Vetanoob

Legacy of the Void OOC

Welcome everyone to the Void magic: A Research Expedition OOC thread!

As you might know by now, I have decided to rename the story to "Legacy of the Void" since it sounds better and the old thread name was too wordy in my opinion. 😆

Anyway, before anyone commences on this story, I would like to inform you that whatever that we're going to do in Yh'mi is going to be canonized. Meaning @jaistlyn is going to keep track of our story and whatever happens to the quest for good or for ill will be recorded into the annals of Yh'mi lore. 

Since @jaistlyn is the board leader, I want to respect the lore that she has painstakingly crafted and thus I urge everyone here to do the same. Please take time to read through them so as to get a better idea of what your character has faced/will be facing.

PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW!

Additional Info Courtesy of @jaistlyn

• The Paladins from the Order of the White Hand actively stop suspicious and/or foolish people from entering Yh’mi. Those who seek to enter must state their reason. Often people enter because they take on one of the White Hand’s quests. Government-sponsored study could be a reason, or any other excuses you can think up of. The paladins have told people to stay away from Lirrey, so mentioning Lirrey when passing through the gates is not a good idea.

• Another way this can work is to use an exploration quest as an excuse. The only caveat being that they need to report their findings to the White Hand at the end when they return, and hand over artifacts that seem related to the history of Yh’mi (they can choose to omit stuff, if course).

Story Start Point

The story will be starting around Lirrey village. So your characters must at least be already inside Yh'mi and making their way towards it. From there, the party will set off from the village and go south to the doomed steps, into the Narrow Pass, into Netherpeaks and hopefully all the way to Taen Mountain and Taen Portal.

*NOTE: 

ONCE ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE CONFIRMED WILL I THEN SUBMIT THE POSTING ORDER AND THE RULES FOR THIS THREAD. 

Party Members

1.  @Vetanoob
  2.  @Voldemort
  3.  @Gloxie
  4.  @Shamash
  5.  @Damnatus

*NOTE: 

TO CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD WITH A LINK TO YOUR CHARACTER BIO WITHIN THE NEXT 2 DAYS! 

Loremaster

@jaistlyn

• @jaistlyn has kindly agreed to observe the story in her spare time. She is not going to be the storyteller for this quest. However, being the one who knows exactly the kind of horrors Yh'mi contains, she will be prompted to throw in some monsters that will appear and hinder our progress from time to time. 

• What she will do is describe the surroundings and atmosphere every time you guys move to a new area only up until the narrow pass. From there we will make up the environment from there onwards.

• She'll probably throw a bunch of enemies at us along the way and describe what kind of abilities they have, but we get to write out the full battle, including the monsters’ actions.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION! SEE YOU GUYS IN YH'MI SOON!

UPDATE #1 16 May 2019:

My first post is up! 😄 

Everyone is welcome to post your intro to that thread in any order. Once everyone has posted then we shall begin the quest using an agreed posting order (To be confirmed later).

Please take note that your character will either need permission from the relevant Terrenus authorities to get past the White Hand Paladins (Like @Shamash) or have some way of bypassing the gate. 

My character has already snuck in four months ago before the wall was fully repaired. The rest of you CAN coordinate to get past the guards together as a party (if you guys want) before meeting Connor. 

From there, our characters will meet and make their way towards the doomed steps. 

Looking forward to see you in Yh'mi! 😛 

Edited by Vetanoob

5 minutes ago, Shamash said:

Confirming my participation with character Undir Valenson

Small question for @jaistlyn, do you have a certain "danger level" in mind for this quest? 

You guys are going into uncharted territory. Not to mention the volatile void magic. Prepare for extreme danger!!! lol!

Oh I should clarify - I do not enforce character deaths unless the owner of the character wants it to happen. Permanent injury or insanity though, that is a possibility. (But in a fantasy context, that usually results in the opportunity to get an augmented prosthetic limb or something like that)

Unless @Vetanoob has something different in mind regarding death and injury.

Vetanoob was asking me in PM how characters can go into Yh’mi, since the paladins guarding the gates would not allow those who potentially want to exploit the darkness.

There ya go - nice post from Shamash. This also does mean that the Terrenus government knows about this endeavor now, whether Connor knows and likes it or not.

However, do keep your entry into Lirrey a secret from the White Hand because they won’t appreciate it at all lol. For those who haven't caught up with the lore yet, Lirrey is a village in the middle of Yh'mi that is quaint, seemingly normal and entirely out of place, and the paladins think it's a trap of some sort.

Edited by jaistlyn

3 hours ago, Shamash said:

Perhaps it would be prudent to make a post on the interest check/recruitment thread making people aware of the confirmation requirement? 

Good idea! I'll go and do that. Thanks! 😄 

11 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Oh I should clarify - I do not enforce character deaths unless the owner of the character wants it to happen. Permanent injury or insanity though, that is a possibility. (But in a fantasy context, that usually results in the opportunity to get an augmented prosthetic limb or something like that)

Unless @Vetanoob has something different in mind regarding death and injury.

Thanks for asking!

I don't enforce character deaths or permanent disability unless each of you want to do so for your own character's development.

However, since the trip will be hazardous, everyone should write their posts with this extreme danger in mind. There should be physical injuries in at least one confrontation. How bad they are will be up to you. 

There will be physiological and/or psychological scars. So no one in this quest is going to be superhero who is able to punch their way out of anything. 

But at the very least, everyone should be able to reach the end of this quest alive.

Maybe... hopefully... please? 😱

UPDATE #1 16 May 2019:

My first post is up! 😄 

Everyone is welcome to post your intro to that thread in any order. Once everyone has posted then we shall begin the quest using an agreed posting order (To be confirmed later).

Please take note that your character will either need permission from the relevant Terrenus authorities to get past the White Hand Paladins (Like @Shamash) or have some way of bypassing the gate. 

My character has already snuck in four months ago before the wall was fully repaired. The rest of you CAN coordinate to get past the guards together as a party (if you guys want) before meeting Connor. 

From there, our characters will meet and make their way towards the doomed steps. 

Looking forward to see you in Yh'mi! 😛 

Did a quick post to give you guys some background to work with when introducing your characters! 

Also, the bats are something new and cannot be found in the bestiary. I need new low-level monsters lol. Feel free to give them special skills or properties.

As mentioned, I'll not be posting every round, but jump in with a narrative post whenever you guys move to a new location. 

Edited by jaistlyn

8 hours ago, Voldemort said:

Great to have you aboard! 

9 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Did a quick post to give you guys some background to work with when introducing your characters! 

Also, the bats are something new and cannot be found in the bestiary. I need new low-level monsters lol. Feel free to give them special skills or properties.

As mentioned, I'll not be posting every round, but jump in with a narrative post whenever you guys move to a new location. 

Yup! I have also posted in reaction to her monsters attacking my character. So everyone can take that as an example of the difficulty faced against a single character.

So you guys can see that in Yh'mi the monsters will be this challenging. However, since our characters are in a party, this should help alleviate somewhat since each character has a different skill set and can cover each other's backs.

From here on. Everyone can start posting their first intro into the thread in any order. Once everyone has posted, we can begin the quest proper. 

The posting order shall be in this sequence: 

1. @Vetanoob
  2.  @Shamash
  3. @Gloxie
  4. @Damnatus
  5. @Voldemort

Does anyone have any objections? If anyone wants to swap you guys are free to sound out here. We're all nice people! 😁

Here are the rules for the thread:

1. Pace shall be 1 post per maximum of 3 days for each character
  2. If you do not post approximately 3 days after your turn, you will be skipped
  3. However, if you need extra time to post please do let us know in this thread so we can accommodate you. We are nice people!
  4. No character deaths or permanent disability unless decided by the character owner. (However, you cannot rule out sickness or injury)
  5. Enjoy yourselves and let your creative juices flow!