SteamWarden

In dire need of help

With the fight over, Chi reclaimed his gear. "Of course, skinning is an all to common job for me." He pulled out his boot knife and began the process, starting from the neck and slowly making his way down towards the rear. Being careful not the break into the bowls, the last thing he wanted to have to clean off his own fur was wolf innards. Once he reached the base of the tail, he began cutting his way up the legs before slowly peeling the skin back. Once he got to the head, it became a much more gentle job. Inverting the skin, Chi careful peeled and cut around the skull. Finally giving him the much needed product. "One down, six more to go."

'I know what I'm gonna be eating for the next couple days! Wolf meat, wolf meat and maybe some more wolf meat.'

After 30 minutes of skinning, he ended up with seven fine fur pelts. Dragging the bodies into a line, he reached inside their chest cavities and ripped each heart out and lined them up. "Welp, we now have seven fin fur pelts. Each one being of surprisingly nice quality! The last thing to do is pick a heart, I'll leave that to you as it's going to be your companion. You've got seven to pick from, which will it be?"

Ragnar watched Chinafel skin the wolves and upon looking at the skins he realized they weren't damaged to badly, which is good thing. Then he saw the hearts and examined them. All were the same size except one which was only a slight bit larger. It wasn't noticeable by much but he softly picked up and set it aside. "That one." Then he realized two more things were needed. He remembered the voice said something about Mjolnir. As he thought about it he realized Mjolnir is made of uru metal. It was long before he heard a portal open beside them and looked inside. Inside the portal was a large ball of metal on a pedestal. Upon closer inspection he realized it was uru metal and quickly plucked it from the pedestal and set it on the ground, the portal closing behind him. "Yeah I remember something needed. Something to do with a power source? How's a solid ball of uru metal?"

Chinafel held the uru sphere in his hand, getting a feel for the weight. Despite the size, it was surprisingly light. Moving it into the pile of growing materials, an ever daunting job for the old timer. Chi began by sewing the hides together using silveril wire, a 'Special' wire which he managed to sneak out of a government warehouse. Carefully, each piece slowly became one. Once all were combined, they formed the rough shape of a wolf. Folding it over, Chi then placed the heart inside.

'Easy part done, now let us get to business.'

Taking the sphere, Chi walked over to Ragnar. Gently taking his hand and placing it above the uru. "This is gonna sting a little." He pulled out his knife a proceeded to cut Ragnar's palm, the blood coating the sphere before being absorbed by the mysterious metal. With the remaining blood, he painted calling patterns across the pelt. With the ritual ready and materials prepped, it was time.

"Hope you're ready for this, just because it has your blood doesn't mean it'll accept you. You may have a fight on you hands, so be armed and ready."

Lifting up the hide, he placed the sphere beside the heart and proceeded to move to a safe distance, leaving Ragnar to attend to the matter. A couple of minutes passed before the summoning process began. Bone and muscle tissue began forming at a rapid rate, creating its skeletal form. The hide slowly followed behind, covering the muscle. After several minutes, the once rough sewn hide now resembled a wolf. Its form slowly became bigger and bigger, the seemingly lifeless body just kept growing. Only once larger than the warrior himself did it stop, before it began twitching and flailing around. It suddenly jumped on all fours, staring at Ragnar. Presenting its teeth, the wolf started circling him.

"Like I said, it might not accept you. Assert dominance, show it who's alpha!"

The second Chi got Ragnar's blood and the dire wolf began forming itself he transformed with his beast form. The process was no more than a minute and then he saw the dire wolf staring him down, teeth showing. As he watched it, he backed slowly towards his axe. When he went to reach for the axe, the beast snarled and lunged at him before he could pick the weapon up. With a quick roll he moved out of the way. This wasn't a time to get caught in the paws of something more ferocious than himself and probably just as strong. 

Without many options for weapons he bared his claws and watched the wolf turn and face him. The beast howled and started circling the warrior again, causing Ragnar to roar in retaliation. The moment he finished his roar the wolf lunged at him again showing no fear. Quickly Ragnar ran towards it and tackled it from under, both wolf and warrior going in the opposite direction. When they both landed Ragnar quickly reached for his axe and picked it up, holding it to the sky. Once the wolf stood on it's legs again Ragnar slammed the blade into the ground and a lightning bolt shoot down directly in front of the beast. 

"You, listen to me, Fenris." After having said this he roared and charged the wolf, watching it charge in return. Instead of attacking Fenris, Ragnar dropped his axe and grabbed the front legs of Fenris and threw him behind him into a tree, a loud CRACK sounding throughout the forest. As he turned to Fenris, he slowly walked over to the wolf on the ground and snarled at it. "You. Listen. To. ME!" He roared and stared the wolf down. Not too long after this moment the wolf submitted to Ragnar and walked over to him, with tail tucked. 

With a smile he shifted back into human form and sighed heavily with exhaustion. "Chi. Still here? I think he realizes who the alpha wolf is now." Quietly he places a hand on Fenris' head and gives him a pat. "So anything else you need to tell me before our business is over?"

The fight end with a happy and victorious Ragnar, an outcome that Chi was fearful might not occur. With the beast submitted, Chi felt its pelt. The hair was pure black, it alone felt thick enough to stop swords. It was in good condition, by far one of his finest creations. With his work done and client seemingly happy, he released a joyful sigh.

"Of course I'm here, just enjoying the fight. Reminds me of the those gladiator arenas, but with real warriors. I'm glad to see you're happy with your new companion, Fenris did you call him? Haha, one of my finest pieces yet. Tho, I'm unsure of how it'll change. Heavy mixed blood and materials, they sometimes change over time. Sometimes good, sometimes bad or neither. Either way, I'm sure you'll be able to handle it."

Chi felt Fenris' chest, getting a feel for the heart beat. "Everything seems fine, but only time will tell. Now, let us conclude with pay and I'll be on my way. Thankfully, all materials were simple and you supplied the uru so things won't cost ya much." With everything concluded, Chi began his journey home.