a feeling he knew all to well.

'Ahh, the crazy shit youth will do to get started.'

Bars, serpents and new clients. It wasn't an unusual day for Chinafel, but also not common. The bar sat at the outer fields of Blairville, a preferred area for the old timer. As much as he loved the company of the towns folk, sometimes more remote scenery was required. Tho, this bar was not your typical country bar. It was the bar you'd expect bounty hunters and mercs to come for their final drinks. It was clear the young lad had been here, on more than one occasion. Even the eye candy of the bar had it out for Ohgdenn.

"Hmm, got something ya wanna tell me boy. I'd never take you as this type." Chinafel turned his head to meet the woman, now known as Calypso, who's flamboyant clothing and distinct jewelry clearly showing her to be a leading figure  "Is this young gent a regular here? Apparently there is more to him than I figured."

'This day just ain't gonna be simple is it'

"Uh no..I'm...n-not here for-" He spoke with a flush of red slowly sweeping across his features at Chinafel' inquiry. Calypso holding a finger to her lips as she locked eyes with him for a moment before giving intoxicating smile "One of my employees happen to find him sleeping underneath A storm drain and brought him in" She said, giving his head and gentle rub. Ohgdenn trying to form words, but was ultimately paralyzed when around Calypso. His form naturally wobbly without the goddess before them frying his pre pubescent psyche. "I'd like to call him a regular, but he is anything, but...regular" She spoke, her lips hanging on every word as though it were a tantalizing morsel one couldn't get enough of. "She-uh...lets me stay in my own room here...and I've been....p-providing technical support where I can" He chattered, attempting to fan his courage.

"I assume that's where you and this gentle-badger are heading off to? Carry on then my dear; I'll fetch you later~ Sevra has been bemoaning over the lighting in her studio" She said with a saccharine, passing them by with a farewell and a caress of Ohgdenn' cheek, vanishing up the staircase that led to her office. The boy tapering a sigh as she departed "I don't...partake in any of the activities here...I just...go to my room." He said, beckoning Chi to follow him as they moved across the main atrium and down a reverberating hallway until they reached a set of small spiral steps, before they entered a subterranean hall. "Aw hell, Ohgdenn my man! Glad ta see ya. Don''t have time to chat cause I got a fight to win! You always get the best seat if you ever came!" Came a raucous Dragonborn, his voice as boisterous as he was staggering in height and size, having to squeeze by the two as he passed them; obsidian scales almost showing a perfect reflection of Chi as he lumbered through. His dull red eyes flicking toward the badger before grinning at the both of them and climbing the staircase

"Iscariste makes me anxious, but...he's nice"

They finally reached a simple door that creaked with a light push open "She was far too kind to do up a storage room for me, and due to my lack of consistent funds. It is the best option I have" He explained as they entered his room "Sorry for the complications getting here, I hadn't realized the exact process I was signing myself up for" He said with a nervous laugh, offering a small comfortable chair for Chi to sit in as he sought comfort on his bed. 
another-cozy-room-other-abstract-backgro

"So if these ingredients are relatively...premium then the outcome of the summon will be far stronger?" He asked curiously "Do these materials have to relate in any particular way or can they come from a variety of sources?

Chinafel found the altercation to be extremely awkward, to say the least. The elder was way past his prime and the smell of the bar could only be described as hormonal, with a hint of depression. Chinafel let the situation play itself out. It was clear that the young man didn't have the best start, being picked up and raised by shady characters normally didn't result in the raising of a royal. But it was clear the lad was loved by the members of the bar. 

'Hmm, a carer or sadistic figurehead? Only time will tell.'

He followed Ohgdenn, briefly greeted by what could only be described as a titan cladded in obsidian armor before disappearing round the corner. The boy made his feelings clear, something Chi was sure many felt. "I've met may like him boy, surprisingly I've always feared them the least. Their intentions and power are made clear, it's the ones like Calypso that I'm afraid of."

'The devil rarely makes itself obvious like that I'm afraid.'

After making it to Ohgdenns room, Chinafel gladly took a seat. However, soon after being seated the boy continued with his questions.

Spoiler

"So if these ingredients are relatively...premium then the outcome of the summon will be far stronger?" He asked curiously "Do these materials have to relate in any particular way or can they come from a variety of sources?

"Well, define premium. Silks are premium, but using them would result in incredibly weak structures. The summon would be like paper being thrown into a flame. Dragon scales are premium, but it would require other methods in order to tame such a powerful summon. Unless you have gold falling from your ears then I'm afraid it's just impracticable. You need to find a balance of materials, powerful but also do-able." Chi brought out a piece of paper, listing various ingredients from his prior contract.

Spoiler
  1. ~Elemental stones
  2. ~Draconic Scale                          
  3. ~Korenia Root                         
  4. ~Copper Ore
  5. ~Manamoss
  6. ~Lavaweed
  7. ~Creeping Charlies
  8. ~Photas
  9. ~Membrane
  10. ~Dragon Ash

"I generally don't give info about my previous contracts, but I'm sure the previous guy won't care. Or at least I hope he doesn't." He scratched his head, pondering his thoughts. "That should answer ya questions. The ingredients don't need to relate, but they need purpose. This recipe created a gliding drake. It was capable of gliding great distances, even whilst mounted. It could spit clouds of vemon, with both toxic and sleeping properties. Each item had a purpose, which is why it worked so well!"

The old timer pointed to his list, showing the purpose of each and every ingredient. "The draconic scale, copper ore and a elemental stone were used to create the physical structure. In this case I used drake scales, along with the combination of copper ore and a air elemental stone to give it a much lighter frame. The membrane of course was used to allow the drake to glide. The use of an earth elemental stone gave it a more natural docile behavior, important as it was intended to be used as a mount.

He slowly moved his hand further down the list, pointing towards the list of herbs "Creeping charlies for its toxic nature, korenia root for its ability to cause sleepiness and photas as it appears to enhance korenia root. This combination of plants made up the bulk of the venom. Lavaweed has both good toxic properties, but also amazing cross-elemental properties. Added with a sprinkle of dragons dust allowed for the venom cloud. The manamoss was added for an extra regenerative factor, allowing for the faster recovery of venom."

He finally got to the final section of the paper "Lastly, the dragon ash was also used as the power source. Fueling the summon. This level of summon is a large mixture of herbalism, blacksmithing, leathersmithing and more. This is what goes into a custom summon, you understand me boy?" Chi gave Ohgdenn a hefty pat on the back. 

Edited by Rabbit

Ohgdenn couldn't agree more; Iscariate was a rather brutish figure but he was as transparent as they came. Calypso a kaleidoscope that shifted and bent in ways that made her unpredictable, and worrisome for the boy's psyche. They all had a bizarre affinity in common that Chinafel caught onto pretty quick; they seemed to care greatly for Ohgdenn. He jumped from his bed and immediately carted a small chalkboard in-between them as the elder explained the process in further detail, writing everything said with pinpoint accuracy. The young ward looking at Chi with eager interest whilst his hand continued to scrawl across the board unabated.

"So A premium material in this case is quantified by it's natural properties and not the synthetic value we place on them such as silk as you say. I can only imagine that I must either procure these myself or buy them at likely staggering prices" He rambled, thinking of all the possible materials that could conjure an array of possibilities. His eyes growing to the size of dinner plates as Chi revealed a sheet of materials. His eyes absorbing the list with an unforeseen acuity as his hand immediately copied the list onto the board for further reference to the materials that were used. This was one was most certainly complex, and likely took extensive effort. "So they must directly correlate to a certain function of the summon itself, whether it be for strengthening the summon itself or adding additional properties" he rambled once more, teasing the edges of his glasses with an index finger. 

He loved complicated formulas

There was a knock on the door, interrupting the conversation in it's interim. Ohgdenn apologizing and quickly answering the door; One of Calypso hostess' greeting him with a tray of drinks and food appropriate for both parties. The succubus giving him a giggle and pat upon his head before waving them farewell. His ears set ablaze and creeping a radiant blush across his face, such proclivities always leaving him an awkward mess as he rested the tray on a table next to Chi. A platter of cheeses, alcoholic beverages and a steeped cup of coffee that Ohgdenn took. It was one of his favorite drinks. "Forgive the interruption...please continue" He said, taking a drink from a violet mug enraptured with the depiction of a snake. 

"I believe I do understand...A great many trades come together to make such a summon work from the natural ingredients of herbalism to the hardened ironwork of Blacksmithing...I have to make what I use count and integrate it with the very summon itself. A perk in all this is that I plan on adding necessary gear when I am able to reacquire my tools so I don't believe I will need as much additional capabilities..." He muttered, drumming his fingers against the mug as he thought for a moment...then two....several moments blurring into nearly ten minutes of ranting as he scoured the chalkboard in contemplation 

"I think I know how to acquire the materials that will be able to fabricate what I need...I'd much rather scour a dangerous dungeon, but I've little choice if I am to ever hope to travel passed the city limits...Iscariate is a marvel of muscle and I wonder just exactly what one of his obsidian scales would add to this build-a-buddy project...The staff in this bar possess unique properties and I wonder if all the suitable materials we need might already be within reach" He theorized, looking toward Chinafel "Is that even a remotely sound idea? It's hard to tell these days..."

original.gif

Chinafel took a sip from his drink, he was glad to hear his client understood the process. Many times he'd tried to explain it to those with money to throw around, but lack the intelligence needed to understand the process. In his old age he found himself less and less able to scavenge the resources required by himself, relying more and more on other services. Having everything near by made his life just that little bit easier, compared to the many carriage rides he'd taken over the years. Ohgdenn talked about dungeon diving, a clear sign of his desires to become an adventure. Something Chi knew all to well from his youthful years.

"Good or bad, ideas are ideas. My greatest creations have come out of my stupidest actions, no great weapon was forged in times of peace." The old timer said, bringing his spear to his side. Obsidian and wood were both basic material, that packed a lot of punch. The simpler something was, the less that could go wrong. 

'Hmm, it's been a while since I've used obsidian. But it's not to hard to use'

"An obsidian scale and staff with unique properties? Hmm, I'd need more information on the staff. I've used wood to create many creatures, tho less with obsidian. Regardless, both are easy to use and possess good properties. Most woods are generally easy to enchant, flexible and have good regenerative properties. Obsidian is also easy to enchant and can be used to create extremely sharp tools. Of course they have weaknesses. Wood generally being weak to fire and splintering, obsidian being a very brittle material." Chi began stroking his beard, pondering the thought of the large fighter.

"You know the man better than I do, would he be willing to sell or trade for it? I've some items in my possession which I'm sure he'll like." Chi reached for his satchel and emptied a small pouch of items onto the table. A draconic scale, pouch of fine black powder, colored stones and various gems fell onto the table. A collection of left over materials from his most recent contract, valuable enough to be its own reward. "A drakes scale, dragons ash, elemental stones and various gems. Would he be interested in any of these? Whilst we could easily purchase some obsidian on the market, there's something unique about the obsidian on his armor. You can feel free to use any of these items in your summon as well. As for the staff, well that's down to you, boy." He separated each item into its own pile. Pulling out a pencil and paper, he began writing down notes of the planned ingredients. 

"It might be within reach, but this is your quest. Only you can decide that one."

"Forgive my complication of words; The staff of this bar I mean. They are all varied and seem to possess unique properties that perhaps I could add to this project of ours. I am not an expert in biology...just yet, but I believe Iscariate's scales are more than just armor. Being of the dragonborn race I believe it is something organic that grows as natural armor." Ohgdenn explained, rattling his head with his palm a few times as he caused an unfortunate misunderstanding of words. The boy finishing his coffee as he muttered a few things under his breath and scribbled some details on the chalkboard. "I fear my theories sometimes outpace the practical use that follows so it can be hard to tell what is worthy of extrapolation. Wood could be quite useful then, but I would like to ponder my options and see what is available to me. I don't know him too well as...well...he frightens me, but what I can tell is that he doesn't desire anything materialistic" He rambled, eyeing the potential trade options Chi had shown "His desires are far baser...He runs this establishment's crucible if you will. A place where he is free to fight contenders for 'bragging rights' and the like. I suppose we will have to figure out some solution on our way to meet him" Ohgdenn said, mindset on acquiring the materials from the bar's employees. He didn't have the necessary funds to purchase potentially exotic ingredients so this was his only viable option. 

"Well then I have made my decision so lets go before I panic and change my mind" He said with a raised finger, sucking in a few breaths to try and quell an already rising anxiety.

Spoiler

Artemis
wxXY-F1v_400x400.jpg

The Pair exiting the room once and returning upstairs to the boisterous club where the music had changed to something far more upbeat and energetic as a crowd encompassed the stage where they saw A red haired man adorning gaudy attire and singing with a intoxicating cadence. It seemed there was no end to entertainment here. "That would be Artemis..A rare male siren as it were" He explained. watching curiously as both men and women basked in his performance. The boy continuing passed the stage, and entering a side door that possessed the ouroboros insignia on it's lacquered wood; it's design having black scales instead of green and had the words "Snake Bite" at it's center. A descending staircase taking them once again somewhere deeper underground, only this time after thirty feet or so the staircase ended and opened up into a large Colosseum  where a dozen or so patrons sat around on wooden bleachers and watched as the obsidian scaled dragonborn duked it out with what appeared to be a hobgoblin. The music from earlier drowned out as Cheers immediately surrounded them as Iscariate sent a skyward uppercut into his foe's chin and sent him smashing into the ring limits just before Ohgdenn and Chi. The poor bastard out cold. Iscariate stood within the half a mile wide dirt circle; ropes of chain separating the ring from the spectators.

Chinafel could see him clearly now that they weren't cramped in a hallway. He was a massive Obsidian scales covering his body, tipped with shades of reds and oranges. His eyes matching with fiery oranges and reds burning along his irises like molten rock as he looked among the crowd with a fervor for battle the two on-lookers could practically taste. Ohgdenn beginning to visibly shudder. Iscariate proudly flexing and showing his full seven or so feet of height; adorned with a wolf mask that was dangling around his neck and a sleeveless chain-mail acting as his only form of tunic; each link shimmering with an aura of some unknown enchantment. His legs covered in grayed leggings that possessed battle scarred greaves; boots in no better condition. The most noticeable Accouterments was A gauntlet that covered his right arm from shoulder to hand; snakes, wolves, and war memorabilia  emblazoned upon it's wrought Iron make. Iscariate looking among the crowd with a salacious grin, fangs protruding proudly. The crowds far more fervent, some of them equipped in cheap armors, chitins, and seeming eager for the event tonight. 

"
Who wants their ass kicked first?"

Edited by Djinn&Juice

"Ahhh, this takes me back to my youth in the badlands arena." Chi watched from the stand, the crowd roared and shouted. The smell of bloodlust filled the room, the sound of fists clashing echoed. "Back in my clan this was the way we were trained, we didn't fight mannequins and practice move sets. Nope, they threw straight into the fight. We learned through injuries and trauma, so many injuries." The old timer lets out a giggle, strange how bad times made him laugh.

'Hmm, a good fighter. But only against the untrained, wonder how he'd stand up to someone more skilled.' 

"Tell me, he seeks glory through combat. A common trait amongst the dragonborn race, they pick a path and will make it there goal to be the best at. If it's not material he seeks, then we could offer him the battle or the chance of a battle. I know the location of a dragons nest, I'll give him the location in exchange for a scale. But if he won't take it I'm more than happy to give him a fight if need be, but I'll have to examine his fighting technique more. Are we allowed to use magic in these battles?" Chi looked around at the crowds, many flinching at the sheer thought of fighting the beast of the ring.

"It would seem you have more in common with him than I do; I was born under rather...difference circumstances" He muttered,wincing as he watched Iscariate German Suplex another opponent into the ground. The crowd swelling in cheers as Iscariate bellowed with laughter; immediately helping up the half orc and giving him several heavy pats on the back. "Always protect your chest and keep your elbows tight! Grabs are exhausting to break out of" He said, landing a small sack into the other's hand, pointing his finger to the crowd "I pay out when even if you lose because there is no lesson more powerful than a physical one, and I don't mind paying to teach em" He barked, fumes firing from his nostrils as he made his challenge clear. Ohgdenn hadn't met such a physical force in his life and it both filled him with courage, and hollowed him with cowardice. Perhaps it was the genuine care he saw in the big oaf's eyes when those red orbs shot toward him...It was terrifying to him to see a creature smile so gleefully at him. The mountain of a dracodon waving towards them, and marching up to their side of the ring. 

"What's up kid,! Haven't seen ya around my hood" He said, leaning on one of the chains with a creak. 

"Uh well me and my associate Chinafel here are working on a very special project together, and it requires materials of a strong substance in both quality and nature

"Well you came to the right place if your looking for strong substance" He bellowed in laughter 

"It is why I sought you out di-directly" Ohgdenn chattered, fidgeting his hands as he locked his gaze on anything other than the red glow of his Iscariate's eyes. "You see u..uh Mr. Chinafel here is manifesting a construct for me that will help on my expeditions. It requires a varied material cost that depends on my own initiative; I believe that y-your scales could prove to make a strong b-base for this project, and Chinafel has offered in return the location of a dragon nest that you could seek further uh...g-glory in o-or my associate here is willing to fight although he desires to know if magic is allowed beforehand" The boy trying to explain their situation as best as he could, but his nerves were leaving him a jumbled mess 

"Im gonna be honest with ya kid, I didn't understand what the hell you said...but your looking to use some of my scales for your nerd project yea?" He asked rubbing his chin curiously "Anything for you bud; I don't mind kicking some dragon ass or going to to toe with this guy." He said, beating his chest a few times, and peeling off a few heavy scales from his left pectoral, dropping in Ohgdenn's hand "Careful, me being a vampire and all makes my scales stronger than they ever were pre fangitude" He said, baring a fanged grin as he looked over Chinafel, expecting either fight a dragon or this old timer in return. Ohgdenn nervous about the prospect of two fighting...wondering what else the wisened badger could do. 

The dragonborn race has always been known for their strength and love of glory, perusing something simply to be the best at it. But this one was different, in more ways than one. Whilst most did it out of nature or instinct, this one seemed to do it for the thrill. Whether it was his vampiric side or just how he was, Chi was not sure. Regardless, he knew the better option, reaching into his tunic he pulled out a map tied up with red string. 

'Hmm, I knew you'd come in handy some day. Just didn't think it'd be like this. Hoping to be the one to slay the beast, but it may be better left a someone a little more in shape.'

"I found the beast whilst searching for a hunters remains, I wish you better luck. It contains info on the dragons sleep and hunting patterns, as well as frequent perch point. " Chi handed him the map, emphasizing the important of its contents.