Your Unlucky Raven

The Awaited Journey ( closed. )

"Alright," Shad said, nodding as he started to walk with his flashlight in hand trying to find a way as he walked the path, having no doubt Tyr would be following him and walking beside his side. "If I may suggest, let our next destination be somewhere, warm and beautiful and not filled with death and dread, what do you say, would you like that?" he softly asks as he looks at her, smiling.

@Your Unlucky Raven

She would laugh at his response as they made their way back too the mouth of that chasm. The next part would be...fun.
Those dark tendrils would slip from the floor beneath her when they neared the expanse, guiding along infront of them before shooting up toward top. He...may not like that next part.
"If you hold on, just... don't.. concentrate on what it tells you. Ignore it. And hold on tight." She said with a smirk.

@MichaelTheLightBringer

"Ugh...okay, I guess," Shad said, following what she instructed him to do. He places his shield on his back and with both hands grips on the tendrils tight, he gives her a look. "I'm not going to like this part now, am I?" he asks tilting his head preparing himself to what she has now planned.

@Your Unlucky Raven

Edited by MichaelTheLightBringer

The woman would smirk, a small tug of the corner of her lips in the darkness as she watched the confusion on his face. No... he likely wasn't going to like it. Had the tendrils touched the surface of his skin, that uneasy feeling would intensify. It would have brought a sickening feeling to his stomach, like a weight was dropped within. Like a thousand eyes and a thousand jagged smiles were staring at him from that darkness, a darkness that lurked deep within. If he focused and chose to listen to them, those tiny mouths would whisper sweet promises of power,, unimaginable strength, they would whisper being able to give him his old life back, before the serum, the life with the human he loved. Of course the corruption always took a price, a piece, a toll for its services to one day collect upon.

She would watch him carefully for a moment as the corruption slipped across their hands, keeping the two in place as the swirling silk like platform beneath them suddenly jerked forward. Her gaze studied his expressions as the tendrils shot them upward.  "Just remember to breath.. None of it is real."

@MichaelTheLightBringer

Shad would notice how the tendrils would touch the surface of his skin, he indeed without a doubt would feel the uneasiness as it intensified. That sickening feeling in his stomach would cause for him to look down, feeling the weight dropping him within, but he fights through as his eyes and cheeks would squint, while that was somewhat over...

A thousand eyes and thousand jagged smiles were staring at him from that darkness, which lurked deep within. He wouldn't carefully listen to them, he was actually fighting not to listen to them as those tiny mouths would indeed try to fight through his will, to whisper him sweet promises of power and unimaginable strength, but that was never his true intentions, to begin with. That is why he was chosen to become the Super Soldier, because those Knights back there before the Serum, saw greatness in him as he was noble, for he was weak but knew the true value of strength which would later down in his path follow him, allowing him to even budge Magnus's hammer, in fact, that day, he could have lifted it but he was afraid he would hurt Magnus's feelings so he chose not to, that was worthiness at its purest form.

But as the whispers continued to try to persuade him, to get his old life back, before the serum, to live that life with the women he loved. Shad would shake his head, she was dead, how could he accept something like this and disgrace her death? It wouldn't be right, it would make him selfish at best. He moved on, he forgot about her, he made peace within him about her death. The only one that truly mattered to him and he truly loved was Tyr.

Nothing will change that now, the corruption will fail. As his unbreakable will would break their bond of corruption they tried to create with Shad, for he was no easy prey, perhaps back there with the dream may have made him weak but no one should be mistaken that he is, for it was a minor slip up, he was not to be mess with, not on a emotional level either. Because the punishment would have been quite a painful one.

As Tyr would watch him, at first she might pick off there was a battle within him, between him and the corruption trying to break him. But he would look up and then at her, with his light blue eyes at her own, signifying that he won that battle, he did not fall short, he remained worthy. 

As they go upwards because of the tendrils, he would do as told and he continued to breathe normally, coming at peace with himself, for the moment at least, realizing that none of it was truly real. His soften lovely look he had on Tyr would change, giving her a you owe me something. "Yeah, my feelings were right, I wouldn't like it. I hope you have something to make it up for it," he teased flirtatiously at her while giving her also a smirk. "Because it was for sure not a pleasant short battle with the corruption challenging my will and worthiness."

@Your Unlucky Raven

Edited by MichaelTheLightBringer

As the two would near the edge of the chasm, the woman would give a small laugh at his words. The corruptions was indeed testing him, that was for sure. But would the next attempt yield similar results? The corruption was a hungry things, for anything really be in information or meat. The corruption would be waiting for him next time, it would try to test him again.

They would exit, the corruption slipping back along the womans armor like an oil slick. Having grown accustomed to its constant nattering, she would have merely suppressed it, ignoring it. 

The two would round the hall leading back to the other chasm. Again, those tendrils would rise. Though before he toughed them, she would stop him. Raising up on tip toe to place a kiss upon his lips.  "You'e doing really well, had there been a different option to get out i'm all for it. We don't have to leave if you don't want to. At least... not with corruption,"  

@MichaelTheLightBringer

As their lips would meet, he would kiss her with equal passion as his left arm would slip around her waist pulling her closer to him, as the kiss was broken he would look into her eyes as she spoke. "Well. thank you. I guess that settles things down just fine." he said, remarking the kiss they just had.

Shad would blink for a moment. "Oh, well if the corruption is the only way to get out of here then, yeah, I am all for it," he said. "Because truth be told, I wanna get outta here." his tone would give away that he truly did want to get out of this place of death, for there was nothing more to explore.

@Your Unlucky Raven

Smiling softly, she would have stepped back some, his arms still around her waist as she moved to grab the tendril that would carry them upward. The would have made it to the final level.

The corruption would have indeed tried to test him again. This time pressing even harder as the mans will, showing him images of that white picket fence he talked about, the two point five kids, the woman he was with before it all, even the barking of a dog. It would push at his senses, hard. and yet the lad would likely make it through without cause, the two would make their way toward the entrance of the ruins.

Breaking the silence of their journey though, she would look up at him, knowing full well what kind of games would lurk in the darkness. What else could she had said.  "I'm sorry for that, Shad.."

@MichaelTheLightBringer

He would smile as he continues to look at her as they made it up to the final level. Indeed the corruption would try its dirty tricks again, to test him again, he could definitely feel as this time around it would press even harder, those images looked indeed very real, the white picket fence, the two-point-five children, and the woman he was with before it all and the barking of a dog.

Shad realized how desperate the corruption was, how desperate it was to break him, but his strong unbreakable will continued to rain victories as he shakes his head, dismissing the thoughts. "Ah, it comes getting to me with stronger visions now." he closes his eyes as he opens them, noticing that they made their way towards the entrance of the ruins.

His look would soften at her apology, he would closely approach her as he gently touches her at the sides of her jaw with his hands. "It's okay, don't worry about it. I know if there was any other way, we would have used it." he softly says, as he looks her in the eyes. He would lean in and give her a kiss on the lips, brushing his with her own for the moment, enjoying it while it lasted.

@Your Unlucky Raven

The feel of his fingers across her jaw would have caused a small smile to play on her lips, she would have returned the kiss, deepening it some before pulling away to make her way back through the entrance of the ruins. She would have waited for him outside, leaning against the halberd slightly as her gaze roamed over the area. The place hadn't been entirely a disappointment. It kinda reminded her of the Abyss in a way, minus the trees of course. It had been nice to get back out into the open air.

"Gods... I never thought I'd be that happy to see the sky.."

@MichaelTheLightBringer

Shad would come outside as well, noticing her leaning against her halberd slightly, he would let out a "hmm." to her remark to the sky. "Yeah, it sure does feel so, but I just wanna get out of this hell hole," he said, as he looks at her. "Like don't get me wrong, it wasn't entirely a disappointment but I don't wanna come here back ever again...like ever," he said, shaking his head.

He would then look around. "So about our next journey, how about..." he looks at her. "You let me take the lead and see where the path I choose for us would lead us?" he asks.

@Your Unlucky Raven

She would chuckle at his reply, looking from the sky back toward him as she gave a small nod. Suppose it wasn't like he was used to at all.

"I would like that. You lead the way. Least for now."  She would smirk.

Making her way back toward the main path they had initially started on, where was he going to pick and what strange adventures were they about to be wrapped up in.

@MichaelTheLightBringer

Shad nods he follows her back on the path they initially started on, as then he would take the lead, he approached her closely from her left side as he wrapped his right arm around her shoulder. "Just promise me to stay with me till the end of the line, alright?" he asks, as he gave her a deepened kiss on her cheek, as essentially the path would lead them into a place of legend, called Selemath where the Great Woods was and the Temple of the Tree, as they walked on the path the ruins would grow smaller as the distance grew.

@Your Unlucky Raven