Michael Bloodfang

Legacy of Requiem - The New Leaguers

The man allowed the large umbrella rod to rest on his shoulder. He wore a suit and tie, fashionably paired with a matching hat. "You mind telling me why you're here meeting with Bruce instead of meeting with me? You know I don't like to be kept waiting."

The hair that fell underneath the edges of his hat was black and streaks of bleach-white age was noticeably uncovered. The 64 year old man did not care to bother with hair dyes to try and conceal the inevitable. He tilted his head and looked back toward Zane still waiting for a response. "Well?"

"Something came up, and then I couldn't lose them..." Zane too glanced toward the mansion in the distance. "Look, I have what you asked for, alright?" He reached into his coat pocket and took out a slim silver box containing a flash drive. Upon seeing the shiny container, the man smiled. "Well I guess all is not a loss, then? If you didn't have this, well, you remember the terms."

Edited by EtherealWings

"Hmm, how are things between you and Megan?" he asked standing up as he walked into the kitchen.

"Oh me and Megan...well hehe" he said a bit nervously. "Great, I suppose." when he said that Bruce would come out with a bottle of jack daniels and two glasses.

He places one in front of him at the table and one towards him and pours the drink till the glass was half fulled. "Have a drink kid." he said with a smirk as he sits back, Spider-Man would dissolve his suit and appeared back to normal.

Little did the know that his two little nephews would be peaking through the door and called out to him. "Uncle Connor!" they both said happily as the ran and jumped on him, he of course, catches them. "Oh hello guys." he pats them.

"Hi there." Katrina said as she walked towards Bruce and sat on his lap as he wrapped his hands around her.

"Hello, Katrina all things good right?" he asked.

"Yeah, all things considered." 

@EtherealWings

"You know... a connection within their group would be very useful.... Have you been holding out on me? How long have you known one of the richest men alive, boy?" The man asked, his english accent heavy.

"Uhh.... maybe 15 minutes? There's nothing I can do amongst them, they... well, they don't trust easily. Why would they want me to be part of their team, right? It's a lost cause," Zane tried to change his boss's mind before it was made up. He wasn't even supposed to track him here. "I got what you wanted, is there anything else? I need to go and get some sleep."

The man studied Zane for a moment. "They don't let just anyone cross their gates. What did they help you with, anyway?"

"The spidersuit offered to clear my record after I did something nice for some lady, nothing special..." 

He narrowed his eyes, then tapped his foot, making small splashes on the wet ground. "I say you get back in there and get me some more intel, yes?" He held up the silver container and tapped it with the same hand that held it. "Don't let me down, yeah?" He turned and got into a black car parked around the corner, leaving Zane there in the pouring rain.

Connor would start cuddling with the kids. "I see you guys are well." he would stroke their cheeks.

"Well, they are in good hands." he looks at Katrina.

"Hey, you did great too, just you are off to work lately and well they miss you." Katrina told Bruce.

He nods in agreement. "Hmm, I am feeling a bit desperate..." Bruce said. "I don't know the guy and I let him in my house.."

Connor looks at him. "Well, I get where you are coming from man." he nods. "But I guess all we can do is hope for the best and well wait."

@EtherealWings

"I never do get a say, do I?" Zane said out loud. He leaned on the gate, with crossed arms. He was standing in the rain, though barely seemed uncomfortable. He took out the communication device Bruce gave him and looked toward where his boss drove off. This is why I don't get involved in these things.

He set the device over his ear to see how it fit. It seemed to still power on despite the rain, which eased his mind as he'd been completely drenched with it.

"Well let's make this short." Bruce said getting to the point, it seem the guy could have a break now could he?. "We need to regroup the team and now." he orders. "I want to get in contact with both Will and Nathan, the same with the Furious group and Doctor Mercy."

Connor, Katrina and the Kids looked at him in a serious way. "Like right now?" Katrina asked.

Bruce nods. "Yes, I want to get in touch with them, I am tired of this inactivity and me working alone, time to bring back the Destiny League." 

They would all nod to what Bruce said.

@EtherealWings

Zane turned to look at the mansion again. He shook his head, not going back in as his boss instructed. He needed to remain near the mansion in order for him to think he was doing as he was told in case he was tracked via GPS again. The large front gate had one or two cameras, but he tried to stand out of the way of them.

Bruce stands up on his feet. "Alright let's go into the basement." he tells Connor. Connor would nod in response and follow him down the stairs to his basement while Katrina would take the kids and walk down with them in her embrace.

The basement looked very techy and smooth in design, Connor would whistle to the sight. "Man, you know how to spend your fortune Bruce." to that remark Bruce would laugh as he sits in front of his big flat monitor screen and a holographic keyboard appeared.

Connor would rest his hand on Bruce's chair and leaned against it. "So you gonna call them, just like that?" he asked unsure of his plan.

"Yeah, just, like, that." he then proceeded to call them....

Somewhere in the alleyway of New York a bit far away from Bruce's mansion, something would enter the atmosphere, it was Magnus with his Chaosbraker dueling it out with a strange being, who matched his level of power. Their aura clashed against each other as they served blows for blows, creating shockwaves as they continue to enter Earth's atmosphere as they eventually while they fought crash landed into the street which created a crater around everything as the dust was almost hiding what happened....

It got Bruce's attention as he ended the call and got the transmission of an extraterrestrial arrival. "Huh?" Bruce would be confused and almost baffled to hear of such a thing. "Mercy tell me who is invading earth?"

"Right away boss." she would reveal the footage, it was Magnus fighting off against a being which would have a colorful aura, gold and red robes but much more couldn't be picked out.

"Impossible..." Bruce said with a gasp.

Katrina would hold the kids tightly as she looked at the footage. "I guess you boys are going to get some action after all..."

@EtherealWings

Edited by MichaelTheLightBringer

A teen approached the crater as the dust settled, wondering what had crashed into the ground. He peered toward it, trying to make out what happened. He lifted his prosthetic arm and ran his hand through his hair, as he anxiously watched waiting for something to either jump out at him or something from space now exposed to Earth's atmosphere. He slid down into it, not knowing of the quarrel just moments prior.

The teen would walk into the heart of a heated battle as Magnus fought ferociously against this Being as he fought back, lightning and energy waves would collide against each other.

"Who are you!" Magnus grunted as he interlocked his Axe against the Beings firey sword, but this being would laugh as he crossed punch him to the jaw and knocked Magnus on the ground. "Darkseid sends his best regards." 

Magnus would look like this as he stands on the ground panting heavily with his Chaosbreaker in hand. "D-Darkseid?" he asked. "Impossible he's dead..."

48b4edcfc6c81cb648f1d693270f914d.jpg

And the mysterious being would look like this as he stands there and walks slowly towards him. "Hehehe, he may be dead but there are mysterious to the Universe not even you know, Magnus." 

0e5f6315ae6bf5ea1e7ad92112fced50.jpg

Magnus would stand up and slash with Axe towards him but he blocked it and throw another punch which Magnus would dodge. He flies up and down with his axe slashing again but the hit would be blocked again by him as he side kicks Magnus to the side and throws a massive fire ball at him which knocked Magnus to the ground.

"Peace made you weak, Magnus." he taunts as he thrusts his sword into Magnus but he blocks it with his Axe. "Heh..." Magnus would be struggling against him but a lightning bolt would strike him and send him away. "You think so?" Magnus would rise on his feet.

@EtherealWings

Edited by MichaelTheLightBringer

Zyon lifted his eyes toward them as he ventured closer. He froze in his tracks, stepping back a bit once he realized what was going on. The two were in the heat of battle and there he was standing in the midst of them. He ran toward a large piece of cement within the rubble and hid behind it. He panted, hoping neither of them saw him.

He would growl at Magnus the two would circle each other and to the teens luck they did not spot him, he hid well. "Who sent you?" he demanded to know as he rose his Chaosbreaker and pointed with it at him.

He would chuckle with a dark and low booming tone. "You have no idea, Magnus." his firey eyes would track his every move and the same would go for Magnus. "I am nothing but a Messenger, but you can call me Nictis Malum." he would chuckle slowly with a low tone.

"Nictis Malum..." Magnus repeated, the name was strange indeed as he never heard of it. He couldn't tell what Nictis was, he couldn't have been a Vestal or a Proto one, maybe a Kaethrani but he wasn't sure. He didn't look to posses a armor like body to sustain his energy force.

Eventually things would get heated and Nictis would lose his patience and jump towards Magnus and thrust his sword in a impaling manner but Magnus dodged and swung a strong punch towards Nictis' face and the force of the impact made him stagger back as Magnus would swing his axe to his abdomen but Nictis stops the axe to impale him by the handle, he had no problem holding it still as now they both would struggle to overpower the other.

"We need to do something fast." Bruce said as he stands up. "Connor suit up." he tells him to which Connor nods, he then looks at Katrina and kisses her cheek. "I gotta go baby, watch the kids, we'll be back."

Katrina smiles and she would give him a nod. "Alright, do what you do best." she said with confidence in her tone.

Bruce activates the suit as the symbiote wrapped around him naturally, the same would be said for Connor. "Okay I can't get over that." Spider-Man states in a jokeful way. Bruce chuckles for a bit and flies out through the window as Spider-Man fires a web and holds onto his leg and Bruce would lead them towards the location. "Mercy I want you to evacuate the street, immediately." he orders her.

Back in the street, people would scream and run away from them as they were quite scared. The world wasn't ready for another Alien attack, why did it had to happen so soon? was Earth going to be a target forever?

Nictis would create energy fields in his hand and fire them towards Magnus as he dodged them, but they hit the ground hard causing other pieces of concrete to explode and land in random places. They would exchange powerful blows but Nictis got the upper hand and blasted at him with a powerful plasma blast which send Magnus flying into a car as his axe falls on the ground with a heavy metal thud.

"Not even with a King's weapon you can defeat me..." he chuckles slowly as he takes a hold of the Axe, it didn't have the worthy enchantment but only strong beings would be able to carry such a weapon. "Is this the weapon that impaled Darkseid?" he asked tauntingly as he took a look.

Magnus would grunt as he supports himself by his hands. "That is not yours to hold..." he growls at him.

"Now now, Magnus." he points with the axe at him. "I can aim for the head, unlike you..." he laughs, bringing back memories how Magnus missed Darkseid's head before he erased half of life.

@EtherealWings

Zyon looked at his arm. "Are you kidding me? I can't fight him!" He said out loud to himself.

He peeked past the barrier he hid behind and watched as the being threatened Magnus. "Agh... whatever!" He rushed out of his hiding place. "Hey, lightshow, why don't you give it a rest?!" His prosthetic arm glowed blue and sparks of electricity formed around it as it charged up within a few seconds. "You realize this is our turf, right?"

Nictis would slowly drop his arm down as he hears Zyon, he turns his head to see who was behind him. "And you do realize, I can cut you in half right?" he would turn his body to the side, so that he would have an eye on Magnus and Zyon.

"I don't know who you are." he states. "But I could care less." he scoffs. "The Destiny League is a mess, with Scar gone and the rest in disarray Earth is now the most vulnerable planet and what can you do?" he laughs poiting with the axe at him. "Nothing but only watch and dread for what's to come." 

@EtherealWings

Zyon put a hand to his chin and looked up. "Yeah... you may be right, but... I think I'm willing to take that risk."

Zyon looked past him toward Magnus. "But from what I know, you'll be outnumbered in say... possibly..." he lowered his hand and finger counted, "one, two, maybe 2 and a half minutes give or take? Do you think I can stall you for that long?"