Vetanoob

Extremis Malis, Extrema Remedia

Listening to the conversation Amy took out her earbud and put away her music player. The fact Davis mentioned that the rioters could've been organized intrigued her. She knew this was actually the more likely situation. A leader of some sort promising that the rioters would get some SHD tech among the things they would need as a necessity, medicine, food and water. All the things they need and the things to prevent the SHD from helping. As she was thinking of the idea of the rioters being organized she looked up at the new girl, Daniela. Without much of a thought Amy's reaction was to speak Spanish, seeing that Daniela is Hispanic. "Hola Daniela. Me alegra que hayas podido hacerlo." Quickly she realized that this could've been seen as offensive, assuming a Hispanic person spoke Spanish, and she looked away.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, Vetanoob said:

"What do you guys dabble in?"

On 7/12/2019 at 6:43 AM, danzilla3 said:

"I specialize in infiltration and assault. If our sniper needs help, I'm a top rated marksman. As for gadgets, I have this thing that shoots sticky bombs."

Quickly looking back, Amy chuckled at Merrick's comment about him helping her. With a smile she placed her hand on Merrick's shoulder and spoke with a confident tone. "Just keep me alive. I get paid to shoot with my rifle. I've been hunting since I've been out of high school had training with the SHD." She took the her hand off his shoulder and looked at Davis. "I specialize in long range and stealth. A hunter knows how to keep away from their prey." Quietly she pulls up her watch and taps it slightly. "No one can spot me or any of you if they try to. Stay within my range and you're just as hidden as I am. Almost."

Boomstick jogged past her third block, looking quickly before crossing to avoid interactions with anyone else. She searched through some bags for supplies, finding the occasional useful item like camera lenses and stuffed toys. Camera lenses could be used to repair any optics on her weapons, while the stuffed toys were dissected for their cotton within; to help pad out her winter gear when things got a little too cold. She soon heard a dull roar after crossing her fourth block, and with each step she took it steadily grew louder. 'This must be the riots she was talking about,' Boomstick thought to herself. Pulling out her ACR-E assault rifle, she began to slow her pace, eventually inching forward so as to avoid confrontation with both the rioters and the JTF deployed there to control the situation.

Pushing the crown on her watch once again, her contact lenses flared to life as a device in her bagpack let out a quick pulse. '39 civilians, 8 JTF personnel,' she read. The odds were good. The JTF were not allowed to exercise deadly force on civilians unless given permission by the President, so they were definitely going to be preoccupied by the violence on their hands. However she had to work quickly, as 8 JTF personnel were definitely not enough to keep the rioters at bay. Quickly taking note of the positions of all 47 people, Boomstick picked her spot, laid down, and began to leopard crawl across the street, keeping as close to the ground as possible so as to avoid detection.

Reaching the other side, she checked around once more to make sure no one had spotted her. Once she was satisfied, she got up, dusting off the old snow that had stuck to her clothes, before heading to the side entrance of the Police station. "Drats, locked," she cursed under her breath. She had no access to ISAC too, which meant she had to find a more.. primitive method of crossing. Looking up, she noticed that the wall was not too high, but was topped with razor wire to deter intruders. Not like it really mattered at this time anyway. Glancing around, Boomstick noticed several wooden crates scattered along the wall of the neighbouring building. Grabbing a few, she placed them along the wall, stacking them until they formed a makeshift staircase to the top of the wall. Placing several opened luggage bags over the razor wire so as to stop it from slicing her open, Boomstick vaulted over the wire and landed with a thud on the other side. Quickly pulling up her rifle, she listened for any sign of her presence being noticed. Satisfied that she was still undetected, Boomstick proceeded to find an open door, before heading into the station.

Advancing further up the bridge towards the friendlies she was to join for an operation as a now activated division agent, Taryn held her assault rifle crossbody muzzle facing downwards. With her alert level on high, she dodged and weaved further through abandoned cars. Letting the rifle swing to a hanging position for a brief moment, giving herself a moment to use the communication system through ISAC to alert the team she was coming up on their six. 

“Specter here, approaching from behind.” 

As Taryn came into view to the others, it became apparent that she was a well trained professional with the way she carried herself. Slung over her back was a cloth case that carried the broken down TAC-50 sniper rifle, her baby as she would address the rifle in private or with colleagues. Equipped with her utility belt and M9 pistol, her M4 held in front to allow for a quick use if need be. 

Reaching up with her left hand to lift her aviator sunglasses from her eyes, she would smile at the team that seemed to gaggle out in the open. Just catching the end of the conversation addressing what each of the team members specialized in, she smirked. 

“Long range sniping with a TAC-50, Infiltration and Assault. Needless to say, I was a Seal in a past life.” Later on when they had more freetime, Taryn would go through her inventory with the other Division agents. 

Davis cocked his head at an angle as he raised a brow. Their party seemed to be heavily skewed towards marksman and snipers. Only himself and probably Merrick seemed like true blue assault types. Then again, he surmised that his newfound colleagues would be able to switch roles on the fly. This was what they trained for... to protect what remains by any means necessary. Now that everyone was here and had introduced themselves briefly, he waited a few minutes to see if anyone was going to take leadership of the team... 

And there was nothing but uncomfortable silence as agent stared at agent, then stared right back at him. Davis groaned inwardly, he hated these kinds of situations. Even during training, he always seemed to get stuck with the role of the reluctant leader. He sighed, resigning himself to his fate. 

"Welp," He started, motioning his head towards the general direction of their current objective. "It's nice to meet everyone. Let's not keep the rioters waiting."

"ISAC, plot a course to our current objective. Establish local area network with agents in immediate vicinity." He exclaimed in a clear, but low voice. Almost instantly, a thin orange line appeared in front of him. Hopefully, his team mates were seeing what he was seeing.

"Route established." ISAC announced. "Local Area Network established. Distance to objective, two-point-four kilometers."

Setting his MP5 at the low ready position, he turned to follow the GPS line at a steady pace. "Okay, I'll take point. Let's move out; Tactical column. "

Merrick had led men into combat before, but he deliberately waited to see if anyone else would take the initiative to lead the team. Interestingly it was Davis who stepped up and assumed command; albeit with obvious reluctance. The behavior meshed with his earlier display of leadership in setting a rally point. While he was the man was clearly more comfortable in a support role, he did not hesitate to take charge. Perhaps he understood the burden of command; and therefore would not take unnecessary risks with the lives of his teammates. Or maybe he just felt pressured into acting. Either way, Merrick was content to follow him for now.

"Recommend we stay of the main streets as much as possible. I've heard reports of snipers taking potshots at pedestrians."

Advice given, he fell in behind Davis as the group got underway.

Breaking the lock into the police station wasn't hard; a strong and swift boot into the handle shattered it, causing the door to swing open with a bang. Quickly she leveled her rifle toward the room, expecting gunfire to  come her way. After waiting for a while, and satisfied that no one had detected her, Boomstick stowed her rifle and pulled out her pistol. It was easier clearing room by room with a pistol compared to an assault rifle; one being small and maneuverable, while the other being larger and more clunky. 

The police station showed signs of abandonment. Stacks of paper and files were strewn all over the desks and floors, which indicated a hasty deployment to some other facility or situation. There were signs of a struggle in the rooms as well; scorch marks were clearly visible along the walls and floors, and empty bullet casings were scattered all through the station. The Cleaners had obviously come around for a hostile visit and left souvenirs. Boomstick took special care not to step on any of them; leaving signs of her being around was a big no. She had to be a ghost here. No one was supposed to know where she was, and she had taken every care to make sure that was the case. This was all part of her survival plan; no predator ever revealed their location until they were ready to kill. She had her targets. She knew whom she had to kill to reach the top. However, until she was ready, she had to remain hidden from the outside world. 

Looking around for an open terminal, she soon found one in the Police Superintendent's office. The corpse of the Police Superintendent was still there, sitting limply in his cushy chair, clutching on to his service revolver. There was a bullet sized hole in his temple, and from first glance it was pretty obvious what had happened. Moving the chair a little to the side, Boomstick pulled out a small USB-C wire and attached it to the terminal. Typing in a few commands, she soon found what she was looking for. The armoury, located in the basement of the Police Station. was holding on to some SHD tech. Reaching out to disconnect the cable from the terminal, Boomstick suddenly had an idea. Typing a few more commands, she found her way into the SHD network, and pulled up her file. She double clicked. "Heh, Sergeant Morris," she uttered, smiling to herself. Scanning through her file, she felt a small pang of nostalgia as she remembered everything that had happened. Soon she came to the end of the file, where it was written: [Armed and Extremely Dangerous. Kill on Sight].

"So, that's what they have planned for me huh. Sons of bitches."

Making some alterations to the file, she deleted her name, her known aliases and everything that could identify her. Looking at that final line, she thought for a while, before deciding to leave it there. A pop-up suddenly appearaed, prompting Boomstick if she wanted to save those changes or not. Clicking on save, the terminal suddenly asked for an authorized card scan. Looking around, she spotted that the Superintendent still had his RFID card on him. Picking it out, she scanned the card on the card scanner. 'Bzzt', it emitted. A voice chimed, one that she was very familiar with. "Unauthorized access detected. Owner of card is deceased. Initiating distress protocol."

"Damn you ISAC."

Quickly picking up her pistol, Boomstick rushed toward the nearest stairwell with access to the basement. She did not have much time before a Division agent was sent her way, and that was something she did not have the stomach or time for. 

Specter was a well rounded soldier, even though she specialized in long range sniping. With her M4 assault rifle at the ready, she just nodded her head to the orders that were given to move out. ISAC was given a command and a course was plotted from where they stood to the police station that they were going into help. Looking up over her head noticing the orange line that traced the best course to take, she felt the smirk appear over her lips. 

With Davis taking point and Merrick following in as his second, Morgan took her place behind Merrick. Checking over the assault rifle in her hand, her thumb tracing over the safety to reassure herself it was off. Holding the gun in place with her left hand while the strap supported it over her shoulder, her free hand slide over the Pulse she carried attached to the strap of her backpack. At any time she can activate her pulse to allow a mass scan of the area around them, pinpointing any enemies in the vicinity. 

While the others took their places in the tactical line, Morgan activated her pulse as a test run. Starting from the origin of the device, an orange grid flashed outward from her body to an area of about sixty meters flashing a message of no nearby enemies. Continuing to go over her equipment, Specter was satisfied with the results as they began their dangerous journey through a falling city to stop a riot. 

1000?cb=20190617052908

The journey to the police precinct took about twenty minutes give or take. But to Davis, it felt like an eternity! No one spoke throughout their brisk patrol. No rioters, no civilians, open streets... it unnerved him. Like as if anyone could simply take a potshot at them from anywhere. There was just too many hiding spots. And since no one was talking, it was hard to take his mind off of it other than making sure they weren't ambushed. 

As they neared the precinct a chime rang through his earpiece, then the familiar voice of ISAC came through. "Unauthorized federal database access detected. Distress signal activated. Uploading GPS coordinates."

Davis quirked a brow and tapped open the map. The coordinates showed the signal coming from right inside the police precinct! How on earth did someone manage to access it? Was it the rioters? What would they ever need from a police precinct's database aside from records? Davis turned to his fellow agents. "Looks like someone's accessed the police precinct's network. Maybe the rioters are getting more mischievous besides pinching food and water. Let's pick up the pace guys.

Turning round a corner, they reached the parking lot section of the police precinct. There they found three Joint Task Force (JTF) personnel taking cover behind a car with their national guard uniforms overlapped with hideous (in his opinion) neon green helmet covers and vests. Davis mentally facepalmed, wondering who had authorized such a bad tactical wardrobe malfunction. 

"Flash!" Davis called out the code word, hoping they would recognize it as friendly.

"Thunder!" The two men and one woman spun around in fright, almost training their guns on them on reflex.

"Relax guys. We're Division agents." Davis exclaimed. "We heard you had a rioter problem, so we're here to help. Can you give us a sitrep?"

One of the men looked around nervously, then nodded his head. "A group of rioters are holding up inside and raiding the supplies as we speak. Apparently, when they attacked the precinct they were caught off guard and most of the personnel were slaughtered. From what we can tell there may be still a few hostages alive inside. There could be anywhere between ten to twenty of them inside."

Davis nodded. Twenty untrained hooligans should be enough for all of them to handle. It seemed that they didn't know anything about the unauthorized network access inside. There was no need to tell them, he surmised. He would investigate it personally. "Okay. Is there anything else you think we need to know?" He turned to the rest of his colleagues. "What about you guys? Any suggestions or stuff we might've missed out?"

Edited by Vetanoob

The good news, as Merrick saw it, was that they were dealing with rioters instead of one of the more organized groups running amok, Bad news was that amateurs could be even more dangerous then professionals. If they started panicking there was no telling what kind of stupidity they might get up to. A hostage situation was less than ideal, but they would have to deal with it; and quickly. The longer the situation played out, the more likely it was that the civilians would be coming out of the station in body bags. Kwan was asking for suggestions, so he would offer his appraisal.

"I'd recommend breaching from multiple entry points; hit them hard and fast. Specter can provide overwatch; let us know if any of their friends show up, or pick off any runners."

He'd used this strategy countless times in the past; with great success. Send your enemy reeling and then throw the knockout punch while their still off balance. It was one of the most basic plays in the business, but the basics are basics because they work. 

A warning flashed across her vision, ISAC was warning them of a data breach in the system within the precinct. Looking down at the watch she wore on her left arm, allowing her rifle to rest against her torso, Taryn pressed a few keys on the touch screen. It appeared that someone else was trying to get into the precinct besides the protesters, which brought a whole new feeling of excitement to the division agent. 

Listening closely to the SITREP, Taryn nodded in tune with Merricks suggestion on how to infiltrate the police station. Eyeing the jumpy guardsman, she couldn’t help a smirk. It was obvious that they hadn’t been activated for such a thing in a long while, and training can only go so far. 

“I agree with Merrick, I will..” Looking around the vicinity of the building, she spotted a good place on the building just catty corner from the police station. Holding her weapon in place, she knife hand pointed at the place where she would camp to cover them long distance. “I will get atop that building there, this way I can cover the front of the building as the team takes the back and front entrances.” 

Clicking on the safety to her assault rifle, Specter slid the weapon behind her back as she pulled the cloth case forward that held her TAC-50 sniper rifle. Finding the nearest hood of a car to lay it out on, she started to open the case preparing to put the beast together. 

On 8/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, danzilla3 said:

"I'd recommend breaching from multiple entry points; hit them hard and fast. Specter can provide overwatch; let us know if any of their friends show up, or pick off any runners."

On 8/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, Eternity said:

“I agree with Merrick, I will..” Looking around the vicinity of the building, she spotted a good place on the building just catty corner from the police station. Holding her weapon in place, she knife hand pointed at the place where she would camp to cover them long distance. “I will get atop that building there, this way I can cover the front of the building as the team takes the back and front entrances.”

Agent Icepick sighed inwardly with relief. He was glad that everyone was agreeable and active so far. But the true test was when all hell broke loose and the bullets started flying. And as they always said: Plans usually never survive first contact. The database access was especially troubling to him. A niggling in the back of his mind told him there as more than just a simple raid going on inside the precinct. No matter... they would find out when they got in.

"Good ideas. Let's put that into play." Davis nodded. "Fiver, you and Robin will be Team One. Patch and I will be Team two. Specter, you'll run overwatch with Jackdaw. JTF, you'll stay here in reserve. If we need help we'll call you in. Let's split up, find our entry points and get into position. "

It took Davis and Daniela a good few minutes to find a suitable entry point. They waded through the carpark and entered through the sidegate before reaching a shutter door which led to the precinct's garage. Huddling up close to it, Davis took off his backpack and unlatched his drone. Taking out a small tablet, he powered up both the device and the drone which whizzed into the air and flew a good dozen or so meters away from the building. 

"This is Icepick." Davis radioed in. "Daniela and I are at the side entrance to the precinct's underground garage. I've got my drone up in the sky and syncing it to ISAC now."

The drone hovered in a stationary position as it's special cameras combining both infra-red and ISAC's pulse algorithm scanned through the entire building and highlighted its current inhabitants within the area. Most were highlighted red for potential enemies, a couple were colored green for friendlies; most likely hostages. 

"External device synced. Streaming live data to Local Area Network." ISAC announced.

Davis looked around as the highlights came to life before his eyes thanks to the contacts. "Good. I see multiple hostiles on all floors including the rooftop. Got a couple of friendlies on the first floor. Seems like the rioters put them in holding cells of some sort. Wait... there's a faint signal coming from the upper floor. It's kinda flashing for just a moment, but it disappears before an outline of the silhouette can be completed."

Tapping on the tablet to keep the drone stationary in it's position, Davis kept his things and drew his MP5. Summoning the overhead map, he saw that Jackdaw and Fiver were in position. "Patch and I will look into that anomaly. The rest of you sweep the floors, clear out the rioters and rescue the hostages. They don't know we're here so we have the element of surprise."

"All teams, breach." Davis held his breath and pressed the button next to the shutter door. It slid open with a low hum and the pair stepped inside and strode down into the garage. Rounding a corner, the pair were greeted by a large area filled with police vehicles. A few hooded men were crowding around and milling about the vicinity. There was no way they were going to get past them without a fight. "Tangoes in sight. Engaging in three, two, one..."

RATATATAT!

And all hell broke loose.

Merrick looked at Robin before speaking to the AI, "Issac, show me schematics for the police station."

The AI wordlessly did as commanded, and Merrick was soon looking at layout of the building. Going in through the front door would be suicide, so they would need to find another entrance; preferably one that would give them some element of surprise. After a little searching, he found a parking lot in the back that would serve their purposes nicely. Waving away the schematic, he gestured for Robin to follow him, and the two made their way through the alley and around the side of the building. A few minutes later, they were at the rear parking lot. After making sure no one was around, they crept to the rear door.

"ISSAC, show me what's behind this door."

Once more, the AI complied, and showed him the CCTV feed of the hallway beyond the door; revealing a corridor of offices. With another command, it cycled through the various feeds in the building, and soon he found the hostiles. It seemed they were mostly congregating in three places, the front lobby, the armory, and the cafeteria. From what he could see, Merrick and Robin were closest to the cafeteria. He opened the door, and proceeded to lead his companion through the hallways until they reached a set of double doors leading into the cafeteria. The two men took up positions on either side of the door.

"Fiver here. Me and Robin are in position, over."

On 9/3/2019 at 5:53 AM, Vetanoob said:

"All teams, breach."

"Copy."

Merrick plucked a flashbang from his kit, and looked to Robin. The older man grabbed the handle of his door and on Merrick's signal, opened it just enough for him to roll his grenade into the room. A loud boom and a chorus of confused cries were their cue to storm in.

Boomstick snuck through the police station, clearing each room before moving along. What she did not need was a 'surprise muthafakka' moment in the middle of a fire fight, which she knew was coming a mile a minute. The pops she heard on the way to the basement told her that either JTF or someone more skilled was coming her way, as she was confident the rioters she passed by earlier had no explosives or ordinance whatsoever. Coming upon a door, she slowly turned the knob, and pulled it open. Right there stood a lone rioter who had still not noticed her presence. Unsheathing her knife, she slowly reached up.

"Wh..!" came the muffled cry, as Boomstick's hand covered his mouth and pulled hard downward toward her. Wrapping her legs around the rioter to keep him steady, she plunged the knife into his chest three times before slitting his throat in one quick motion. She felt the body slump, then quickly threw him off her. The body crumpled off to the side, lifeless, as the dead eyes stared at the side wall. Wiping her blade, she sheathed it back, and slowly rounded the pillar in front of her. Taking a quick look around, she saw no one, though the shouting from the rioters were still very apparent. "To the car park, we are being attacked," came the calls from the crowd, before one called, "Hey Stuart, get back here! We are heading to the car park!"

'Stuart huh," she thought to herself. The man she had just murdered now had a name, and was no longer just a random someone she met on her road of survival. Her mind started to wander, imagining a life that Stuart had before this. 

Boomstick shrugged. 

Hugging the pillar, she listened out for the guy who shouted for his friend. Would he come to see what happened to his friend? Or would he just rush on forward to deal with the immediate threat? She strained her ears, making sure to take in as much information as possible. The footsteps sounded like they were fading away, and so slowly she emerged from her hiding spot. Taking another quick glance around, the coast was finally clear. Squatting down and pulling up the map she pulled from the stairway earlier, determined that she was not far from her objective now. Pulling out her shotgun, she pulled back the charging handle to check if there was still one in the chamber, then moved toward the armoury. 

The firefight wasn't a much a fight if Icepick was honest with himself. It was more like a turkeyshoot so much so that he wondered how these rioters even managed to overpower the personnel stationed within. The men were armed with nothing more than random implements for close quarters or pistols at the most. Carefully aimed shots put each one down to rest as he and Daniela quickly cleared the parking garage and made their way to the main floor. The agents' training kicked in from memory the more they advanced through the building. The skills they learnt at the academy were beginning to show their effectiveness as the duo covered each other with no misstep. 

Once their side of the main floor was clear, Davis radioed in. "This is Icepick. Patch and I are moving upstairs to the anomaly's last known location."

The second floor was empty and the duo reached what seemed like the Captain's office of the precinct. On the count of three, they kicked down the door only to find it empty. Davis holstered his weapon as he took a look at the computer. "Icepick here. I'm in the Captain's office. Looks like someone's been here. The screen's still on... the Federal criminal database has been accessed. Searching through the activity history... there! Someone's record had been deleted. ISAC, patch into the precinct's data stream and find out who's record has been deleted and who did it."

"Scanning..." ISAC replied. "results will be produced estimated in five minutes.

Davis pulled up the virtual map of the precinct, scanning it for the anomaly. Once again, a faint orange silhouette pulsed once again seemingly making it's way towards the armory. 

"This is Icepick. Picking up the anomaly heading towards the armory. Patch and I are in pursuit. Keep everyone updated of you positions! Go!"

Merrick had done this more times than he could count.

Once the flashbang went off, he cut to the left as Robin went to the left. The first target was sitting at a table with his back to the door they had just breached, and Merrick put a single bullet through his head. Across from him was another Rioter, hands over his eyes as he reeled from the light and sound of the grenade. Two shoots to the chest sent him falling backwards to the floor. 

Next two targets were on the far left of the room, one leaning against the wall and one talking to him. Four shots total, all of which impacted in the chests and abdomens of the enemies. One more man at the entrance to the room, bringing up his gun as he adjusted to the effects of the flashbang. Merrick fired two more shots, one hitting in the chest, the other going slightly high and going through the throat. 

In the aftermath there was only silence. Looking over at the other side of the cafeteria he saw that Robin had cleared his part of the room with the same efficiency as Merrick himself. Before the two could say anything, the front entrance of the room burst open to reveal more Rioters. Upturning a nearby table, the two men took cover as gunfire peppered the walls and furniture around them.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:38 AM, Vetanoob said:

"This is Icepick. Picking up the anomaly heading towards the armory. Patch and I are in pursuit. Keep everyone updated of you positions! Go!"

"This is Fiver. We're engaged in the cafeteria. Will join you when able."