danzilla3

Come Together (Shokan)

Eiji hadn't been watching So closely enough to see the exact moment the man disappeared from the room; but there were other ways he noticed. The sudden disappearance of one of the scents and heartbeats from the room was a dead give away. Upon seeing the note on the floor, he allowed himself a small smile. That smile grew ever so slightly when Aegis agreed to join the clan. Now the only holdout was Shi, the enigmatic assassin. It was almost endearing the way he tried to stir things up; but Eiji wasn't so foolish as to see the true meaning behind it.

"If the day comes when one of my subordinates can defeat me," he said, a fierce smile on his face, "Then they will have earned the right to rule this clan."

A moment passed before he relaxed and spoke again, "As for the order of business, it is simple. I only wish to know whether or not you will join Shokan."

Aegis lowered the glass back onto the table as Sho vanished; he didn't know if what he had said was simply bluster or held greater weight, but he knew that for this to work. He would have to overcome the sins of the past. Aegis listening to Shi' lack of faith in the integrity of this group of unknowns. There was potential truth in those words , trust a scarce commodity that they all had to invest in together for this clan to create a solid foundation. "I am Aegis Rishagi, it is freeing to finally say my name among clan members" He said, giving a bow before Shi and Saki, turning to Eiji with a newfound flame "I seek no leadership; only to honor my family by using the blades they had bestowed upon me." He had to do something with the time he had left, and the long roads of hunting lowly bounties never rose up to the expectations A father bestowed upon his son. A grandmaster upon his pupil.

"I would be honored to pass on the knowledge of my clan, so that then their history lives on in The Shokan." He sat down once more, quieting as their Grandmaster now awaited the answer from Shi. A curious one who seemed to utilize the aspects of a shinobi, granted he didn't seem to do so with traditional means. His skills were in understanding a battlefield, and wielding the blades holstered at his hip. There was wisdom to his words; perhaps his time on the road had degraded his silhouetted skills. His eyes turning from shi to Saki...another mystery with a strange connection to the man that had brought them all together. He only hoped he had a chance to get to know them; He was eager to begin his new life in The Shokan Clan.

"Where is our new home to be then? Are we resurrecting this tea house or have you a place yet to show us?" He asked after silence had fallen over the room once again. He hadn't had a rooted home in some time and was eager to finally have a place to grow, build, and defend. It felt refreshing to have something tangible to fight for again. The fire within changing as time did with all.

Edited by Djinn&Juice

"You knew exactly what you were getting when you asked me here." Shi pushes the glass across the table, toward Eiji. "Reputation, honor, the empire. These things don't motivate me." He stands, his gaze empty and apathetic. "So long as you pay me, I'll work for you." His arms cross in the small of his back, fingers locking around his forearms. "This is a job, a business arrangement. Nothing more, nothing less." Slow steps take him toward the door, although he stops short of exiting. Turning to look at the others, the visage of the false face twists into what can only be described as a mockery of a sincere smile. "I hope that all of you understand. I am not your friend. We are not family. And you are not my compatriots, partners, or comrades." His head tilts ever so slightly to the left causing his hair to sway in front of dulled eyes. "We are coworkers. Nothing more, nothing less." His head rights as he looks from Eiji toward Aegis, and then finally toward Saki. A brief pauses is afforded to them, should they choose to object. Not that it would change anything. Either Eiji wants him on the payroll, or he doesn't.

"Aegis, a word of advice. Burn too brightly, and you'll burn yourself out. Maybe test the waters before throwing yourself all in, blind devotion is folly, especially toward strangers." The lips of the false smile grow to casshire proportions, the fine lines of illusion twisting into something sardonic. Shi's right hand reaches up to the mask and adjusts it. "Sorry, my mask was slipping." The comment is made as he turns from the group and crosses the threshold to the outdoors, his left hand waving as he walks away.

Smug+faces+will+always+be+my+favorite+my+folder+_c135cce8d71aaef2f64e1e698b16401d.pngIt seems that everyone else has left, leaving Aegis and Jiji-chan the last people in the room. Except for Saki. She was silent with a pensive look on her face.

Boys won't be boys if they don't start dick-measuring with each other. How amusing.

Saki knows what she wants and that was to live a peaceful life with these newfound clan. The less action she sees, the better. She's just tired from all these conflicts and confrontations.

A peaceful life.

"Ah, Jiji-chan. You never cease to amaze," Saki drawled, her voice. "Still, I'll play this little game of yours and see how far your little clan can go. You have my word, Eiji. I'll join the clan."

Eiji had expected nothing less from Shi, so he was more than satisfied with the arrangement that he described. Some men were more motivated by coin than power, and he was now in the position to work with either. All told, this meeting had gone better than he ever could have hoped. It hadn't been smooth, and there were a few moments where he was sure that new bloodstains would soon join the old liquor stains on the floor; but it had all worked out in the end. He now had his branch heads, and a capable operative besides. Now it would be upon him to lead them to glory.

"It's fitting no?" he said in answer to Aegis, "A shack turned into a home, outcasts turned into a clan."

Turning to Saki he smiled wolfishly, "I've not even started."

He poured another round of sake for his new comrades and raised his glass, "To Shokan, and to Datsuzoku!"

SUMMARY: Given mandate by the Emperor, Benjamin Crosshaw assumes the identity of Shokan Eiji, and founds Clan Shokan. To this end, he invites several individuals; each some of the best in their chosen fields, to be the top members of the clan. When all arrive at the dilapidated tea house that will one day serve as their home, things are at first tense. Differing personalities clash, and it even seems that a fight may break out. Fortunately, Eiji manages to regain some semblance of control over the meeting, and soon all invited agree to join Shokan.

SHORT SUMMARY: Clan Shokan is formed after an eventful meeting.

CONSEQUENCES AND OPPORTUNITIES:  Clan Shokan is formed, missions for the clan, and membership are now open to all.

@King @Twitterpated