Akako Akari

Town Hall Meeting | Port Caelum

Shi’s gaze drifts from monster to monster, finally landing on the djinn, only to follow the flight path of the bird it releases. The display is probably meant to be a peace gesture or maybe a gift, however what Shi sees is a spy. If he were to put money on it, the bird is familiar or something similar. Something that could be used to remotely view and collect information and overhear conversations. If he had any say in the matter or concern for the port, he would have promptly killed the thing. Of course, whatever treachery and espionage is happening between these frenemies, is well beyond the scope of his concern.

Speaking of concerns, Shi’s intuition about opportunity is spot on, and his patience is rewarded in the most wonderful way. The initial recommendation that Dredge should meet with Akako in her private estate is by all means lucrative. A little breaking and entering, frosted with a bit of premeditated homicide has a nice flavor to it. However, the counter proposal to meet at the pier…. Well that’s damn right delicious. While there would undoubtedly be security present, the fact of the matter is that the pier would afford him unparalleled freedom to approach the situation however he pleased.

Satisfied with what he’s learned, the assassin drops from the lighting fixture near the back of the building. With the bulk of the focus elsewhere, and people cheering and clapping, his descent is largely unnoticed. Although, there are no doubts that those on the stage have seen him. But what were they going to do? Sitting on a chandelier isn’t a crime! He’s just an eccentric man with odd tastes.

Folding his hands together, into the small of his back, he negotiates around the few people standing near him, and exits the building. There is a murder cake to be made, and he has a lot of prep work before he can get to baking.

At the mention of questions, Mozcrag immediately held up his hand. It was only after a full minute of being ignored did he realize the problem, then began to grumble as he climbed up on the seat so his hand could reach past the line of heads. 

"Yes, yes, I got a few questions for ya." Pulling up his britches, he cleared his throat and held his pipe with one hand as he spoke. "How do you expect to start running a proper country without proper structure?"

"Ya got a lot o' pretty buildings 'ere, no one's doubtin' that now. My issue is that this place could use a right good pair of hands to make sure it don't topple in the next hurricane. Back in me homeland of Tazarek, you could plop any house anywhere, and by Thundermar's beard it'll last longer than the dwarf who built it! Yer gonna need a talented dwarf to get the job done, which is where I come in, Yer Majesty." With a quick harumph he jumped off his chair and began walking towards her. 

"If it's credentials ya be needin', I got em right 'ere on me." Producing several papers from his pocket, he presented a degree from the Architects Academy, a certificate of excellence from the Brick-biter Clan, as well as several letters from prominent builders within the Dwarven city itself. "Suffice to say, Yer Majesty, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone more qualified to build yer vision than me, if I do say so myself." Putting his pipe back in his mouth, small rings of smoke floated upwards from the heavy end, the smell akin to burnt leather and hickory.

There were whispers among the crowd, deliberating amongst each other on questions that they wished to ask, and one brave soul near the back of the room climbed onto a chair and raised his hand.  He wasn't someone she recognized, and it didn't seem like he came with anyone. He seemed to care about this Port genuinely to make an appearance alone and to rise before anyone else to address her. It was something Akako could respect. The corners of her eyes crinkled as she smiled at the dwarf and motioned for him to speak.

He had quite a lot of nerve speaking to her the way he did. The vixen blinked slowly at him as he continued, her lips still tilted up in a polite smile as she listened patiently. The Town Hall was for people to question her, that was the entire point. It would do her no good if she were to lash out at everything that may or may not feel like a barb. Akako found, more often than not, when she allowed others to question her that she would learn something new. 

A drop of white silently descended to the floor at the back of the theater, and Akako watched the stranger excuse themselves from the meeting. There wasn't time for her curiosity to get the better of her; there was a citizen with a concern that she needed to address. 

The dwarf, swiftly approaching, had a valid point regarding the current architecture that filled the port city and new structures that were to be built soon as they expanded into new territory. They would be architects and builders, and he claimed that he could do the job and before she could ask for his educational background and qualifications, he produced a litter of papers. Akako nodded to Aiyoku who stepped off the stage and approached Mozcrag. She gingerly took the documents from his hand and reviewed them silently. Handing them back to the dwarf, the serpent familiar glanced up at Akako and nodded. The demoness returned her attention to Mozcrag, and her smile broadened. 

"Excellent..."

After Mozcrag introduced himself and Aiyoku took additional information from him, the meeting continued. Questions and concerns were brought up over the course of nearly three hours until it was over. 

At the end of the meeting, when everyone had filed out of the room, Akako stepped down from the stage and approached Lilith. 

"Apologies for the delay, these matters sometimes take longer than anticipated. Now, you had something to discuss. Do tell." 

@Infernal @The North Wind

SUMMARY

It was officially public knowledge that Port Caelum was no longer within the Scarlet Empire's rule. Also, there was to be an expansion, and some rulers had already come to ally themselves with the Yokai Queen. The months coming would be busy and chaotic for the small corner of Genesaris, but what was once a quiet port city would now be centered in the limelight. There was no doubt that rumors of Akako's decisions would spread leaving those that knew her and even those that didn't wonder what she was up to.