zhiyu-cao-img-4618.jpg?1498240640

in the highlands, a brewing power grows. . .

Hello everyone, Vielle here (representing @Animal too!) ❤️ 

The Datsuzoku Dynasty in the Midlands of Genesaris is establishing new clans under their imperial rule, and amidst the many lesser families of the Kaminari Clan—one of the five main Clans of the Datsuzoku—a long-shadowed, old money family rises, intent on the pursuit of cultured endeavors and affluence known the world over.

The stage is set for a slow-burn chess game of smoke and mirrors, of political subterfuge and artistic showmanship, of betrayal and love and death and ties broken and renewed, and the nurturing of ambition to not only overthrow their Kaminari masters, but enough, even, to overthrow an empire.

tl;dr, we are looking for people to join the Yanaihara Clan!

tl;dr #2, to clarify and avoid confusion—I'm working with this minor family to take over the NPC major Clan (the Kaminari) so the Yanaihara can eventually be a major Clan! We're putting IC effort to be a canon clan and establish it IC with canon, which would therefore make a strong foundation—for the pursuit of greater things and more ?—and not have the clan just pop out of the blue ? it gives more leeway for more varied stories to tell, too!

Want to rise above the ranks as the forerunners of the clan's enterprising aspirations? Only the very best of the best can join the Kamaitachi!

Spoiler

The Kamaitachi make up the inside defensive core that serves the Yanaihara family. All members have a wide range of skills that contribute to their expertise. Not only are they all trained assassins, diviners and surveillance officers, but they’re also disciplined actors that possess other gifts such as culinary prowess and theatrical skills. This means that they can serve as the family’s all-purpose traveling party, offering their services as both entertainers for guests and watchful eyes in the presence of groups of interest.

Interested in warrior/assassin geisha and the art of coercive diplomacy? Perhaps the Ameonna will be of interest to you!

Spoiler

The Ameonna comprises of Onna-bugeisha and Kunoichi who excel in both showmanship and subterfuge. Designated political movers and kingmakers of the clan, they employ their considerable skillsets to install Yanaihara clansmen into various positions of power in society, all under the guise of purveyors of entertainment. Outwardly, they operate as geisha within Yanaihara’s various establishments.

Does the way of the blade and the art of war call to you? The Minobi exemplify those very traits!

Spoiler

The Minobi stand as the Yanaihara Clan’s sword and shield: masterfully trained warriors with a flair for combat that resembles art, a showy display that melds both dance and war. Apart from the conventional martial disciplines, their expansive repertoire includes tessenjutsu (the martial art of the war fan), kusarigamajutsu (the martial art of the kusarigama), and bōjutsu (the martial art of the staff). With a myriad of choices at their disposal, each member of the Minobi customizes their arsenal however way they desire.

Do you find yourself wanting more benign, artistic, and political pursuits, or entrepreneurial management of businesses? The Yosuzume could be your thing!

Spoiler

The Yosuzume are the most numerous amongst the Yanaihara and are regarded as the most benign faction. They dedicate their whole lives to their chosen craft as artisans of renowned fame and skill. Aside from individual pursuits in the field of art, the Yosuzume also manage the recreational institutions of the clan, such as theatres, bathhouses, shrines, and the like; this elevates their status as some of the wealthiest among the Yanaihara.

The main Yanaihara family members are also open for interested writers; let's discuss your ideas and we'll see how we can integrate them for the character!

You can either:

1. claim a preexisting character already listed in the lore
  2. claim a preexisting character's position and substitute them for your own new character
  3. make a brand new character entirely

Either way, you are welcome to write with us! ❤️ Let us know if you wanna join us below or in a PM! ?

. . . with ambition ardent enough to topple an empire.

I'm interested in making a character for the Minobi. I don't have a concrete character as of this moment, but I do have a concept.

Male, older (late 40s early 50s), former Master of the Kusarigamajutsu who was banished the clan for over 20 years after he lost a duel to a rival clan's martial artist. (Which clan to be determined)

Lost an arm in said duel, now has a magitech replacement. Was forbid from using the kusarigama again after leaving the clan. Returned at the behest of one of the clan heads with their belief that the upcoming political dancing may require a deniable asset. 

Is highly skilled with a katana, intelligent and desperate to prove his honor again making him fiercely loyal to whomever vouched for his return.

Looking for a player to have called for his return, but am willing to use an NPC. 

7 minutes ago, The Rabbit Emperor said:

I'm interested in making a character for the Minobi. I don't have a concrete character as of this moment, but I do have a concept.

Male, older (late 40s early 50s), former Master of the Kusarigamajutsu who was banished the clan for over 20 years after he lost a duel to a rival clan's martial artist. (Which clan to be determined)

Lost an arm in said duel, now has a magitech replacement. Was forbid from using the kusarigama again after leaving the clan. Returned at the behest of one of the clan heads with their belief that the upcoming political dancing may require a deniable asset. 

Is highly skilled with a katana, intelligent and desperate to prove his honor again making him fiercely loyal to whomever vouched for his return.

Looking for a player to have called for his return, but am willing to use an NPC. 

Very cool concept! ? I'm very much open to be the player calling for his return, but I'd like to ask @Animal too, to see if he'd like to do it as well ? Looking forward to the character's final evolution! 

You already know my interest, and we've already talked about the basic concept of the character I'll be using.  I'll run the character sheet by you when she's ready.

...now I just have to make her. ._.

7 minutes ago, Ghorroj said:

You already know my interest, and we've already talked about the basic concept of the character I'll be using.  I'll run the character sheet by you when she's ready.

...now I just have to make her. ._.

aniguns.png

Ya got it, friend!

Thank you all for your support! I believe that we have something that can really work here and I’m excited to see where it goes!

To add upon what’s already been said, we’re in that  early awkward phase when it comes to lore this expansive. The current short term goal is to flesh out the family and their supporters; at the moment through little one-offs that culminate into a sturdy foundation when important plot rises up. We have a long-term goal that’s mainly Koharu-centered and that’s probably our first big plot thing that will happen. In the meantime, if you look at the lore and envision something that can be just a fun look at the Yanaihara family, level of seriousness can vary, go ahead and suggest it to us.

1 hour ago, The Rabbit Emperor said:

The Yanaihara family’s second son, Masaru, is rather rebellious and not a humongous fan of some of his clan’s traditional values. He’d be willing to see this person redeem themselves, beyond that of a deniable asset. Masaru is played by myself, so you’ll be among my roster ?! Whenever this concept is done cooking and the character comes out the oven, let me know and we can set up that story.