Fierach

Feast of Blades Tournament (Canon Restrictions Removed)

Trueblade Tournament Format  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Setting to the tournament bracket and seeds, but you guys have the option of:

• Single Elimination
    • Double Elimination

Hmmmm I will send a paladin from the White Hand in for one of the events - not decided on which one yet. The motivation being it as a platform for spreading awareness about the existence of the Order of the White Hand and Yh'mi. Better yet if there's press presence! (Free publicity? lollll)

I agree with Grubs, the requirement for Trueblades can be something to the effect of x number of posts. 1 S rank quest or 2 A rank quests may be too high, and not everyone takes on quests. 60 posts sound a bit much though, unless all the posts in the thread count, and not just those written by the player. (As a reference, in one S rank quest, usually I have 20+ to 30+ posts individually.)

Edited by jaistlyn

Got a couple questions.

A. Does your character have to be of an affiliation of sorts? Can they just be a warrior you have? Also with the second and third events (Sworn and Wild) is there a requirement to what warrior gets used. Cause most of my characters see little use as I haven't been in as many threads as others. 

B. So assuming the events are obviously combat based, what weapons are allowed? I understand some warriors use bladed, blunt and other types of weapons but what else is allowed?

C. Magic. Is lycanthropy considering magic if it's not magic based but rather just something they were born with? Also what if magic is the only way they can use their weapon, i.e. summoning a weapon?

2 hours ago, SteamWarden said:

Got a couple questions.

A. Does your character have to be of an affiliation of sorts? Can they just be a warrior you have? Also with the second and third events (Sworn and Wild) is there a requirement to what warrior gets used. Cause most of my characters see little use as I haven't been in as many threads as others. 

B. So assuming the events are obviously combat based, what weapons are allowed? I understand some warriors use bladed, blunt and other types of weapons but what else is allowed?

C. Magic. Is lycanthropy considering magic if it's not magic based but rather just something they were born with? Also what if magic is the only way they can use their weapon, i.e. summoning a weapon?

A. No requirements for the second and third events. Your warrior does not have to have any kind of affiliation, but it helps with the reputation. After all, using Grubb's character as an example, Knight Commander Marshall Gamesly of House Uldwar's Dogs of War, sounds much more reputable then, Marshall Gamesly, random warrior of unknown accolades. There's a certain kind of prestige to be had when a character is known to be as one of the deadliest combatants across the land.

B. Almost all kinds of weapons are allowed. I'm not letting you bring a rocket launcher, but smaller firearms will be allowed for second and third events. 

C. Magic is allowed in limited amount for second and third events as well. I expect people to use their judgement. Obviously I'm not going to deprive you of your weapon if you have to summon it, but if you call down meteor on the creature you're hunting or the enemy team I will be disappoint.

Edited by Fierach

While I doubt I'll be participating, I don't think that limiting the first event to "quest-specific" achievements is a good look. Most of the quests that people do are artifact related, and after they've completed them there really isn't any noise about the success or failure of said quest. For instance, how many people in-character know that Lilith has one of the gauntlets of Zengi, outside of those in her circle? How many people know that Thotification's character has Baeoi?

There are plenty of characters on the forum that haven't completed any high-level quests, yet they have had a considerable impact on the actual setting you're writing in, from participating in wars to killing gods. Shouldn't those individuals be allowed in, as well (since the premise here is characters of strength and renown)? I don't think it would hurt. Then again, if this is your hard limit for this particular section of the event, then that's fine too.

Just giving some food for thought.

@King

Wouldn't the act of participating in a war or killing a god usually be part of a quest? Or is am I misusing the nomenclature.  

Edit: To elaborate:

---

Gimme one sec while I write up my elaboration.

Edited by Fierach

31 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

@Fierach I think you mean canon. Like, for example, the whole arc for Abbadon's kidnapping of Gabriela is canon, but not a quest, i.e. it wasn't something the board leader put out in order for the player to get some kind of reward. 

Yeah, I guess canon is just a better word. Lengthy pieces of canon that further one's rep, not just quests. ?

2 minutes ago, Fierach said:

Yeah, I guess canon is just a better word. Lengthy pieces of canon that further one's rep, not just quests. ?

Jaistlyn pretty much nailed it. It's one of those, "All quests can be Canon, but not all Canon is quests" type of deals.