Mickey Flash

Strong Enough to Pass the Test?

Welcome one and all to the annual Assassin's Guild tryouts!

This year the tryouts will be hosted in the original birthplace of the Assassin's Guild, Kinumo!

There will be tests of strength, stamina, speed, stealth, and wit as the candidates struggle for top ranking in this event.  Many of the events can be witnessed by those interested in coming to watch the show, as the potentials prove their worth in public trials.  As everyone knows, it is a rare opportunity to become one of the elite members of the most dangerous Assassin's Guilds in Seinaru Forven.  Tourists can enjoy our famous local tavern, Snowy's Pub, where many different drinks and food are peppered with our rare and delicious herbs acquired from the top of the mountain.  There will be Pauline's Market, where you can also shop for magical trinkets and items for souvenirs.  At the end of the event a village wide celebration for those who have triumphed, where music, games, and vendors will be there to make all the celebrating possible.  Come and enjoy the festivities, or participate in the trials themselves!

*This advertisement has been paid for by Snowy's Pub, where good eats and nice treats are coming your way.  

**Kinumo shall not be held liable for any harm that may come to participants of said event, or the participants of the festivities.  

Spoiler

Assassins' Guild

Purpose: The purpose of the guild is to gather elite assassin's trained in many fighting skills, and ways to kill. They are trained by the best, and have earned the reputation of being the best. This reputation is good for public relations, and finding more work. They can also ask for steeper prices, because they are a part of the guild.

Policies: There aren't many rules to the guild, but for the rules that exist they are not to be broken. One rule is that no children are to be killed by any of the assassins' guild. This was a stipulation made by the mage who created the spell for the Assassin's Mark, and agreed to by all of the Assassin's Council. Another is that no guild member can use their skills to assassinate those in power, such as government officials, kings, queens, etc. The reason for this was to protect the guild, so that armies wouldn't be sent against the members in retaliation. And the last rule was to make sure that the members meet up at different locations once a year. This is to try out the new “potentials” and to make sure that any and all concerns for the guild are addressed.

Assassin's Mark: This is given to the Assassin member once they have been selected to join, and have passed the initiation. The mark is a symbol branded into the skin with fire and magic. The magic is to keep the members in line to stay true to the rules. The mark will disappear and leave a scar if the Assassin decides to break the rules. The Assassin's Mark magically makes the wearer aware of the destination for each assassin's meeting once a year.

Assassin's Guild Council: This council was made of the elders of the guild, with seven members. They discuss important decisions for the guild, and vote. The council members change every decade.

Kinumo: This is the land where the Assassins' Guild was founded. Many members who have retired live there, taking tribute from travelers that want access to the lifts into Kinumo. Those that live in Kinumo only give food and necessities to the guards of their land for tribute. Travelers give more, or they are held back, questioned, interrogated, and whatever else it takes to make sure they aren't there to do the people of Kinumo harm. Even with tribute, the Assassin's Guild are very protective of Kinumo and all who enter.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The purpose of this thread is to invite those interested to participate in an adventure/tournament to test your character's skills, and see if they are worthy of the Assassin's Guild.  There will be three tests to overcome, tourist attractions, and it ends with a village party.  Our characters will get to know each other, work hard, have fun, and possibly get branded with the Assassin's Mark.  I'm looking for a large group, male and female characters, preferably powered.  This thread is a potential canon thread, which means that if it meets the canon requirements it will be placed in the canon mention page along with whoever joined the thread.  

Link to the thread and OOC thread - 

Edited by Mickey Flash

9 hours ago, The Rabbit Emperor said:

Any more info on this Assassin's Guild you could provide?

Who do they work for? Are they a morally neutral group who kills who they are paid to? A covert branch of Government, etc? 

Is this test open to foreigners, etc? 

The more info the better! 

5 hours ago, supernal said:

Potential employers can come by to play some games and enjoy some live music while scoping out potential bloodthirsty mercenaries and surgical assassins to hire?

Those are very good questions, which reminds me that I need to have all that information placed on the Kinumo page.  All of those questions will be answered tonight, after I get off work.  And I’ll add it to the first post here for anyone who may be interested.  😄👍

Ok, for the questions previously asked, anyone can join the thread whether they be potentials for the guild, employers looking for assassins to hire, or just tourists wanting to see the sights.  I have added more information about the guild on Kinumo's page, as well as put it in the spoiler in my first post.  If there are any more questions, feel free to ask.  And it's good to know I have some interested parties for the thread.  :smile:

Edited by Mickey Flash

1 minute ago, Mickey Flash said:

So far, it seems we have @Baobhan Sith and @Monoxide interested in joining the thread.  @supernal and @The Rabbit Emperor are you interested in joining the thread as well, or just interested?  :smile:

For now just infested. In too many threads at the moment. Justice finished one up but need to trim a few more before considering additional threads. Will be checking back in though 

2 minutes ago, supernal said:

For now just infested. In too many threads at the moment. Justice finished one up but need to trim a few more before considering additional threads. Will be checking back in though 

Oh my, infested.... :dizzy:

I totally understand.  If you ever change your mind.... you can always join in the festivities.  Even if it's just for a short post or two.  :smile:

1 minute ago, Mickey Flash said:

Oh my, infested.... :dizzy:

I totally understand.  If you ever change your mind.... you can always join in the festivities.  Even if it's just for a short post or two.  :smile:

Damn! 

Infested by ... interest-inducing bacteria

1 hour ago, Mickey Flash said:

So far, it seems we have @Baobhan Sith and @Monoxide interested in joining the thread.  @supernal and @The Rabbit Emperor are you interested in joining the thread as well, or just interested?  :smile:

I am interested!!!! Also I have a character in the works. They'll take me some time to finalize and they will be ready for some elemental kills.