Csl

Time will tell [UM noble house meeting]

1 minute ago, supernal said:

need to know what the positions are that we’d be expected to fill to make a proper recommendation given how my house is constructed. I can make a list of domains we can throw back and forth unless the elected king wants to take responsibility for producing it 

That'd be great, yes pls.

Karradeen's compromise was based on the dali proposal after all.

16 minutes ago, Csl said:

That'd be great, yes pls.

Karradeen's compromise was based on the dali proposal after all.

Here's something. I took the US cabinet and condensed or did without where I thought it made sense. 10 is a nice number but we shouldn't feel pressured to fill or name every position even if we say we have X number of them. It'll just be that the positions players actually fill will be the positions with the spotlight on them; the rest can be nameless or named NPCs

1. Foreign affairs
  2. Treasury (inc. budget)
  3. Attorney general (as I understand it and being general, the cabinet's legal expert)
  4. Defense (inc. intelligence)
  5. Agriculture
  6. Commerce
  7. Labor
  8. Health / Social Services (inc. education and parks)
  9. Infrastructure
  10. Transportation

14 minutes ago, supernal said:

Here's something. I took the US cabinet and condensed or did without where I thought it made sense. 10 is a nice number but we shouldn't feel pressured to fill or name every position even if we say we have X number of them. It'll just be that the positions players actually fill will be the positions with the spotlight on them; the rest can be nameless or named NPCs

1. Foreign affairs
  2. Treasury (inc. budget)
  3. Attorney general (as I understand it and being general, the cabinet's legal expert)
  4. Defense (inc. intelligence)
  5. Agriculture
  6. Commerce
  7. Labor
  8. Health / Social Services (inc. education and parks)
  9. Infrastructure
  10. Transportation

On the note of this, since there are only four houses, does each house provide one person to oversee several jurisdictions (for example, Karradeen has expertise that would qualify them in both Transporation and Commerce), or does each house get assigned multiple positions and thus get multiple people, OR, do we have to make up 6 NPC houses to cover the other positions?

What does everyone think?

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

On the note of this, since there are only four houses, does each house provide one person to oversee several jurisdictions (for example, Karradeen has expertise that would qualify them in both Transporation and Commerce), or does each house get assigned multiple positions and thus get multiple people, OR, do we have to make up 6 NPC houses to cover the other positions?

Minus Hildebrand, there are five-- Dali, Karradeen, Kholin, Mythal, Uldwar

10 positions could = 2 reps each house.

2 minutes ago, Csl said:

Unless @Infernal changed his mind in the course of the last few hours, my understanding is Uldwar will be gone as an entity in short order.

Though, I suppose that won't affect the initial set-up out of the meeting... so fair enough.

So, next question would be assignments then.

Edited by Tyler

21 minutes ago, Tyler said:

17 minutes ago, Csl said:

I think one rep for one position makes sense and we don’t have to make up NPCs for the remaining positions. Merely say that they’re NPC positions. At most we can just procgen names for common anchor points. There’s no need to take on any undue burden fleshing out positions which wouldn’t be player filled

I’m fine with each house picking two reps too but there’s no actual need for it 

Edited by supernal

4 hours ago, supernal said:

I think one rep for one position makes sense and we don’t have to make up NPCs for the remaining positions. Merely say that they’re NPC positions. At most we can just procgen names for common anchor points. There’s no need to take on any undue burden fleshing out positions which wouldn’t be player filled

I’m fine with each house picking two reps too but there’s no actual need for it 

Alright, so one rep each house, each with a position as a Minister (chairman? secretary?) in one of these positions

5 hours ago, supernal said:
  • Foreign affairs
  • Treasury (inc. budget)
  • Attorney general (as I understand it and being general, the cabinet's legal expert)
  • Defense (inc. intelligence)
  • Agriculture
  • Commerce
  • Labor
  • Health / Social Services (inc. education and parks)
  • Infrastructure
  • Transportation

I'm posting a check for new aristocratic families that could be promoted into nobility when all of this is settled and finalized. So maybe those NPC roles would eventually be filled with PCs. Anyway, topic for future discussion.

@Csl Has it been decided for certain that the representative can't be the head of the house? I wasn't sure if that was being retconned into Karradeen's original proposal, or something that was still up in the air and being decided upon.

I'm asking because that will decide who I pick as a representative for Kholin.

As for the list, it looks good. Is defense being used for all things military? I would imagine so since there doesn't seem to be anything else military related?

11 minutes ago, King said:

@Csl Has it been decided for certain that the representative can't be the head of the house? I wasn't sure if that was being retconned into Karradeen's original proposal, or something that was still up in the air and being decided upon.

I'm asking because that will decide who I pick as a representative for Kholin.

As for the list, it looks good. Is defense being used for all things military? I would imagine so since there doesn't seem to be anything else military related?

The representative can be the head of the house.

And yes, I think so. 

18 minutes ago, King said:

Correct 

Is that the domain you’re most interested in?

Agriculture or commerce or attorney general seem interesting to me 

Edited by supernal

18 minutes ago, supernal said:

Correct 

Is that the domain you’re most interested in?

Agriculture or commerce or attorney general seem interesting to me 

Yeah, it is. That's pretty much House Kholin's bread and butter.

22 hours ago, Csl said:

OATHSWORN
Rozharon will propose the following IC

• Oathblade wielders must keep their identities public. If an Oathblade is owned by someone under a noble house, thr blade can be said as belonging to that noble house, and not specify it's owner's identity. This is to keep each wielder accountable to whatever they do with their blades.
  • Oathsworn are obligated to defend against threats to the *people* of Ursa Madeum as a whole, as much as it's in their capacity to do so.
  • Oathblades will not be allowed to be used against other houses or to further political agendas. They also cannot be used for crime, evil, all that.

This won't be proposed by Roz in the meeting, but she'll be telling Crowley later to act as an IC banhammer and take back the blades if their wielders abuse their power. Lenore will likely help him. Essentially what he did with Sunscar and Marrow during Misral on Fire.

Of course, breaking the above rules for agreed-upon plots doesn't mean instantly getting them yoinked by Crowley/Wade. Things like Crowley failing to defeat the rule violator, the violator escaping, etc., can be arranged. Collaboration is supreme, just run things through Wade when it comes down to it.

I've been working a lot and haven't been able to keep up with the flood in this channel. Sorry for pulling this back to the forefront after it already seems to have been discussed. What happens if the identity Oathblade's owner can't be deduced? What happens if Lenore and Crowley come to yoink an Oathblade from someone and they both end up getting killed? I'm asking because I'd like a clear indication of where the IC/OOC begin and end in regards to these items, since you said run things through Wade.

Can he OOCly remove one of the blades from a player because he doesn't like the idea they've come up with? 

Edited by King