Fierach

Feast of Blades Tournament (Canon Restrictions Removed)

5 hours ago, supernal said:

I think if you kept the eyes emoji in your quote it adds more joke context 

oh. my computer can't view the emoji so it's just a plain ol' square from where i'm looking. thanks for clarifying that for me

i'd like to know if there is  a fixed posting order on the IC thread or if it's just random per people having a sub-plot going on?

From OP:

Armor is limited to three types. For those who desire heavier protection, training half-plate is provided, minus the helmet, featuring breastplate, pauldrons, gauntlets, greaves, and tassets. For lighter protection, hardened leather suits and gambesons can be provided, well-tailored to your character, and participants can opt out of protection altogether, although against recommendations.

I side with the notion that the above description is kind of vague, but not detrimentally so, because my impression is that Fierach is pushing as much for a general standard as flexibility within parameters. For instance, gambeson is not mentioned in 'heavier protection' and only mentioned in 'lighter protection', but apparently it was a safe assumption on my part that, having chosen heavier protection, I also included a gambeson. It makes sense that if you're wearing plate then you are wearing padding (leather, gambeson, etc.) beneath the plate, otherwise...say good bye to your skin.

'Half plate' (medium? heavy?) meanwhile, is actually a proper term in that half plate is basically 'half of full plate'. Where full plate covers your body from head to toe (more or less), as with your typical suit of knight armor, half plate may cover only what FIerach listed in the above description. At first I thought no helmet was a horrible oversight but, after researching half plate (and even the pros and cons of a helmet, to my surprise) it is common enough that half plate does indeed exclude a helmet.

I type the above for general awareness, particularly if what you are gearing toward is the 'material' ("types") of the armor, in which case we appear to be going no further than realistic steel (so no mithril etc.).

Material types of course. 

The above was already listed, I'm aware lol Was really looking for this ref description I had for my character. I know Fierach even said some armors could be potentially tailored to fit our characters and whatnot. 

Edited by Etched In Stone

Tailored which pretty much means exactly what it says, to fit your characters in a manner that it doesn't convey any relative disadvantage or advantage in comparison to another character wearing the same type of armor. Somewhat less durable then realistic steel is the goal, (given that realistic steel is actually pretty durable), to allow for the fantastic and to display that these aren't just normal people fighting. 

How would ‘somewhat less durable than realistic steel’ translate IC? Particularly in regards to fantasy and our above normal characters, and whether this sword can slash into that breastplate.

I can elaborate if need be but I’m trying to refrain from bombarding with questions and examples on the front end.