Mickey Flash

Assassin's Mark

Susie saw the once lone female warrior grow a large crowd and seeing a oddly attractive woman make her sense known, the lone assassin stood from her chair, walked over to the table of the group all the while her cloak changing from white to pitch black and the red eyes come back for a few seconds before faltering to light grey. She heard the man with the ripped trench coat saying he's planning on joining the guild. With a quiet sigh she sat in a chair directly next to the attractive red head and stared the man down. 

37 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

"And if you get in my way, any of you lot, I give my word. 

Your death will be slow, and oh-so painful."

The first voice to speak was a calm and collect voice which spoke to all of those who wished to join the guild. "I highly doubt the Assassin's Guild would have participants actively kill other participants. The whole point of this endeavor is to see who's capable of joining. However if anyone's capable of overcoming the result of killing I'd wager my money on the big girl with the cheese. However..." Quietly she stops speaking and the light grey flicker to red and she stares directly at the trenched man, voice turning easily psychotic. "...if it were to come down to it all I'd chop you up first and leave your putrid flesh out for the ravens to feast upon you dirty sharp toothed fuck." With almost lightning speed a dagger was thrust directly through the table. causing a mug to tip over and fall, and all that could be heard was a quiet cackle. "Watch yourself boy. Each and everyone has their demons. Some more than others." With a quiet chuckle, the demon possessed girl stood up and wandering back to his empty table and sipped on his drink. The dagger was embedded in the table before slowly vanishing from existence, appearing back in the hand of the 'girl' who was just simply waving back at them.

@Monoxide

Since the guy in the trench coat was the one who began talking about assassins and drew Shalana and Zeno's attention, their attention stayed upon him.  It seemed they weren't the only ones who noticed his loud declaration. Everyone had been sitting in wait, trying to quietly mind their own business and see when the trials began.  But they were all assassin, or assassin 'want to be's.'  They all had dangerous tendencies that were lying dormant.  When the sharp toothed, trench coated man had blurted out his suspicions of the lady eating cheese participating in the assassin guild trials, it jolted awareness through many of the patrons in the pub.  If there were those there not wanting to participate, they were watchers waiting to see if anything exciting would happen.  They perked up too, eyeing the area where the words were uttered.  

His words drew the attention of a red haired, red eyed, bold woman.  She threw out veiled insults while pretending it was all a joke.  Zeno's eyebrow twitched, which Shalana knew from the past meant he was interested.  She rolled her eyes and took another drink of her ale.  The trench coated man's response almost made her choke on the drink, and she had to quickly swallow as she looked in his direction.  

"I like that guy," she said to Zeno, motioning toward the guy in the trench coat.  "He's funny."

Zeno sighed and said in a exaggeratedly bored voice, "He just threatened to kill... slowly... painfully... anyone in the assassin's trials.  This includes you."

She snorted, "I know.  That's why he's funny." 

Her grin was angelic, but he could see the minx underneath.  "Why do you always go for the guys who want to kill you?" he asked.  This was a long standing conversation between them, one that had turned into a joke it happened so often.

She leaned back into her chair, her arm going over the back of the chair in a relaxed position.  "Oh, come on now.  To be fair, they don't start out that way.  It's after they get to know me that they really start wanting to kill me."  Both of them laughed softly.

While they were having this conversation, the strange floating woman from the woods was making her own threats, and throwing a knife into the mix.  This was noticed by many excited onlookers who were just waiting for the now lit powder keg to go off into a grand explosion for them to enjoy.  

Also while Shalana and Zeno were having their conversation, the whispers of what the man in the trench coat had said went through the crowd, passed on from one person to the next, in a hushed wave of excitement.  The way a whisper train works is that it starts out sounding like the truth, and ends up being something entirely different by the end of the train.  What had started as a clear warning to anyone trying to usurp the trench coated man from his winning position in the trials, turned out to be a threat to kill any and everyone in the pub by the end of the whispers.  This met with many scowls, and one particular party was especially offended.  He stood up from his table at the back of the pub, his full seven foot eight inches of height.  He was a Minotaur, and his bull nostrils flared with anger.  He was all brawn, with only a little brain, so it was that he didn't think before reacting in a bar full of dangerous people.  He began to charge with a roar, and his eyes were rolling wildly.  As he passed some tables, he shoved them to the side to make room so that he could go a straight line to his target.  The target was the trench coated man.  "Kill me will he!" he shouted as he made his way through the crowd.  

Shalana heard the stomping of his hooves as he was making his way across the room.  She turned with eyes wide, and then a look of glee covered her face.  She moved aside, just in case her table happened to be in the way, and so did Zeno.  This was not the first time they were witness to a barroom brawl, and they both kept their eyes on the sight before them as they also tried to chug down the last of the ale before the action began.  

10 hours ago, Mickey Flash said:

Since the guy in the trench coat was the one who began talking about assassins and drew Shalana and Zeno's attention, their attention stayed upon him.  It seemed they weren't the only ones who noticed his loud declaration. Everyone had been sitting in wait, trying to quietly mind their own business and see when the trials began.  But they were all assassin, or assassin 'want to be's.'  They all had dangerous tendencies that were lying dormant.  When the sharp toothed, trench coated man had blurted out his suspicions of the lady eating cheese participating in the assassin guild trials, it jolted awareness through many of the patrons in the pub.  If there were those there not wanting to participate, they were watchers waiting to see if anything exciting would happen.  They perked up too, eyeing the area where the words were uttered.  

His words drew the attention of a red haired, red eyed, bold woman.  She threw out veiled insults while pretending it was all a joke.  Zeno's eyebrow twitched, which Shalana knew from the past meant he was interested.  She rolled her eyes and took another drink of her ale.  The trench coated man's response almost made her choke on the drink, and she had to quickly swallow as she looked in his direction.  

"I like that guy," she said to Zeno, motioning toward the guy in the trench coat.  "He's funny."

Zeno sighed and said in a exaggeratedly bored voice, "He just threatened to kill... slowly... painfully... anyone in the assassin's trials.  This includes you."

She snorted, "I know.  That's why he's funny." 

Her grin was angelic, but he could see the minx underneath.  "Why do you always go for the guys who want to kill you?" he asked.  This was a long standing conversation between them, one that had turned into a joke it happened so often.

She leaned back into her chair, her arm going over the back of the chair in a relaxed position.  "Oh, come on now.  To be fair, they don't start out that way.  It's after they get to know me that they really start wanting to kill me."  Both of them laughed softly.

While they were having this conversation, the strange floating woman from the woods was making her own threats, and throwing a knife into the mix.  This was noticed by many excited onlookers who were just waiting for the now lit powder keg to go off into a grand explosion for them to enjoy.  

Also while Shalana and Zeno were having their conversation, the whispers of what the man in the trench coat had said went through the crowd, passed on from one person to the next, in a hushed wave of excitement.  The way a whisper train works is that it starts out sounding like the truth, and ends up being something entirely different by the end of the train.  What had started as a clear warning to anyone trying to usurp the trench coated man from his winning position in the trials, turned out to be a threat to kill any and everyone in the pub by the end of the whispers.  This met with many scowls, and one particular party was especially offended.  He stood up from his table at the back of the pub, his full seven foot eight inches of height.  He was a Minotaur, and his bull nostrils flared with anger.  He was all brawn, with only a little brain, so it was that he didn't think before reacting in a bar full of dangerous people.  He began to charge with a roar, and his eyes were rolling wildly.  As he passed some tables, he shoved them to the side to make room so that he could go a straight line to his target.  The target was the trench coated man.  "Kill me will he!" he shouted as he made his way through the crowd.  

Shalana heard the stomping of his hooves as he was making his way across the room.  She turned with eyes wide, and then a look of glee covered her face.  She moved aside, just in case her table happened to be in the way, and so did Zeno.  This was not the first time they were witness to a barroom brawl, and they both kept their eyes on the sight before them as they also tried to chug down the last of the ale before the action began.  

Liz stood up, moving to the side of the tavern, where she could get a better look. The man in the trench coat was unnecessarily arrogant, and she assumed he was about to be put in his place. Unless, of course, he was as good as he implied he was. She would really like to see this. Hopefully it wouldn't turn into a full scale fight, but then again you could never tell. And would it really be so bad? 

Well. It would be interesting at least. She saw two elves step aside. Liz honestly didn't like elves. All the ones she'd come into contact with were too stuck up for their own goods, and quite a few had met with unfortunate fates. But hey, they brought it upon themselves. It wasn't completely her fault. Kind of.

Why did new people keep interfering with his affairs?  This irritated him greatly, especially with such empty threats.   He called over to the crazy new girl, facepalming. 

"I don't think you quite understand, whoever you are.  I guarantee that there are limited openings into the guild, and that there are some out there willing to sabotage the competition.  Anyone, including you, foolish girl, will be vanquished if they try and oppose me on my mission."

As he finished his short speech, Chad finally noticed the Minotaur confidently stomping in his direction.  He pretended to ignore it, until he judged that it was around 10 feet away.  All that time, he slowly had been removing his great sword from the sheath he wore on his back,  eyeing the burning light of the fireplace.

Perfect.

The Minotaur loomed before him, eyes grossly rolling about.  What a stupid creature.  His blade completely unsheathed, he held it above his head, letting out a sigh. T'was still a shame to kill a beast with such honor.  In the blink of an eye, the dim lights in the pub grew blindingly intense to those who happened to be looking at them.  As quickly as that light grew bright, it became dark.  To those with keen eyesight, they would have sworn they saw the last streaks of light within the pub travel into the core of Chad's great sword.

The Midnight Blade vibrated with power in his hand.  With the room dark, the Minotaur had become wary and confused, and Chad had slipped to its side.  Gritting his teeth, he pierced his sword up into the heart of the beast.  Blood splattered on his cheek, boiling with the heat of a burning fire.  The Minotuar likely suffered a fatal wound, with internal burning within.  Light from firew wrought different effects onto opponents than light from electricity.  

Blade resting upon his shoulder with blood evaporating into the air, he spat into the Minotaur's face and walked behind it to face whatever onlookers he had.  

"Weak.  Too.  Weak.  I gave you all a warning.  Anyone else want to set another example?" Chad looked down at his bloodied coat and frowned.  He had just gotten it cleaned the day before.

As the Minotaur charged Chad, Susie heard the creature huffing loudly and then the lights went out. The red eyes pierced the darkness being the only thing visible in the room and then they vanished from existence. The shadows and darkness was the demons home. The crazed voice echoed throughout the pub as it spoke directly to Chad. "Naughty, naughty boy." The minotaur was then heard clattering through the pub and the front doors clattered open with the body being thrown out by an unknown force. As the light shown in the doors slammed shut with a hard and forceful SLAM. The red eyes were nowhere to be seen and the calm and collect voice echoed throughout the pub. "What a dumbass. Thinking he had the upper hand with a demon of darkness inside."

As the voice echoed throughout the pub the body of the girl had already vanished entirely being enveloped by the darkness becoming invisible entirely. The blades of the demon and the body being invisible walked around the pub and stood directly to the side of Chad. "You can't hit what you can't see." A quiet giggle would be heard and any attempt to attack would be missed as the body would be incorporeal. "I bet you wanna prove yourself to be the greatest. But how can you be the greatest if you can't kill everyone who proves deadly then how would you get into the Assassin's Guild?" As the lights flicker on from being off the body of the girl becomes visible and appears back at the table she was sitting at previously as if she never moved. The voice spoke normally and condescending. "You don't kill innocents as an assassin. There's a difference from being a cold-blooded murderer and being a paid killer. Sometimes it'll get you in trouble."

It smelled of foliage of a variety of species-some foreign and others familiar. It was a comforting scent along and paired with the blanket of humidity; it reminded her of home. This was her first visit to Renevatio, and she had come with a purpose. Kinumo was hosting an event that was of interest for a multitude of reasons. The scenery and scents were a perk for this particular outing, but this was not a leisure excursion, but a business trip. 

Entering Snowy's Pub, her amber eyes took in the room with a quick sweep, not settling on any one person. Instead, she merely scanned over the crowd before weaving her way through the crowd towards the bar. Her heels clicked against the ground as she advanced on her quarry; meanwhile, her ears picked up on conversations as she passed patrons that were deep in discussion. 

She was a petite thing, a few inches over five foot including the height added by her black open-toe stilettos which were secured with thin straps at her ankles. Long ebony locks, parted down the middle of her scalp and left stick straight cascaded down her shoulders and to her leather-clad hips. In her black pencil skirt, a deep burgundy chiffon blouse was tucked in loosely, the neckline fashioned in a deep 'V' that offered a modest glimpse of more feminine assets. 

The woman perched herself at the bar, her right leg crossing over her left as she leaned onto the counter-top and casually waved with her right for the bartender that she was ready to order. Those amber eyes with vulpine pupils averted to glance again at the commotion around her before those burgundy painted lips upturned into a polite smile as the bartender came to take her order. Her voice was muted under the cacophony; however, the man heard her, nodded and busied himself with fetching her beverage. 

There was no weapon to be seen on her person, and yet there was something about her, something dangerous and animalistic that exuded from her. It was her aura that belied the gentle smile on her lips and the way her eyes softened as the man offered her a glass of red wine. Their fingers touched, and pink-tinged his cheeks before he flashed a smile and returned to others that were summoning him for their chosen vice, leaving the strange woman alone.