Csl

Time will tell [UM noble house meeting]

9 hours ago, Csl said:

@danzilla3 and @Malintzin have expressed their interest in continuing Senaria's presence in Thraece. Since this meeting was intended to discuss internal UM affairs, and Senaria is linked to Hyperion, I'm considering this a UM-Hyperion plot instead of a House Senaria-Nobility plot.

OOC I don't mind letting them continue THRIVE and developing Thraece, though IC there still needs to be some sort of agreement between the new UM government and Hyperion.

Whatever the outcome, it will be discussed after the meeting itself, when the new UM gov't is established, and won't be brought up with the thread.

Port Moon (Renovatio-owned port) could actually be challenged in the same way since it's a foreign entity setting up shop on UM land. That can be discussed after the meeting too.

Understanding it won't be brought up in this thread since it was brought up here and there's some ooc opining I want some of that too

I think the additional commerce is a good thing . . . so long as it's actually a good thing. It won't be politically independent (imo) and, while it will have to be lucrative enough to incentivize their involvement in the first place it will also have to be lucrative for UM to rationalize allowing that involvement too

5 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

Not sure what you mean by if it's actually a good thing @supernal

Pretty much exactly that. That it’s actually good for everybody and not just superficially so or benefits the external party to an outsized proportion. Basically I’ll have to wait for that explanation 

Edited by supernal

37 minutes ago, Infernal said:

I think we should skip to forming the new government before we make any decisions on the Oathsworn. Godric has severe reservations about the group and wants to enact safeguards in order to prevent another massacre.

One of the things Roz would push for is establishing an oathsworn group independent from the new govt (avengers w/o sokovia accords) so they can't be used as personal grim reapers of whoever ends up in power (again). I didn't think it was necessary for her to outline exactly what she'd recommend bc it's the new gov'ts decision in the end.

31 minutes ago, supernal said:

I think you've got a super good point here

That said I also think that like w/ Oscar we can make suggestions as to what should happen as a bare minimum and if it's something particularly extreme, then defer to the later government but still keep it as a suggestion. So for example with Ampelos he felt comfortable making suggestions as to what should happen regardless for the Hildebrand restitution and balked only at the application of the death penalty

Something similar can happen here. That said I'm not particularly married to the order being one way or the other

Also yes this is a thing he can do.

I'm okay with skipping to new gov't discussion though.

11 minutes ago, supernal said:

Pretty much exactly that. That it’s actually good for everybody and not just superficially so or benefits the external party to an outsized proportion. Basically I’ll have to wait for that explanation 

Yeah, it's a good one. She puts it pretty eloquently, so I'm not gonna try to emulate her. It'd be like a methed up clown trying to cover opera music solely through horn honks. 

? Just yeeeeeet it, yeeeeet it, yeeeeeet it, yeeeeet it!
No one wants this topic repeated!
Time to move to next verbal fight
We'll all talk later 'bout the fate of that knight
Just yeet it, yeet it
Just yeet it, yeet it
Just yeet it, yeet it
Just yeet it, yeet it ?

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

? Just yeeeeeet it, yeeeeet it, yeeeeeet it, yeeeeet it!
No one wants this topic repeated!
Time to move to next verbal fight
We'll all talk later 'bout the fate of that knight
Just yeet it, yeet it
Just yeet it, yeet it
Just yeet it, yeet it
Just yeet it, yeet it ?

8 out of ten, weird al would be proud.