Jump to content
supernal

Movies you're watching now

Recommended Posts

I'm perennially interested in the movies that my fellow roleplayers end up checking out and liking

The premise of the thread is that the movie you'll drop here is one you've recently seen, not that it's a new movie or one of your favorites. If you saw Casablance years ago and it was your favorite, that doesn't go here. If you saw it last week, it does

So what's on your screens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally saw Romancing the Stone a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a great balance of action, adventure, and character development that made for an entertaining movie. While it was a little slow at times, the parts that were good were really good (especially for a low-budget 80s movie). I’m taking off points for Michael Douglas’ mullet though. 8/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murder Mystery - new Netflix OC staring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston 

Having been turned off by Sandler IP for a while, after liking the first few ones initially, I put this on just to see what’s what and was surprised by how funny it was. The plot won’t blow you out of the water but the characters are believable (enough) and the casually delivered extemporaneous (seeming) jokes found their mark on me. I had several laugh out loud moments 

Personally, 7/10

Edited by supernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am Mother - Netflix Sci-fi movie that came out recently about AI in a post apocalyptic scenario. Standard fare for most.

 

Hilary Swank is decent here as is the premise concerning AI. It was a decent ride throughout even though I could predict certain plot points. I usually steer clear of Netflix movies for a variety of reasons but decided to watch this solely because I appreciate the Swank factor. She didn't disappoint. I was satisfied with the ending and the time I invested in watching it. Found most of the concepts believable and character choices acceptable too which is always a plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, Dolor Aeternum said:

I am Mother - Netflix Sci-fi movie that came out recently about AI in a post apocalyptic scenario. Standard fare for most.

 

Hilary Swank is decent here as is the premise concerning AI. It was a decent ride throughout even though I could predict certain plot points. I usually steer clear of Netflix movies for a variety of reasons but decided to watch this solely because I appreciate the Swank factor. She didn't disappoint. I was satisfied with the ending and the time I invested in watching it. Found most of the concepts believable and character choices acceptable too which is always a plus.

I was looking at this and the premise caught my eye but netflix movies tend to vary so wildly I can't really judge by how good or bad other netflix movies are. Is this movie more a 6/10 or a 7/10 for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOOH, movies. I watch a lot of movies a week so I got a few!

Brightburn - Fun take on the 'superhero' tropes. Not ground breaking, not special but fun. If you have free time and nothing else to do, give it a shot! 6/10

Upgrade - I somehow missed this when it first came out, great cyberpunk lite action movie. 8/10

Dredd - I put off watching this for YEARS because Sylvester Stallone hurt my soul; this version is very good. 7/10

John Wick 3 - I'm not the guy to rate this movie fairly, I'm basically the dude at E3 who called Keanu breathtaking. 11/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, supernal said:

was looking at this and the premise caught my eye but netflix movies tend to vary so wildly I can't really judge by how good or bad other netflix movies are. Is this movie more a 6/10 or a 7/10 for you?

I would give it a 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hidden was interesting. Not totally mind blowing but it had the guy from Twin Peaks (not at his best but still) and echoes a lot of what I thought of for how to handle some aspects of the Enrele which was interesting to see done in a movie from the 80s. It was probably influenced by Puppet Masters just as much as I was, with a little reckless action-y 80s flair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 10:53 PM, The Rabbit Emperor said:

John Wick 3 - I'm not the guy to rate this movie fairly, I'm basically the dude at E3 who called Keanu breathtaking. 11/10

Not as a contrast to your review cause people like what they like and you had a proper disclaimer here to start. Just wondering what you liked the most about the movie or which aspects of it you thought were especially well done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...